UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an ipad and really like it. When I was looking around at tablets though, there are loads of android ones for a lot less than the ipad. The only reason I went for the ipad is so I can still play my horse and also access the refuge from the IPB app (if anyone else uses this app - DON'T update it with the latest update. Did it on my phone this morning and now the app won'y start). I think that currys/PC world have a few offers on tablets at the moment though :)

RMF - it's flippin freezing here :bigtonstuck: I had loads of stuff to do today, but being without my car means am struggling to do it :angry:

o oooo

there is 'something' running round in the loft! :ohmy:

ive checked next door that they arnt having work done, nope

wonder what it is? more importantly, how the hell did it get in, and how do I get rid of it?

It's the season for it :laugh: I've got mice and Cheryl's got summat too lol. We're using those thingys that send out high frequency sounds that scare them away. Fingers crossed it seems to be working. Though we've also cut off their food supply. Little sods had chewed through the bottom of a large bag of JWB and had got through half of it before we realised. That bag's been binned and dogfood now being stored in meece-proof containers.

:GroupHug: and :flowers: to all as appropriate. Will go and read back and post properly now

DB looking at Tablets too. Son (nice computer geek) is Applephobic and wouldn't touch them with a bargepole apparently. Something to do with their marketing and pricing.

Recommends Motorola Xoom, Edition 2 now available. Its not cheap but it is a fair bit cheapr than the iPad and has extras and a bigger screen, Would be interested to hear what your decide on.

There are lots of other comparison sites as well.

Gooster, shame about the car. Hope you can find a reconditioned turbo.

Loobie, you are very kind. But if the truth be told, if I had a bit less get up and go my housework might get done and my knee would improve a lot quicker. It is bearable as long as I wear a support and it no longer keeps me awake at night, but it really needs more rest than it is getting. Anyway, tomorrow should be quieter.

Our bit of snow has gone but I can still see white fields in the Dales over to the west.

2 more mini horses arrived today to join the existing lodgers. :wub:

Glad the cat is improving, suzeanna.

Urgh atmosphere in work is horrendous. We're going through job evaluations. Everyone was supposed to get their letters on the same day but they have fecked up and some of us are still waiting. Only supposed to be 15% going down but pratically everyone we know seems to have gone down. The unknown is so stressful and I was so wound up I came home and burst into tears. My boss really isnt helping by winding everyone up. :mecry:

Can I apologise in advance to those who receive my secret santa parcels. When did I become just so crap at wrapping things up??? Think this must be my worst attempt ever. Plus my little sellotape dispenser disappeared during the wrapping up so someone may have an unexpected extra in their parcel :laugh:

Urgh atmosphere in work is horrendous. We're going through job evaluations. Everyone was supposed to get their letters on the same day but they have fecked up and some of us are still waiting. Only supposed to be 15% going down but pratically everyone we know seems to have gone down. The unknown is so stressful and I was so wound up I came home and burst into tears. My boss really isnt helping by winding everyone up. :mecry:

That's awful Amy :GroupHug: Don't you have any protection? Where I've worked previously (county councils and universities) whenever there was job evaluations if anyone was graded down their salary was protected at their current grade for a set period (3 years usually)

MB thanx so much I will have a look tomorrow when I can get on the pc.

Hope it is sorted soon Amy and you know where you stand.

Have come up to bed early as eldest son on pc practising for this theory test and typing on the phone is not as easy as it should be :unsure:

I think I underestimated just how tired I would be working at a till

Morning :tired:

Alex, I don't know how you put up with your dogs messing so much, you must have the patience of a saint. :rolleyes:

It's only usually when they have poorly tums, which seems to happen a lot over the past couple of weeks.

Amy - I hope things get sorted at work, it's awful not knowing Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : I went to Brizzle yesterday and ended up being out for 13 hours due to traffic. I was ready to scream by the time I got home, if I hadn't been so tired. Dogs had a couple of visits from the dogsitter but greeted me like I'd been away for a week wub.gif I took all four to bed because I felt guilty for being away so long, so haven't had the best night's sleep rolleyes.gif