UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

I'm going on my holibobs to Maesteg in June to see my cousin who moved to New Zealand and my auntie :pinkie: Haven't seen either for a couple of years so really looking forward to it. Just need to find somewhere to put my baby dogs - preferably boarding in someone's home.

Edited by merledogs

Baddie went to the beach yesterday -something I dont think we'll do on a Sunday morning again lol Barry Island beach and prom on a dry sunny day is dog bedlam there were off lead dogs big and small everyfeckingwhere and owners who simply didn't give a monkeys if their dogs were running up to other dogs and being pushy. On the beach you kind of expect that but on the prom I expect people to at least pay lip service to keeping their dog under control. Now Baddie is absolutely bomb proof and didn't turn a hair no matter how big or small the dog or how rude or shouty they were - but ffs the owners of those other dogs couldn't know that and frankly WE weren't sure how he'd react around small dogs either hence him being on a short lead and us carrying a muzzle. The one that really made me cross was a young jack russel who appeared from nowhere with no obvious owner in sight and who made a bee line for Baddie, and was very persistent trying to sniff and jump at him, we tried to shoo him off but he persisted and we were getting a bit cross when his owner marched up and said to Baddie not us - oooo you need to growl and snap at him big boy then he'd get the message :mad: I was gobsmacked - so I was a bit short and said loudly as she continued on her merry way oh yeah thats right other dogs need to learn to be snappy with off lead dogs saves you teaching yours some manners! Rob and I were fuming having had a reactive dog and all down to other peoples dogs it makes my blood boil.

However like I said Baddie was an angel, no reaction from him at all to the other dogs, but boyyy oh boyyy when his feet touched the sand did we know we'd got an exracer lol everything about him changed, he was poised, alert, like a coiled spring he spotted the dogs running free and he wanted to join them he didn't pull on the lead but he was on his toes pancing along and when we told him it was time to go home now he was like a little kid, he was so reluctant to come off the sand, and he kept looking back over his shoulder and making funny little noises for all the world like a kid saying awwwww mummmm 5 more mins pleeeaaaase lol We even got a harummph of disgust when he was back in the car lol

He's definitely bonded with Rob tbh I saw that happening at the kennels Baddie just took to Rob right away, dont get me wrong he likes me too but he seems to adore Rob already, this morning Rob's gone off to work Baddie watched him go then spent a good 5 mins crying for him - he knows I'm here, I even let him out and he went to the front gate and just stood looking up the road and whimpering, so I brought him back in and gave him a dried chicken strip and he seems to have settled down now. I wont bother him for a while now so he get used to the routine and a little later I myself will pop out for about 10 - 15 mins so he's got the house to himself.

• Like 1

oooooooo snow, out of control dogs do my head in.... it isn't the dogs fault its the owners but the dogs are the one that gets hurt, ther is one particular dog round here, an entire male and his owner refused point blank to fetch his dog even though he could see me struggling to hold laney and stay upright....i ended up swearing at him and his response was well my dog wanted to say hello...erm does the hackles and lunging indicate my boy is happy about things then?? i am sure Baddie will miss you just as much as he misses Rob, i don't think mine give to hoots if i'm here or not...mind you i am the one who tells them off, gives them medicine etc

Murtle, enjoy your time in dublin, my mum and dad are flying back from there today!

glad to hear beau is a bit brighter

the puppy pee'd again..... i think it was about 6.30, i just couldn't get myself out of bed, i don't want to use puppy pads as they are scented but might get some of those matress things that old people and kids have

Baddie sounds brilliant Snow...shame about the other dogs. Dylan bonded to Philip when we first brought him home, and he is still very much Daddy's boy. If Philip is in the bathroom Dyl paces around outside whimpering, and he's always much happier to see him than me, but he does lie with his head on my lap on the settee and funnily enough over the past few days he's been my shadow, more than Philip's. Maybe next time (allowing for friendly dogs on the beach) you could let Baddie off? Especially if you held him whilst Rob walked a few hundred yards away then called him? Dyl is good on recall unless he sees a cat or squirrel, but Rosie is a nightmare, no offlead for her...she just doesn't come back, little horror.

Glad Beau has perked up, do you think he could have eaten something that upset him?

6.30 isn't too bad Griff, maybe she's getting the hang of it.

Dunno suzeanna - may have picked up something nasty over the fields. We're off to the vet at 3.30 as a precaution - he seems to have some pain in his tummy/bum area.

Just had a call with an occupational health person which was arranged by work cos of my condition. Wasn't exactly sympathetic :rolleyes:

awww so sorry to hear beau still isn't feeling right, hope he is soon back to his usual self

why is it people seem to be in the wrong job... occupational health are supposed to be there to help you so you can perform to the best of your ability for the company..... mum has had a dealing with some at her works, one is lovely but the others have been mean.... same as a woman at the place i drink, she is a nursery nurse or a classroom assistant, the way she speaks about the kids is awful and i don't get why she works with them if she dislikes them so much.... i would be terrified to leave my kid with her!

me and kota are joining the visiting the vet club.... i can't get to the bottom of if her canine has come out or if it is snapped below the gumline but i couldn't have her sleep anywhere near my head last night as her breath made me want to wretch so that isn't right, better safe than sorry i guess.... only problem is anything dental in the first 12 months isn't covered so i have to stand the cost... can't leave her though so if she needs an op i am insisting on a spay at the same time so i only pay one GA fee

• Like 1

Kia was apparently channelling Sophie's spirit on yesterday's walk - it took 40 minutes to get her back on lead at the end! Just like Sophie, she was in sight pretty much the whole time, just having too much fun chasing rabbits to let me close enough to grab her :glare: It's exactly what Sophie used to do, and not something Kia has done before. She was shattered when we got home, and slept all evening.

I hope Dakota's tooth is easy to sort out - Logan is missing one of his front teeth where he snapped it off when he ran head first into a labrador :crying: It hasn't caused him any trouble, but canines are bigger teeth, and if her breath is smelly, best to get it checked out.

Baddie sounds like a darling :) Shame about the other dog owners though :flowers:

Hope Beau and Dakota are feeling better soon :GroupHug:

I made a big mistake this morning - someone mentioned in my spin class that it was half term, so me and my big gob commented that the traffic would probably be clear on the way to work. What a stupid thing to say :laugh: it took me 40 mins to get from Simister Island (at j18) to j16 where I get off the motorway (and it's not even that far!). Thankfully I leave the gym early on a Monday morning, so walked into work just before 9am. Next time, I'm going to keep my gob shut!!

Poor lad, Dylan had that some while back..he kept licking his back end, but otherwise had no symptoms. They soon cleared up with the antibiotics, so far (fingers crossed) no sign of them recurring, as I gather it could mean an operation to remove them. Hope Beau soon gets back to normal, sounds as if he's already on the mend..I imagine having them expressed gives immediate relief.

awww poor Beau, anal glands are funny things, my cat had loads of trouble with them... there was mention of removal for him but luckily he dodged that bullet Lol

oooooo naughty Kia, at least you could see her though which is a good thing...little minx Lol

Dakotas tooth is o.k, it was a baby tooth and her breath pongs as she has so many teeth coming out and growing in... don't i feel a git! i was told i did the right thing and didn't get charged for the consult. She is really a handful though, so wriggly and happy to see people... just need to get her to calm down a bit! i have been told if she stops eating...she doesn't eat properly anyway that i am to take her back in or if she gets a lump and if when the other teeth fall out and come back in i don't see that one then i am to fetch her back

Hope Beau is feeling better soon :flowers:

Glad Dakota's teeth are nothing to worry about :flowers:

Journey home from work was much less eventful than the journey to work. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow though after the madness that was today!! Got to get out of bed for my evil abs class in the morning, but I'll be done and dusted by 11am, so then I can veg on the sofa for a couple of hours :)