UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

My Nephew is living here this week and I was rudely awoken my his tantrum over a creased school jumper

:rolleyes:

I don't mind our Sainsburys ones but then it is a Savacentre so the entrance is massive, so they are often out of the way and you have to go over to them to give a donation!

That's a better way of doing things, not so "in your face" :flowers:

I've just written a get well card out for a friend in hospital. Unfortunately there is a possibility that she won't

:GroupHug:

As we have no public transport here we have been investigating the subsidised taxi service available. We have booked a taxi for tomorrow morning to take us into town- 17 miles away- for shopping and bring us back - all for the sum of £2.20 each.

wow, not bad at all :ohmy:

The course today was very intense, lots to learn and take in. :wacko:

Unfortunately, the lady next to me had a heavy cold and was coughing all over me in the workgroups. She also had a B.O problem, and it was just not possible for me to hold my breath all day! :mad:

Off to the vet's with Jack later, he has a 6.45pm appointment. He is ok in himself, I think it's conjunctivitis again. He seems to be and has been rubbing his face on the rugs. :wub:

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW that is cheap Blackmagic :ohmy: here we have to buy a bus ticket... costs £3.60 (o.k you can use it all day but we have a differnt provider at night who doesn't accept the day tickets :rolleyes: ) you stand in the cold for ages and ages (quite often an hour) hoping for the bus..... when it arrives it is packed and then you have to try and get back again..... if i could pay £2.20 to get there and back i would be well chuffed!!! good job i don't go out very often (i go to the drs and hospital... and thats it!)

Merledogs enjoy your long weekend :flowers:

I hope captain jacks eyes are soon better (him and cherry are a couple of smashing dogs :wub: )

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all who require them

the cost is subsidised by the council because we live in a rural area with no public transport available.

We haven't used it before but not having a car and the cupboards getting bare , we enquired about it. We might make more use of it in future. We have to fit in with times it is available, but then bus services are the same. We have to be ready for 9 am and then arrange with the driver when we will come back.

It is basically for shopping and going to the doctors.

Oh Marge I would hate to be stuck next to someone with B.O sick02.png Some of the lads at work suffer from it but it's easier to tell them that they stink!

That is indeed a bargain Blackmagic thumbsup_still.png

The weather here is horrid, I was going to go watch a film but there's not much that's going to convince me to leave the house now! Boredom and bad TV for me this evening.

:GroupHug: to the many in need ... snow, Gemstone, Jacobean, Captain Jack, Yantan and anyone I haven't mentioned. Amy, that is awful the way you are being treated, and what an insult to create a new highly paid job when cutting everyone else's salary.

Extreme gales here today. The mini horses have been all snuggled in their shelter.

Another sighting of Diesel in Bolsover this teatime, close to where he was seen before. His family got there 10 mins later but he had vanished into the dusk.

Thanks for all your good thoughts for Jack. Seems it's not as straightforward as conjunctivitis. He has damaged his cornea, so we have lots of cream to put in till Monday, then take him back. He will have to wear a buster collar because he his rubbing along the carpet is making it worse too. :rolleyes:

Evening from blooming freezing, wet and windy Warrington. Shouldn't moan really as at least we haven't got snow.

Glad you managed to sort out a cheap taxi Black Magic. :flowers:

Hope Cap'n is feeling a lot better quickly Marge :GroupHug:

Yantan I'm so sorry and hope that your friend does pull through :GroupHug:

Hope you're better soon Murtle :GroupHug:

Hope the stall goes well Steph :flowers:

Dad's operation is now on Tuesday so I'm going to be a tad busy the next couple of weeks. I don't exactly live local to him and stepmum and they are not at all local to the hospital so it's going to be erm interesting.

Just seen the most shocking behaviour on the train home. The train was really packed and there was a pregnant lady stood by the doors. Just before the train doors closed, an old lady tried to force her way onto the train, grabbed the pregnant lady and tried to push her off the train so she could get on :angry: Anyway, everyone stood in the door area started shouting at the older lady and she started yelling abuse back, so everyone told her to get off. Then the doors closed. So then a bloke pulled the emergency stop cord, which cut the train's engine. Then we had to wait 5 minutes whilst the driver tried to get the engine started again. Then a bloke came and opened the door to ask why the cord had been pulled. We told the bloke what happened, the woman denied it, at which point everyone shouted she had grabbed the woman. Anyway, the police carted her off!

Morning :tired:

Michelle I hope your dad's op goes well flowers.gif

Thanks for all your good thoughts for Jack. Seems it's not as straightforward as conjunctivitis. He has damaged his cornea, so we have lots of cream to put in till Monday, then take him back. He will have to wear a buster collar because he his rubbing along the carpet is making it worse too. :rolleyes:

Ouch, that's very painful for poor Jack Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Gooster that's horrid ohmy.gif And why hadn't anybody given up their seat for the pregnant woman?

It's blowing a hoolie here with lots of hailstones, not nice. At least I have the day off happy.gif

Happy birthday Lewis flowers.gif

I've just baked some biscuits for the dogs, first time in ages. They've got smoked salmon and manuka honey with a bit of garlic. Made quite a lot so I have frozen half of the dough to make Christmas eve. The treats are cooling and the dogs are slavering cos they do like mummy's biscuits wub.gif If anybody wants the recipe I can post it here (the recipe is basic and you can add anything - in the past I've used mince, ham, cheese, peanut butter, etc).

I do wish it would stop bluddy hailstoning here. What with that and the rain the garden is drenched and I think one of my Rhodos has had enough as it's starting to wilt.

Edited by merledogs

Happy birthday Lewis flowers.gif

I've just baked some biscuits for the dogs, first time in ages. They've got smoked salmon and manuka honey with a bit of garlic. Made quite a lot so I have frozen half of the dough to make Christmas eve. The treats are cooling and the dogs are slavering cos they do like mummy's biscuits wub.gif If anybody wants the recipe I can post it here (the recipe is basic and you can add anything - in the past I've used mince, ham, cheese, peanut butter, etc).

I do wish it would stop bluddy hailstoning here. What with that and the rain the garden is drenched and I think one of my Rhodos has had enough as it's starting to wilt.

Recipe please, might encourage Mrs Baggins :biggrin:

:GroupHug: hope your Father's op goes well Michelle

Happy Birthday Lewis :flowers:

That's awful Jayne :(

Was watching Rupert Everett do an interview on BBC breakfast show and he was commenting on how he thinks the nation is being "stupidier", point and case right there :laugh:

My mugs better arrive today or I feel I may dissolve in my own tears :mecry:

Edited by kittycat

Gooster :ohmy: :ohmy: what disgusting behaviour! glad you all spoke up on behalf of the pregnant lady.

Awwwwww poor captain Jack..... hope he doesn't object to the lampshade too much :laugh:

Merledogs...another vote for biccie recipe please :flowers: i might need to experiment with different ingredients to suit my 2's dodgy bellies :rolleyes:

Jacobean good luck for your dads op :flowers: and i am glad he is getting it sooner rather than later!

i have to go out today.... i don't want to go out, i know i will be left hanging about waiting for the flippin bus :rolleyes: but i have to go to the post office and then get another couple of cards..... well at least it isn't raining yet :laugh:

Happy Birthday Lewis :biggrin:

Kittycat... fingers crossed your mugs arrive!!

Edited by griff