UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

Welcome home Nogbad The Bad (we all know you are good really!) :wub:

He looks right at home :bigsmiley:

Talking of how we look I have psoriasis and I don't give a bugger about how it looks or how other people view it. If they don't like it or flinch from my touch because they think they are going to get it - well that says a hell of a lot more about them than it does me. I also have a keloid surgery scar on my shoulder that I am very proud of :)

I have just changed my bed. I am so anticipating the lushness that is clean sheets :thumbsup_still: I may have to go to bed early.

edited for missing wurds.

Edited by Yantan

Baddie is just a dream (so far so good) he's spotless in the house, he worked out where the backdoor was almost immediately and now pops his head in here when he wants to go out and makes a teeny little woo woo sound lol his fosterer told me he always goes in the same place and indeed he has gone in the exact same place every time he's gone out (and he's been out a LOT) however he has chosen a potentially uncomfortable place to pee as its a flipping holly bush! He seems to be drinking a heck of a lot but that could just be the affects of a long journey. He takes his treats so gently and just like Nog used to all treats are taken back to his bed to be eaten at leisure. When he wants a fuss he will ask for it, otherwise he is content to stretch out on his bed and sleeeeeeep lol He seems to adore Rob already though I have explained to him he needs to suck up to me too as I'm the one who controls his food and treats LOL

He needs to gain a little weight, and he needs some oil in his diet as his coat is a wee bit dandruffy though lovely and soft. He's had a dental and his feet have been sorted out - although I suspect that we'll need to keep an eye on his nails as they'd been left for so long they'd grown under his pads and some of them are now a bit on the curly side. He has a funny walk - I suspect thats because a) he probably hasn't been walked in a long long time and b) his nails would have made walking very uncomfortable. Despite the fact its clear he's rarely been walked he is an angel on the lead walks with a lovely loose lead, no pulling and content to just walk along beside you. He doesn't know how to play nor what toys are for but hopefully he will one day. Although he's only 81/2 he gives the impression of being a much older lad, Nog at 8 was in his prime whereas Baddie at 8 is more like Nog at 13.

Theres no doubt Baddie has had a rough time up to now but from now on all thats going to change, and I'm sure Nog would approve.

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

griff - yay for dryness :pinkie:

marion - changed my bed yesterday too - nowt better than snuggling up in fresh 500 thread count Supima sheets which have been washed lots so they are ultra soft :wub: I can highly recommend these Debenhams ones which I have two sets of in ivory and natural.

Welcome home Baddie :wub: Landed right on your paws there mate :wub:

Edited by merledogs

awww i am so glad Baddie is settling in well.

Clean sheets are lovely

Suzeanna you are very welcome..... could you PM me your name and address please?

well she hasn't pee'd again..... although we are up a lot earlier than yesterday...against my wishes i have had to get up, she hsn't been eating much again but she has got teeth coming out everywhere!

it is a bit chilly out but the sun is shining, the crocus' are up so spring must be here........... nearly!

• Like 1

Just looking at Insurance for Baddie - never been with petplan and can't get a quote from them at the moment as their website is down and they don't do quotes on the phone on a Sunday - is it worth me hanging on to get a quote or not? Anyone have insurance with them who'd recommend them? M&S have quoted me £43.17 for the same cover Nog had £7,000 per year per condition £70 excess and next year (when he's 9) £70 plus 20% we've never had a problem with m&S but we do know that premiums go sky high when we have made claims - i.e. Nogs renewal was £163 per month! More Than have quoted £33 per month for £12,000 annual cover rather than per condition, but the cover would renew annually to the full amount. £75 excess plus 10%

Thanks Alex. I may have to treat myself to those sheets. I did enjoy my clean sheets last night. I was forced into changing my bed because Archie had got into it, having pulled the duvet down and left my bottom sheet all muddy and covered in bits of dawg knows what. Why he can't just lie on top of the duvet I don't know!

Aw Snow, I loved the update on Baddie. They don't ask for much do they, just someone to love who loves them and has nice soft kind hands. I am sure Nog will approve :)

Good girl Dakota for having a couple of dry nights :flowers:

i have my cat and laney with petplan, i won't recommend them now due to the trouble i had with Dakota being labelled aggressive... what i will say for them is that they do pay out quite quickly, nearly all vets will let you claim direct and after being with them for 13 years and claiming over £12000 the last price we paid for diesel was about £43 a month with an excess of £115 +20% of any condition (don't know if that helps you at all?)

dakota is insured with vetuk which is really Agria pet, she is insured for £7500 a year and that is £35 a month, one of the ladies at training is with the co-op and she pays £16 a month for £5000 a year cover and that is lifetime too