UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

ahhh punishment followed by pleasure, glad your return journey wasn't too eventful

been to the training class tonight at the other venue, it was mostly o.k as i was with one of the ladies from my old class, we were like the naughty kids at the back of the class Lol, i kept getting very disapproving looks from a fella there with his wife, daughter and grand daughter, kota is 5 months old and i don't want a dog who can't think for itself, all i want is a dog who will sit, stay and come.... thats it! luckily i don't have to do the silver/gold awards i can just go for the socialization which is what i want

Definitely punishment - it was my first evil abs class since the beginning of January last week and I couldn't laugh for about 3 days :laugh: :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had fun at training - I used to love my dog training sessions. Much preferred training Charlie though as you could see the cogs turning in his little mind and then the lightbulb moment when he got what you were asking to do. He was so easy and fun to train. Ted on the other hand was a right pain in the ass - he used to break his stays as he didn't like parking himself on the cold floor :laugh: Once I introduced a piece of vet bed for him to lie on, he was much happier to stay put. He used to be so stubborn at training though (a bit like me I suppose :laugh: ).

Forgot to say last night, I got a call from my dad telling me what a good time they had at bowling and then they went out for tea. Dad said I should have gone (until I reminded him about the fact I had Blue to sort out) and that they all had a really good time. Then my brother's GF posted on FB what an amazing afternoon they had all had :angry: I am still glad I had some me time, but think it was a bit mean of them to rub it in what a great time they all had - especially since the bowling was my idea :angry: :rolleyes:

it was o.k a bit embarassing as she kept killing her lead..... i really don't know why she does it as my other dogs never have, also she doesn't lie down and settle ver except in the crate or on the sofa so she wouldn't lay down... the fella next to me looked proper narked... can't wait til the summer when he sees me in all my chavvy glory Lol and wait til shes grown into her next pink staffy collar, as long as she doesn't go round beating dogs up i'm happy enough

Gooster, i forgot to say... at least you had a good afternoon making your cookies, and i think you did the sensible thing in taking time out as you knew the situation would only get worse. perhaps next time go to the cinema, all put a film into a hat and whatever gets picked out you've to go and see... do that until everyones film has been watched.... that way you don't have to bother with your brothers girlfriend too much!

Hope the scan goes ok Jazz. I can't believe it's Tuesday already...I'm going to be a nervous wreck tomorrow, I've been getting steadily worse all week! Hadn't realised until I read up the full information about the sentinel node biopsy that it takes so long to get your movement back in the shoulder...or that some women still have pain in the arm five years after the procedure. Five years? :crying_anim: Oh..and the blue dye they use to pinpoint the nodes stains your boob and can take up to a year to disappear, or may be permanent. That's going to look ...erm...different! I know, I know...it doesn't happen to everyone, some breeze through it but unfortunately I'm one of those people who if they can have complications, do!

Suzeanna, it is perfectly normal to be worried....... we are all right behind you here.... you will be o.k. like you i am jinxed but........... at some point our luck has to change and for you it is tomorrow! Do you know if it is the same ink they use for doing the dots for radiotherapy? if it is it is a bit noticable for a little while but it will fade a bit

Gooster, what films do you fancy seeing?

Merledogs, i hope Beau is still improving

we've got the rain back.... boo! i need to go and get some stuff to put in kongs for the puppy...no idea what though lol

Good luck with the scan Jazz :flowers:

Suzeanna - am sure everything will go ok and you will be absolutely fine :GroupHug: :grouphug: I will keep you in my thoughts :flowers:

Cinema wise, I quite fancy watching Cuban Fury and there's another one I saw advertised but can't remember the name of :) The cinema is an antisocial outing anyway, so am not bothered if I have to go alone :)

Lol, i know what you mean about the cinema being anti-social, it makes me laugh when people go on their first date together to the cinema..... why? you can't talk to each other! Cuban fury looks quite good, i also like the look of that george clooney one about the arts things that got pinched in the war... i have to wait for them to come on dvd as i can't sit still long enough

Jazz, hope your scan has gone o.k and you get seen on time too

i have just called and left a message for my consultant, i have been taking the higher dose tablets for nearly a week and i feel no better... in fact worse so i called but forgot today is his private day... his secretary has sent off an email and i am waiting for him to call, if he hasn't called by 11am i will have to walk the dogs and hope he will talk to my dad!

I like the look of Cuban Fury too :) I have no problem going to the pictures on my own - never have. If I was going on a date to the cinema I always picked a film I wasn't particularly wanting to see because, especially during teenage years, you seldom got to see it anyway :whistle: My first kiss was on the back row of the local cinema :laugh:

Good luck today Jazz :flowers:

I wish I would be done with the menopause and thro the other side. I have had a rough couple of days because of it. Grrrrr.

How is Beau doing Alex?

Griff Archie does the lead chewing thing - we've never cured him of it although he does desist when told as I stand still and refuse to go any further until he does. He gets that message quickly now but it took a while to get him to that point. Him and Dakota must share some DNA somewhere along the line as they sound so similar in many ways :biggrin:

Is it April 1st? There is a lady, Doris, on the Music quiz on Radio 2 and it sounds like a set-up to me.

• Like 1