UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Glad you have a new home Jazz but hope you get the mould sorted out quickly. I know Owl said if you bleach it you'll get blonde mould, but I used bleach on a mouldy wall where we used to live, and it didn't return.

Lovely peaceful day here..not! The farmer is harvesting the hay in the fields behind our house (still ongoing whether they are going to opencast or not), and the council workmen are drilling holes in the house next door and knocking brickwork out. It's one of those drills that really sets your teeth on edge, what with that and the thump thump of sledghammers I'm getting a headache. On Wednesday they are due to be starting on the house which is the other one of our semi, so that will be even worse.

Did you see the smoke from that big fire in Sheffield yesterday Owl? Lots of people on Facebook saying it was visible in Chesterfield and as far as Inkersall, we are too far out to have seen it.

Thanks Marion. I think they are just worried about the cost - we have moved vets to the vet hospital who provides out of hours for our old vets. They are more expensive, but the care you get is much better. I think for a consultation it is about £40 :rolleyes: I think mum and dad are hoping to find a vet that gives the same service but charges low fees - I doubt very much we would find somewhere as good as County's end. Every dealing we have had with them has been fantastic. I am happy to pay whatever it takes to get him better, but another part of me is also worried they may find something seriously wrong with him :(

nice to see you Suzeanna, hope all is well with you and that the noisy work stops soon

Gooster, hope your parents see sense and take Charlie to the vet for you

Yantan, luffly wall paper

Jazz, that is not right at all, when the estate officer comes to check a property before exchange with our housing, they even go as far as getting you to pull out the wardrobes so they can check that the walls are painted behind!!!

it has been very very hot here and i am loving it, despite not sleeping properly.... mind that isn't heat related at all, might risk a few beers tomorrow and see if i can knock myself out for a bit Lol

Far too hot here - much prefer it around 70F with a nice breeze. Weird this morning though - bright sunny day at home, as soon as I got onto the M602 drove into a big bank of fog which lasted all the way to work but soon burned off.

Bluddy neighbours have started the shenanigans with Kinky again and it's become increasingly hard to get her to come in, so she's being kept in and only allowed supervised access to the garden. I've also put some diagonal trellis along the fence panel where she normally jumps up and it's raised above the fence line so she's not attempted it yet.

That was good going, Yantan. Early walks are lovely in this heat. I took Wispa out between 5 and 6 his morning, warm already then. Had to be a walk around the lanes as until this afternoon I couldn't do early walks in the wood as had broken my glasses and have been relying on prescription sunglasses for the past week. Ok in the open but not in deep shade. This afternoon I got all new glasses as eyes have changed. Weaker distance and sunglasses, stronger reading glasses.

Yes suzeanna, I did see and smell the fire, could smell burning plastic even though smoke was about 8 miles away and not heading in my direction. 20 tons of plastic on fire, yuck! It was still going first thing this morning. You would not have seen smoke as it drifted eastwards towards Worksop area

Interesting that the bleach worked on your mould but not mine.

Oh gosh Murtle the end of your hols has come round fast! Safe journey tomorrow :flowers:

I really struggled with Archie's walk this morning but he got the same amount of exercise as yesterday so I don't feel too guilty. I could have done with my stick to lean on but with my problem grip I cannot hold onto to it for very long :rolleyes:

Blinking heck I feel like I'm running a blinking boarding kennels here - Sal goes to MIL tomorrow along with Nog as both Rob and I were working and couldn't be sure what times we might be able to get back for wee's etc. as it happens Rob is now more than likely to be around after all but we will stick to the plan lol Nog then comes home with us Wednesday eve and Sal is staying with MIL as Nick & Vicky are coming to stay Thursday until Monday and are bringing Bruno - Sal & Bruno utterly detest each other and last time they met the hair flew and we were lucky they didn't end up tearing lumps out of each other. MIL thinks she can now cope with Sal at home and her friends can help her with walks for a couple of days.

The plan then had been that Sal came back to us Monday evening as the Cinnamon trust haven't got anyone available at the moment, however Nick & Vicky are having builders & decorators in and they have just rung to say they are starting next Wednesday for a week and a half. Neither of them can get time off work and they don't want to leave Bruno alone in the house with strange men and could we keep Bruno with us for a fortnight? :unsure: Now I had been quite firm from the beginning when we had Sal that it was fine provided that it did not stop us from either visiting Nick or them visiting us, or us being able to help them out with Bruno should that be needed, but as things stood I had to say no and suggest kennels for Bru :unsure: the alternative was that the 2 weeks be split between Sal & Bruno alternating at the kennels :unsure: however I just spoke to MIL and she thinks shes much more able to have Sal back with her now, in fact shes hoping next week to be back driving again *fingers crossed* it really is only walking Sal that remains the issue and with the canny collar she doesn't pull as badly as she used to (tho she does still pull) MIL thinks that even if its only short walks she can manage on her own if needs be or with her friends helping out occasionally but if she finds she really can't cope then Sal will go into kennels until Bru goes home and then she'd have to come back to us until Cinnamon trust have someone available.

So I'm still going to be a 2 doggy household for another few weeks, and I'm swapping 1 barky shouty dog for aother barky shouty gobshite but there is now a possibility that once Bru goes home it'll be back to just us and Nog.