UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

I had a very uncomfortable day yesterday, had to go to Mid Wales for work taking 2 passengers with me, my little car struggled a bit over the mountains but we made it, however, some bright spark had the idea to hold one of the workshops outdoors between 11 am and 1 pm - needless to say as I had not been expecting that and had thought I would be stuck in a class room all day I had no sun screen and no sun hat :unsure: there wasn't enough sun shades to go round so I ended up with sun stroke - my head was pounding and my face was cherry red had a 2.5 hour drive home in temps reading 34 C didn't get back until 7pm. I was pretty much out of it for most of last night found it hard to cool down even after a cold shower and ended up sleeping last night with a cold wet flannel over my face. Thankfully I feel much better this morning and my sun burn isn't too bad just my fore arms and the side of my arm just above the elbow face is still red but thats now just where I picked up the sun rather than me being over heated. The class rooms were windowless and at one point there were 40 people crammed into one gawd knows what the temps were then I just know that it felt like sitting in a bread oven.

Sal has left the building so until this evening its just me & Nog :biggrin: Its looking like Sal might have gone home for good the Cinnamon trust have been in touch with mil and they may have a someone available next week, mean time mil has friends who will help out with the walking plus mil herself is hoping that she will be able to at least do short walks herself. Sal happily took her place sitting on top of the drive post to watch Rob & Nog leave and then trotted back inside without a backward glance lol Nog too is utterly indifferent to the fact Sal is not here any more mind you he has no idea that his best mate is coming tonight and unlike Sal Bruno will expect to share the bed with Nog :biggrin:

morning all xxx

we slept till 8. feeling the anesthetic now. throat is sore so the dogs are happy im not talking to them lol

ive rung the housing association. they have till 12 and im ringing environmental health. if they are so ignorant they dont have the decency to even ring me back

I slept fine last night so please tell me why I feel so knackered this morning :shrug:

I've just brought Archie in for barking in the garden. He's gone upstairs to bed for a sulk :rolleyes:

The whole Facebook thing gets to me and I find myself disliking friends for their vapid, boring, constant updates although there are some that are very witty and entertaining. It does bring the crazy out in people. I particularly don't get the people who update whilst out on a night out about "having a great time with my lufferly friends" - one friend told me that another mutual friend did this whilst a group of them were out but she hardly interacted with the group at all as she was updating and reading FB from her phone all night. FFS why?

• Like 1

I have been using FB a lot more recently posting updates - I have no doubt mine are boring to 99% of my friends lol its the digital equivalent of a vent for me or just dumping stuff "out there" so I can get on with other stuff and fergeddabout it - sometimes too its useful for me to test the waters about whether I'm over reacting or wibbling about nothing, I have myself been guilty of using the "check in" thing to post photos of where I am now and again - tbh thats to make you all jealous :nahnah: nah actually for me its mainly because I am like a bloody big kid with my smart phone I still cant get over being able to do that when I'm in the middle of nowhere or out and about :blinking1:

Snow, sorry to hear you had sunstroke, how very stupid of them not to ensure that there were enough parasols to go round and if conducting a class outdoors could they not have sent a memo to ask people bring water and sun cream. i am thrilled on your behalf that Sal has gone home and i hope that everything works out fine and dandy and she stays put with your MIL, my next door neighbour has begun walking for the cinnamon trust and loves it as she gets the pleasure of the dog without the expense.

hmmmmmm i don't do facebook really, not for me, i have the odd nosy at some of my relatives and spend my time thinking thank feck i avoid them Lol i do agree though it can be good if you need a bit of help/advice or just to have a rant...... i will do that here instead though (sorry in advance Lol)

Jazz, does your council have a housing enforcement officer? i think thats the right name, it is where you ring if you have trouble with a rented property, they can ensure that things are sorted out, there was a case today in our paper where a lady has been taken to court for renting a property in sub standard condition and after being given a schedule of works which she didn't follow she was up in court, fined and a massive piece in the paper naming and shaming her Lol

i am currently fed up...my confidence has legged it on me and i realllllllllllllly need it back before it is too late

Griff..some years back when I'd had a knee op that went horribly wrong and left me with muscle spasms in my thigh that literally made me scream and fall over (funny to watch, no doubt, but not to experience!) after physio had got me back on my feet I had panic attacks about being out on my own..I used to freeze in place scared to move in case I fell over again. In the end I went to a hynotherapist, and she was brilliant and got me sorted after a few sessions. What the hell has all this to do with me? I hear you thinking...well, she gave me a tape to listen to (I've lost it!) but the important thing and it does seem to work, was visualisation. Sit somewhere quiet, picture yourself calmly and confidently doing whatever it is that's scaring you, preferably whilst listening to some relaxing music. It works for me 9 times out of 10.

Snow, hope you are feeling better now. Some co workers of his on my OH's FB page were muttering about their childrens school sports day the other day, children kept outside from 10am with no shade, and not enough water. Her daughter was really ill that evening and several others were too. You'd think the warning about overheating would be getting through but no such luck.

Owl, both.

It gives a platform for the crazy ones who were always crazy but can now share their craziness with many others, which makes the sane ones go crazy by reding the craziness!

I think you are right. I would not be on it at all except for crossmatching and crossposting missing dogs, and sending texts to people who have lost dogs to invite them to put on site at Doglost.

But the dog world includes a cross-section of people and also their FB friends, and stuff gets into my news feed. I usually ignore their political opinions, but sometimes they get so extreme that I feel that people need to be reminded of what happened in Germany when one group of people got blamed for all of the country's problems. This morning I felt it would be cowardly of me to remain silent. They also need to know that not everyone holds their opinions. It didn't go down too well, to put it mildly. You can't have a sensible discussion with people who think they can prove a point by using enough foul language and get all their information from sensational newpapers. I have been told I am stuck up and full of myself because I don't use language which would get me banned if I used it here. Sometimes I even use long words!

Sadly they have proved my point. If someone like Hitler appeared now and set up a Facebook page, he (or she) would have billions of likes and a sizeable section of the country goose stepping and saluting in a week. So many people are just so ignorant, and there is no excuse for that when so much information is freely available on the net if you want to research anything you fancy. I have learned more from the net than I ever did in formal education.

And two days ago someone messaged a real (not Facebook) friend of mine telling her to watch out as I was no true friend and was out to do her harm, and am not what I seem to be. This person only knows I do vet runs for my friend. I got in touch with the culprit and asked her what she was concerned about, but she refused to discuss anything with me because she doesn't know me. She was just trying to upset people for fun, it would seem. Middle age woman, old enough to know better. Some people seem to think that if they spend time helping with dog rescue and care about animals, it excuses them from treating other humans with any decency.

Thanks for offers of places to come and warm up! It's just right temperature at my house now.

• Like 1

:wavey: to everyone.

I like Facebook but tend to keep out of anything that is likely to get messy :unsure:

Had an embarrassing moment yesterday at the gym. Mr G said something to me, and you know when you don't catch what they said and you ask them to repeat it, and you miss it again so just smile and nod.. Well that happened :rolleyes: I will blame it on my sun frazzled brain :laugh: He was a bit quiet with me when I asked him after my spinning class for a band for the pool and sauna, so am guessing my response probably didn't match what he said to me :unsure: :rolleyes:

Great post Owl. As always wise and sage words :flowers:

Jayne one thing I have noticed about getting older is that you stop feeling foolish over asking what someone said more than once :jammin:

Tesco have delivered me some food so now I can have my breakfast come lunch :thumbsup_still:

ive rung the council, which have the environmental health. they will ring me back. not putting up with this

the problem with facebook,is if you dont like someone, you have mutual friends,so have to remember to block them so they dont see what im writing

Thank you Yantan. I had better stay here where people are a bit saner. My last post on the offending thread has had no replies but not been deleted. I was attacked for supporting child abuse, on the grounds that Islamic law permits marriage below our age of consent, so if I don't hate all Muslims I am in favour of abusing girls. Maybe they are all so stunned by my comment that forced marriages of girls aged 12 were common in England until relatively recently that they have gone to have a lie down and a nice cup of tea. I love history, it is a handy weapon for smacking people round the ear.

suzeanna, that sounds sensible, not boring :)

• Like 1

You should be forced to take an IQ test before being allowed to post on Facebook.

I have just had a lovely little cuddle with baby Evie. She is such a pleasant little girl, always smiling and giggling. She and her mum have taken Archie down to the river. Their dog Sadie is staying with grandma to give her a rest from Evie who, now she is crawling, makes a bee line for Sadie. Although Sadie is very good with her in this hot weather her mum thought she might just take exception to Evie's fascination with her. Sadie loves grandma and the feeling is mutual so she will be having happy times.

If they don't stop drilling and hammering soon I think I'll go mad. :mad1: Poor Dylan doesn't know where to put himself...it's too hot for him outside and too noisy indoors! Our houses are steel framed, so the drilling vibrates right through the house, it's awful.