UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jolly Jabbers

merledogs

I haven't moved, won't be before end of Sept now. My mum's garage can't be adapted as I had hoped, as the wall I hope to have removed is a supporting as well as dividing wall, and if we messed about with it the stability of flat roof could be affected. So Wispa and I are having a log cabin in the garden.

Can't get a caravan into garden with lifting it over garage by crane which would cost a lot, then we would have the problem of dismantling it at some point. So going for a nice cabin which would enhance the property for the future.

Unlike Jazz, I really will be living in a shed hehe.

oh Owl, that is frustrating, do you have to put in for planning for log cabins? we aren't allowed anything like that here, no chickens allowed either!

Jazz, how good of the phone company to disconnect you early Lol and fancy the person not understanding why you are narked, i got annoyed when i had to report a fault to them and as my dad is a phone engineer he told me the fault lay at the exchange and not at our property... all i could get out of her was" if the fault is at your property it will cost you £££" i lost my temper and said my dad would go and fix it, next thing i got an email telling me the fault wasn't at my property!!!

just been to pick up some flowers and picked up the first bunch, i accidentally tipped them up and it is a good job i did as 3 heads fell off them, will go and pop them on the grave later

Owl we had a huge chunk taken out of supporting wall when we did the kitchen and bathroom extension several years ago. It was made possible with the use of RSJ's and a structural engineer who worked out where they should go. That said I like the sound of the cabin better and I think you will be well cosy in one. I visited a friend of a friend's place in Norfolk and she lived in just such a dwelling in the garden of her sister's house. It was fab!

The fan has arrived and is a dog-send. Ruby has arrived home from a weeks attendance at a colour conference and is getting stuck into putting lining paper on the walls of the sitting room. I've put it thro there for her as it's like a sauna. We are still waiting for the electrician, joiner and plumber to come and finish off so have just decided to get on regardless.

My eye is annoying me. It started twitching in the outer corner this morning and continued on and off all day. Now it feels like there is something in the eye at that same corner. It's starting to water and though not painful I am very aware of it and feel I want to rub it but am resisting - so far! Anyone had anything similar?

No, we don't have to get planning permission for the cabin unless it is above a certain height, which is why some people have run into trouble with tree houses and flagpoles. or unless it is built into foundations so it can't be removed. It can be placed on a concrete platform and even secured to it, but no building below ground level. We do have to get electrical work approved by building reg people, but getting a light and a double point in there which is all we need should not be a problem. We are only thinking of 10 ft x 8 ft so it will be large garden shed size.

Twitchy eyes can be a sign of tiredness or stress. If it feels like there is something in it, there could be a few causes - there's something in the eye, hay fever or dry eyes. My left eye felt irritable all day yesterday, but is fine today. I didn't take an antihistamine yesterday, so figured that is why it was annoying me :)

• Like 1

Twitchy eyes can be a sign of tiredness or stress. If it feels like there is something in it, there could be a few causes - there's something in the eye, hay fever or dry eyes. My left eye felt irritable all day yesterday, but is fine today. I didn't take an antihistamine yesterday, so figured that is why it was annoying me :)

Oh tiredness could be it! Thanks Jayne :flowers: It's stopped twitching today but it does feel like something is irritating it. Maybe it's an eyelash but they are so fair I can't see them at the best of times never mind trying to spot a stray one in my eye :rolleyes:

It seems a bit cooler this morning than yesterday. I hope so anyway!

It's muchos scorchios here. Dragged myself out of bed to have a run and glad I did because it was the easiest yet, despite the heat. Amazing how quickly it becomes less of a struggle. Still stopping and starting and running the same patch but the stints are getting longer.Have had a shower so no need for fingers on noses.

Doing loads of washing now

I take back what I said about it not being so hot. I showered and came out feeling so refreshed. Got dressed and then decided to run the hoover thro the house. I am now dripping and about to melt into a nasty little - little? OK then BIG puddle.

Well done on on completing a run this morning Michelle.

that is good that you don't need planning permission, we have to get consent to have a shed.... we are covered by a covenant thing though.

Yantan, hope your eye feels better and you cool down soon

Jacobean well done on the run...... you are very committed running in this weather

Merledogs, this is what i use for killing moths, it is really good

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Zero-In-Clothes-Moth-Carpet-Beetle-Larva-Killer-ZER434-/120996866776?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Weed_Pest_Control_CV&hash=item1c2bf9aad8

used to get it from wilko but they stopped selling it so have to buy online now, it really does work, the only problem is remembering to pick up the dogs water bowls and remembering to shut the door Lol. if you do get some just make sure you cover your mouth and nose

I've been out and jump started my car again.

I hadn't realised that it is "convention" time here again when all the christians hit town. It's bleedin awful as they have such an attitude and cause all sorts of problems with bad parking and walking down the middle of the road and making lots of noise etc. etc.. I am going round muttering "too many christians not enough lions".

• Like 3