UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

Hello July :)

Dad had to collect my brother and his girlfriend from the airport this morning. Their plane landed at 4.45am. As dad had to be up, he made damn sure everyone knew about it :rolleyes: :laugh: Ted peed on the carpet, so when he got back he was using the mega loud carpet cleaner at 6am to clean up the pee :angry:

Morning...I woke OH up very gently at about quarter past midnight when I went to bed...to punch and punch him :-)

Love the bunny!

Blimey Jayne, I thought 7.00 on a Sunday was bad (courtesy of upstairs!) but 6:00 is mean!!

• Like 1

Morning all! I am knackered after the weekend but thankfully have the day off today to recover.

Our agility club held it's first ever KC show yesterday and it went so well!!! :cheer: The feedback has been really good, we had glorious weather and everyone seemed to have fun in the sun :cool03:

• Like 1

I've been out gardening. Fed a gazillion plants with the watering can. Finished the border as well. Think I'm going to widen it slightly and plant some smaller dwarf Rhodos in the gaps.

DSC_0002_zps6b514a62.jpg

Need to finish painting the fences but need nice weather first!

Oooh I am freezing. I have the plumbers here re-fitting the gas fire and he keeps leaving the door open but I am excited to be having the fire and radiator restored. The porch was decorated yesterday in a sunny yellow with white gloss on the tongue and groove. It was all cream before so it kinda hits you in the face right now but it won't take long to get used too.

Sounds good.

Glad the agility weekend went well, Sandra.

The people who have my car have hopefully now diagnosed the final fault. The ECU unit, whatever that may be, is on the way out.The guys working on it were very upset as a new one costs a huge amount. My kind friend Chrissie got the news before I did, and she didn't tell me until she had found a 2nd hand one online. It's in a local scrapyard for £45. Also she found a local firm who do recon ones.

Glad to hear the agility went well Sandra :)

We ended up at Lansdown on Sunday - came away with a 3rd and a 5th in the jumping classes. It was our last grade 2 show - I'm going to miss the small(er) classes.

Owl, glad to hear they've tracked down the source of the problem, though sorry to hear its not something minor. The 2nd hand one sounds good - definitley cheaper :)

Here's the fire restored to its spot. They had a job with it as the frame has twisted due to our chimney breast leaning back. It's taken 2 men several hours to get it to this stage and still has to have the gas supply reinstalled. They can't put the radiator on today as they want to take the opportunity to bury the pipes below the skirting board and that's not yet been fitted. The costs are just spiralling :tired:

20130701_143308.jpg

And our phone has stopped working. The DW hasn't been yet and I'll bet she's been trying to phone to let me know why. Poor Archie. I'm going to have to find my mobile and charge it up. I hate the bloody things. I hope the week is only going to get better!

Oh no Yantan, i think you can do a line test on Bt phone lines online.... do you have another handset you can try?

Owl, lets hope the new ECU sorts out the gremlins in your car

Gooster i would have killed my dad if he woke me up at that time in the morning Lol

Merledogs, your garden looks lovely.... we have grass and a fuschia and dogwood and thats it! both of which are about 30 years old and were gifts from my nan

Jacobean, glad to hear your dad is doing so well.... good news about him getting his own set of wheels too....... there will be no stopping him!

Jazz, you do make me laugh with your Diddycar Lol

sophie and sanrosscot sounds like you both had a nice weekend of agility

to anyone else i have missed i am sorry, i am being a bit pants at keeping up with things

a friend has been round to help sort out all that stuff you dont know what to do with so put it back. so thats all sorted and boxed. I have a bid on the big scooter so know that will be going at the weekend.

got my pre op check tomorrow, but will be going to the dump before hand so lewis can do the humping, before he goes back to the isle of man for a rest lol

it will be the start of the move, as he wont be coming back here again *sob*

love to all

oh yes, still waiting on a call to know if the move is happening next weekend ...

diddycar, still looking after the new scooter and mower, has to take all the black sacks to the dump tomorrow, dont tell her or she will have left home by tomorrow lol

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1