UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Thanks for the positive thoughts about Charlie - am not sure if it is the heat or not. Apparently yesterday he was still wobbly, but mum and dad haven't taken him to the vet :rolleyes: :angry: I will see him tonight, so if he is still poorly, I will take him myself. Dad being the OCD person that he is walked them at about 12 o'clock midday on Saturday and Sunday, so that may have affected him. When I walked them on Monday, I waited until about 5.30pm when it had cooled down a lot. When I told dad off for walking them at that time he just said they'll be fine - I totally disagreed. Charlie is 13 and a half and black, not exactly a great combination to be walked in the middle of the day in a heat wave :angry:

Oops poor Charlie!

I might have sat out in the sun for too long yesterday as my knees are rather pink today!! Been a long time since I burnt myself as I am normally so careful about it.

Glad to hear the move is progressing Jazz

xxx

It's sweltering today. Felt it when out on run before 8am.

Fingers crossed Charlie is improving. Our lot aren't being walked as much at the moment. Poor Scoobs has a very thick coat so has had me up quite a bit in the night keeping him cooled down.

Hope move goes well Jazz.

Hope car is a goodun Owl

Griff hope you can work it out soon

Migraines are such awful things. Hope the meds have helped Marion.

Owl, i too hope the new wheels are going well, i also hope your family are settled in their new house soon, similar happened to my friend but the HA put her and 3 little ones in one of the skankiest B&B's in the city centre

Yantan, hope your head is now feeling better, have also suffered with migraines a few times and it is amazing how debilitating they become

Murtle............... did you download that app??? must fess up though my knees were a bit red the other day

Gooster, i agree with you.... not a wise idea to walk the dogs at midday, i have tried taking mine in the evening but it is nob head central and the other night i had an awful run in with an out of control dog who "just wanted to say hello" laney had been doing so well too

Merledogs, you could take a leaf out of my neighbours book..... go watering the garden at 4am!!!!! he cuts his feckin grass at 7.30am on a sunday too

Jacobean, i really just need to get a grip of myself..... i will eventually get things sorted out (hopefully)

I've ordered a fan on a stand for downstairs from Screwfix. It should be here tomorrow. I just hate how humid it gets around this time of evening.

Archie loves the heat even tho he is mainly black. I put his sheepskin in the shade today though - I don't want him overdoing the sunbathing. He's spent a lot of time frolicking in water with the DW's this week which has been a good thing.

Thank you for thinking about me with the migraine - I caught it in good time and the sumatriptan worked so I didn't have to spend a day in bed feeling wretched.

New car is fine thanks, easy on fuel and with lovely cool aircon. Its first trip was to the tip, with all the stuff I have spent to past 6 weeks sorting out ready for when I had a car.

I am taking my househunting friend to look at somewhere tomorrow.

Morning. Went for a run, my legs seriously disagreed! Now time for some coaching and then relax in the sun. Griff i need I go back and find that app! Though alcohol and sunshine isn't big or clever!!!

Hope peeps and doglets are well xxx

here you go Murtle

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/sunscreen/id407934973?mt=8

Jazz, good luck with both the move and the op

been to the vets this am with diez...... she growled at the vet... lots!!!! in 12 years of having here she has never behaved like that with the vet, she was having her claws cut so she wasn't happy Lol, the vet took no notice, we got back and went for a potter and ran into one of the nurse so we spent an hour nattering on the green Lol, i always thought she was nice but she really was lovely, she said i was always so happy and you wouldn't realize there was anything wrong with me which was nice as i saw a photo of myself yesterday and i don't do having my photo taken very often and it was the first time i had seen myself through the eyes of somebody else since getting ill (if you see what i mean) and i did not like what i saw