UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Suzeanna that is scary. Hope he gets appropriate treatment.

Hope doglets are coping with the heat and noise.

The cats are not loving this heat and as big, long haired black cats it has all got a bit much for them I think!

Griff hope you are ok. In fact hope everyone is ok, or better than that preferably!

xxx

Great news Mary :partytime:

I would get on to your council Snow - we get a letter from our council if we put our bins out too early or don't put them back quick enough after they have been emptied :rolleyes:

Very hot here again, slept with my windows open last night. I can't believe how much more noise there is when you sleep with the window open. There is a house that is being done up across the way from me, the builders have been starting early so that they can get more done whilst it is cool. This morning they started about 6.30 :angry:

• Like 1

Great news murtley :flowers:

Went online to renew my car tax and was denied cos my car has no MOT. Turns out I havent renewed it since march last year. Managed to get it into a garage near work so shd be done today.

RMF:I have an intern for the next six weeks.

• Like 1

oooooooooo Merledogs, you were lucky not to have been stopped by the dibble!!! our place send you out a reminder in the post and i think the Govt do a text remider service but it costs £1.50

Snow, i wouldn't be at all happy to have to pick up other peoples crap, if i do i lob it bac in their garden Lol

Gooster, you are right, it is very noisy at night.... i slept like a log with thanks to Carling Lol

Murtle, i am so pleased to hear your news, i hope you will be really happy in your new post!

i am o.k thank you, as my old GP used to say i just need to "man up" Lol

My thermometer in the porch was reading 33C so I put it outside and in moments it went up to 38C. It finally settled at 40C which is 104F :confused: It's started to fall back now and is currently reading 37C but still too damned hot!

Fortunately it's usually cool here in the back of the house - dining room and kitchen - so I am sitting here with the fan on and it's bearable. Archie has just come back from his walk and was completely dry after his water frolics by the time Cara got him back - that alone shows how hot it is.

Evening.

oooooooooo Merledogs, you were lucky not to have been stopped by the dibble!!! our place send you out a reminder in the post and i think the Govt do a text remider service but it costs £1.50

Luckily I didn't get stopped by the feds emot-cop.gif and my car passed its MOT so I'm legal again. The garage I had it done at will send me a reminder so I may get it done there again cos it means I don't have to take a day off work (it's about a mile from work so one of my colleagues will run me down.

It's this sort of weather that makes me wish I didn't have 60+ planters to water :rolleyes:

RMF : There are about two dozen wood pigeons and collared doves round my feeders at the moment :wub:

Lol, i bet the coppers wouldn't believe it was a genuine oversight either, hmmmmm would any of those dribble feeder things be any good for your planters? you know the things that go on 2 litre pop bottles

Yantan, it is super hot today, the vet asked how i was in the heat and said love it, there is less chance of me picking up chest infections in the heat and at the moment i don't work so it is fine for me

today would have been my grandads birthday so i went up to his grave, he has been gone for 24 years but it still amazes me how much i miss the old sod

Oh Alex was it the one on the roundabout with the BP petrol station - Oakwood Gate? That's where we get ours done and if you remember to give them the reminder card when you pay next year they'll knock £5 off for you.

Pleased you've been offered another contract Murtle. Hope it turns out to be enjoyable for you

How are you getting on after your op Jazz?

Scoobs had a dental today and is having lots of zzzz on his duvet.

• Like 1

Yes Jazz, the ground needs to be level and of sound foundation and that way when it rains etc the slabs won't twist so your shed will remain in the correct shape, if you just put the slabs down and then the shed on top when water gets under the slabs it will end up lop sided as the slabs resettle themselves (think thats right!)

had a real laugh tonight, one of the old boys i know got some new teeth, got drunk and kept losing his teeth so popped them in his pocket, had to be carried home and lost said teeth... flippin brilliant, he is a wwII veteran