UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

snow glad you had a nice time :flowers:

Jacobean, hope you enjoyed your rest and hope your dad soon has some fellow patients who are up to talking :flowers:

good grief marge, 300 onion sets, errrrr that will be onion soup onion soup and onion soup until next christmas then :laugh:

Merledogs, hope the dogs tummies are all settled now and i hope you get a dry night tonight :flowers:

if i have missed anyone :GroupHug:

i had a lovely afternoon with my cousins yesterday, we haven't seen each other properly for about 8 years and it was just as it used to be :laugh: we spent hours chatting and laughing and slagging off our relatives, for years they believed it was just them that had been cut out of the family... they were very surprised to hear i haven't seen most of them from the age of 11 and never met any of my cousins apart from them, we are going to make more of an effort to stay in touch, they really have turned out 2 wonderful women and given all they have been through it is a wonder how they managed it!

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning

Glad you had a good outing Griff :flowers:

Hope the cranberry continues it's good work Alex. It's a pain when you have to keep cleaning up after them. Scoobs has become a bit incontinent because he's losing his feeling, so we get the odd dribble.

Fergus is driving me up the wall today. Was completely barmy when out on his walk and being thoroughly nutty indoors.

BIL was rushed into hospital last night. Feel desperately sorry for my sister. He starts his chemo next week but we expect him to only be with us a few months if that.

Stepmum has seriously wound me up and I've dug my heels in and said enough. I've never met such a selfish, attention seeking madam in all my life.

BIL was rushed into hospital last night. Feel desperately sorry for my sister. He starts his chemo next week but we expect him to only be with us a few months if that.

Stepmum has seriously wound me up and I've dug my heels in and said enough. I've never met such a selfish, attention seeking madam in all my life.

Sending healing thoughts for your BIL and sister Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif From what you've said, your stepmother doesn't sound a very nice person, well done for digging your heels in Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I've just found out that my auntie has lung cancer, she beat breast cancer several years ago but not sure how 'bad' it is this time :(

Sending healing thoughts for your auntie Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : This working in your jammies lark is the way forward biggrin.gif

Jacobean :GroupHug: :GroupHug: p*sses me off how inconsiderate and selfish some people can be when there is another person in need... you stand your ground! :GroupHug: for your brother in law

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: colliesrbest, my nan has terminal cancer.. it is colon cancer that has spread to her lungs and she was given 6 months just over a year ago and is still here despite no treatment, stay strong and positive :flowers:

Merledogs..... would pee my pants if you had to do a video conference now :laugh: :laugh:

i have just had a nosy at facebook (i don't go on facebook) after my cousins telling me too.... i am thankful i am distanced from my relatives, i have never seen such an ugly creepy looking bunch of people in my life :laugh: my dad doesn't look like any of his relatives.... but does look like his father :unsure: thank goodness i don't look like any of them!!!

Griff a positive attitude goes a long way as your nan is living proof. It was the same with my step-mum who was given 6-8 weeks to live in April 2010 yet she lived more than double that despite being riddled with cancer & also was receiving no treatment other than pain relief. She had such a positive attitude and refused to roll over and give in. For your nan Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Michelle good for you girl flowers.gif

Alex your fur family are certainly testing your patience with their wee antics Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I might be coming down to Manchester to throttle Steph for giving Archie the most annoying squeaky toy on the planet laugh.gif He absolutely luffs it, it's now his most-favourite-thing-in-the- whole-wide-world but because of that I have to put up with the damned thing squeaking almost 24/7. He was even playing with it in the middle of the night and woke me up with it. It was also my early morning alarm call this morning when he flung it in my face at 6.20am in order for me to throw it for him rolleyes.gif

2 more sleeps and we will be off to our lovely rented cottage in Scotland - as long as my friend is OK by then. She had to see the doctor yesterday as a bad cold turned into a chest infection. She is 80 now and you can't be too careful with things like this. She is hoping the antibiotics will have kicked in by the time we are due to leave. Fingers crossed.

:ohmy: :ohmy: you kill the squeaks in your dogs toys :ohmy: Merledogs you are evil :laugh: :laugh: yantan i am very glad archie is sharing his joy :laugh: i got my pair a leapfrog scout toy... it is for babies but god it is hilarious, thankfully it has an off switch to save my sanity :laugh:

Collies r best hope your aunt is going to be ok :GroupHug:

Griff :GroupHug:

Positive attitude goes a long way to helping situations.

:laugh: at Marion. You have a great gift as you quite often have me chuckling.

Toys get confiscated pretty sharpish here due to little one thinking everything has to be chewed and eaten. Then we have the grumpy it's my precious from Bracken with some of the toys and it all goes hay wire. So games are definitely supervised here and nothing gets left lying around.

Stepmum doesn't know we're not dancing to her tune at the moment but she will. She left a message that I was to ring her back last night and I haven't. No news from sis yet. She's gone into work thinking that she would be taking time off when bil is at the end and had a lot of time off last year due to nephew. Hopefully he'll be back home soon and that's the last bum note 2011 is going to play for us.

:GroupHug: to all poorly people and relatives :flowers:If you want Marion, send the squeaky toy down here, Amber will kill it within 30 seconds :laugh:Eddie has now got the bug, he's feeling very sorry for himself. He keeps being sick and sleeping. He refused his breakfast this morning as well :( Fingers crossed though that the bug is done now, as they have all had it now :unsure:

Hope Eddie recovers quickly :GroupHug:

Think I would go insane if I didn't have somewhere to vent. Have just spoken to stepmum. She was wanting me to go to hosp tomorrow, Friday, Sat, Sun & Mon. I'm on call for work tomorrow and taking Fergus to the vets. Friday I'm at work, Saturday is New Year's Eve. I've told her I can't go that day because we're going round to neighbours for a bit and I won't leave my dogs after dark. Also my dad told me in no uncertain terms he didn't want me going to see him so much so he's getting his wish. she's now peeved and said it's tiring going every day. she hasn't been all over xmas! It's me who has been going so I told her straight yes I'm shattered because WE'VE been going every day and I need a break. She then tried to wheedle by saying her son can't take her as he has lots of parties and things to go to and can't take her. Bully for him. He has got on with his life and she has actually had a very nice xmas with family & friends while we've been running about. As it is I'll be going Sunday & Monday. She whined again that it's her grandson's birthday new years eve so she can't leave him. Well she's made her choice then. I offered to go get her any day when I'm off work and she hasn't asked me to. I'm not offering again. And I ain't going on the day to keep her conscience clean. I've also said to her that none of us can actually keep this up as this could go on for months.

I might be coming down to Manchester to throttle Steph for giving Archie the most annoying squeaky toy on the planet

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: if it makes you feel better the pig Alex bought Gyp is driving everyone crazy! She doesn't like the noise it makes and licks and cries while squeaking it and when we take it off her she whines for it back :laugh:

I hope your friends makes a speedy recovery :flowers:

:GroupHug: colliesrbest

:GroupHug: Michelle, your Stepmum sounds like a piece of work :(

:GroupHug: Eddie