UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Moaning.

Been out for a really long walk and Taffy had a lovely swim in the fishing pond (which we sneaked into). He stinks of pond now but I really must take him for swims more often because he loves it :wub:

Two newborn calves in the field today :wub: So ickle :wub:

I love the dog diary :laugh:

Loo I was a Saturday girl at Birketts from the age of 13 until I was about 17/18. That was when it was on Station Street. I have so many tales of just how parsimonious the conventioners are from my own experience. They have to be seen to be believed. Did you know the damned thing runs 3 weeks now :banghead: I don't know anyone who likes it being here including many Christian friends. The lot that comes here do not represent their faith well at all.

OK so here's the sitting room progressing nicely. It could actually have been finished this weekend had the workmen who need to come to finish off had put in an appearance :rolleyes_anim:

20130714_170734.jpg

The true colours aren't showing but it gives you an idea.

• Like 2

Glad you like it and hope the mould can be sorted as not good for your chest. It has to have proper anti-fungal stuff on it. If they clean with bleach it doesn't work, you just end up with peroxide blonde mould.

Yantan, that is looking good :)

Did car boot, sold a load of paperbacks. It was cool and misty until it ended around eleven, and then the sun came out so we had a quiet afternoon at home.

Sister and BIL are still in hotel. Dog had to go into kennels as the friend who she was staying with had booked to go on hols.

Morning.

Glad the move has finally happened Jazz.

Jayne, how's Charlie doing?

I love the wallpaper Yantan.

I had a busy weekend. On Saturday the club I train Kia at had a fun agility show just for members, so I went along and helped out. Didn't run Kia, but Logan got to join in for fun. Ended up with a bit of sun stroke so spent the evening in bed feeling miserable. Then went to an agility show yesterday, but it was too hot so we did 2 of our runs and then left before the last one. Took the dogs down to the river in the afternoon instead, and they had a lovely time swimming after the birds. Kia's coat went all curly as it dried :laughingsmiley:

I was sat at my desk thinking something smells funny. Looked at my shoes and I've stepped in dog sh*t :mad: I've shoved my shoes in the car and swapped them for my hiking shoes which don't quite go with office wear, but will just about do.

Not a good way to start at day at work, poor you. Hope you got over the sunstroke OK.

A couple of Fugees have mentioned moth problems. I came across a site with info about which moths you don't want to have around, with identification guide .

http://www.mothprevention.com/

The bigger moths which get into the house are harmless and in fact beneficial as they do pollination, so just open the windows and let them out.

• Like 1

whata nice man on the phone! shame hes not my housing officer, as she hasnt put on the computer that I live here now

they are coming within 6 hours to fix the front door lock, then I can go out lol its 10 days to unblock the sink from outside,done everything we can but it hasnt worked.

then need a call about the mould. I cant live in it, I can feel my lungs getting sore

Charlie is still a bit wobbly and has a head tilt :unsure: I think he needs to be seen by the vets, but as I am working 6 days this week, I am not going to be able to take him :( Last time he had vestibular, the vets put him on a drip to stop any dehydration due to him being sick. He hasn't been sick yet, so mum and dad think there's no point him going to the vet as he doesn't need a drip :unsure:

whata nice man on the phone! shame hes not my housing officer, as she hasnt put on the computer that I live here now

they are coming within 6 hours to fix the front door lock, then I can go out lol its 10 days to unblock the sink from outside,done everything we can but it hasnt worked.

then need a call about the mould. I cant live in it, I can feel my lungs getting sore

Jazz, .that doesn't sound good. Did nobody check out the flat before you moved?

I'm sorry to hear Charlie isn't so good Jayne. If I was closer I'd take him to the vet for you. Perhaps your mum and dad are doing an ostrich in the sand act trying not to admit that Charlie may have a problem?

It's much cooler here today - there is a lovely cooling breeze blowing. I had forgotten our DW was away for part of this week and left it too late to book the stand-in so I took Archie to the park this morning early to avoid the heat. I was pleased with myself as I managed a full circuit (although I did have a couple of sits) Archie got to have a lovely paddle in the beck as well as doing mad running. It was no way near the level of exercise he is used too but I figure it won't hurt him for a couple of days.

My car is kaput again. I need to get on and look for a replacement.