UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Ceredigion you have no apologies to make here for what you do. You are not in the same league of some of big charities. I'd gladly put money in your bucket if I saw you collecting. In fact you can have my Christmas donation flowers.gif

Thank you Marion, very much appreciated.

A lot of us smaller charities are completely volunteer based. Thank goodness I work from home so broadband is part of the package!

I think our biggest success story this year is the American Bulldog who came in at the start of January as a status dog, spent rather a long time with us and is now a well loved member of a family including children and CATS!!!!

Edited by Ceredigion Animal Rescue

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 90% ready for my stall, just waiting on my mugs and have a few bits to get. Quite excited about it now :)

Good luck with the stall Steph - the mugs are brilliant and hope they and everything else sells

Feel like I've been through the wringer. Did my exam last night, got in a right state as was stressed to the hilt and now have no idea how I've done. Not helped by having to do it 9.30pm til midnight when I've had a tough day at work. I'll have to wait a month to find out the result this time. I'm giving myself the rest of December off from studying as something has to give. I really should be going to my Dads this weekend again to help them but feel worn out and need to start my xmas shopping. His operation has been postponed until January.

Scooby is being very cheeky with Fergus at the moment and bossing him about. The great big doufus thinks it's wonderful. He fawns over him. Would never think they used to hate each other.

Fingers crossed the exam went well. Hope you manage to get some time for you. You've done so much running about for poorly family members and their animals lately. Wish I was nearer and could help in some way

Thank you Marion, very much appreciated.

A lot of us smaller charities are completely volunteer based. Thank goodness I work from home so broadband is part of the package!

I think our biggest success story this year is the American Bulldog who came in at the start of January as a status dog, spent rather a long time with us and is now a well loved member of a family including children and CATS!!!!

I hope you didn't think I was complaining about you. I have nothing but support for the smaller charities who are run by volunteers and rely solely on donations and fundraising to survive, eg Oldies Club, my own particular charity.

And huge congrats for rehabilitating and finding a forever home for the lovely AmBull :wub: I just wish I could have one of the gorgeous older staffies on your site

Edited by eve

Hope your appeal is successful and/or the unions can fight against this. Funny how job gradings are fine until there is a so-called need to make cuts. Bet senior management aren't having their jobs evaluated. This is why I took early retirement - my job and grade was safe but those of the people I managed wasn't. Losing me at least gave them a stay of execution, though who knows for how long. I could take the hit more than they could, though their workload and responsibilities have increased for not much more money, at least they still have jobs at a reasonable salary. It always seems to be those who can least afford it and who are at the public face who are most affected :-(

Sadly Im too young to consider retirement. Im only 29.

Extreme kick in the teeth is the same week this is all happening theyve put a job ad out for deputy chief exec of £131,000!!! There has never been a deputy before so why when the council is supposed to be saving start now!

Thanks to everyone else as well for postive messages :GroupHug:

I am 90% ready for my stall, just waiting on my mugs and have a few bits to get. Quite excited about it now :)

Good luck with your stall Steph

Morning :tired:

Snow Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Julia - sorry you didn't get the job Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Eve - hope the urge has passed by now! flowers.gif

Michelle - I think you are right to give yourself the rest of the month off. Just enjoy Christmas and the result of the exam will be right (remember how much I used to stress and you all used to tell me I'd pass rolleyes.gif) flowers.gif

Steph - good luck with the stall flowers.gif

Ceridigion - I agree with others. I would rather help a small independent rescue than one of the big ones because having been involved in it I know how selflessly you work and how tight money is.

I don't mind the ones in Sainsburys but I also don't like the bag packers because then I feel obliged to donate something. What I don't like it having a tin shoved under your nose and rattled. Having said that, if it was an animal rescue I would donate anyway. Many years ago when I was on benefits and used my local RSPCA vet, they said that if I wanted to donate then I should give the money directly to them, as otherwise it would go in the main coffers and they wouldn't see it.

Edited by merledogs

A little Christmas message from my dogs: http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/wAYqzjbehdUrZnwG

Great video, I did that one at the weekend too :laugh:

:GroupHug: Snow

:GroupHug: Julia

sounds like you are well prepared Steph, god luck :flowers:

Well done Michelle, enjoy your break from studying. :flowers:

Amy, same thing happened at our place last year, no top jobs were affected and our Cheif exec still earns more than the prime minister! :mad:

We were all "benchmarked" against other comparable roles. Funny how none of us got put up. I hope the union fights it for you all, even if it delays it for a few months. :flowers:

I'm off to get some more benefits training in today. Have to call the vets first, Jack has conjunctivitis again. Bless him, I am typing one handed as he is having cuddles and tickles :laugh:

Good morning :wavey:

:GroupHug: for Jack, hope his conjunctivitis clears up quickly.

Michelle I'm sure you did better in the exam than you think, enjoy your study break and be sure to put your feet up this weekend :flowers:

My Nephew is living here this week and I was rudely awoken my his tantrum over a creased school jumper :confused: I wish my only concerns in life was the condition of my clothes, I don't even iron my work shirt, I shove a fleece over it to hide the creases :laugh:

Hellooooo

I must be the only one that doesn't mind all the annoying charities, it's taught me to say no in a firm but polite way.

I don't mind our Sainsburys ones but then it is a Savacentre so the entrance is massive, so they are often out of the way and you have to go over to them to give a donation!

Blackmagic, I hope you are recovering well from your accident and that they are able to sort you out with another car.

Sorry, brain still a bit mushy with cold so can't remember what I have / haven't read

Edited to add (as just kittycat) Steph your items look fabulous.

xxx

Edited by murtle

Morning all.

Tis a very wet and windy one here.

I've just written a get well card out for a friend in hospital. Unfortunately there is a possibility that she won't mecry.gif

Aw, Marian, hope you're wrong about that :GroupHug:

Tis nothing kind of weather here today, just a bit dull and dreary. I think that's the most depressing kind and I'm struggling to get motivated to do anything very much. Tif is quite happy for us to snuggle on the sofa together but the house is a tip and I "should" get on and do stuff. Maybe later........

We a re still carless. the assessor was coming today but has phoned to say he has had to turn back due to heavy snow north of Perth.

Ironically, our snow is slowly going today with some sunshine ad rain, although it is windy- gales forecast for later.

My son lives in Edinburgh and he has just told us the Forth, Tay and Erskine bridges are closed to all traffic due to gales- gusts of 84 mph. I only remember the Forth bridge being totally closed, due to weather, once before. It caused chaos as all the traffic travelled round the long way.

His school are sending pupils home at 12.30pm and staff at 3.30pm.

My other son is currently in New Zealand , just having spent a month volunteering in Fiji where it was exceedingly hot. Lucky him.

As we have no public transport here we have been investigating the subsidised taxi service available. We have booked a taxi for tomorrow morning to take us into town- 17 miles away- for shopping and bring us back - all for the sum of £2.20 each.

Jack has conjunctivitis again. Bless him, I am typing one handed as he is having cuddles and tickles :laugh:

Poor Bumpy Jack wub.gif

I've just written a get well card out for a friend in hospital. Unfortunately there is a possibility that she won't mecry.gif

Fingers crossed for your friend Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Tis nothing kind of weather here today, just a bit dull and dreary.

I'll swap you - horrendous winds and horizontal rain here, horrible angry.gif

As we have no public transport here we have been investigating the subsidised taxi service available. We have booked a taxi for tomorrow morning to take us into town- 17 miles away- for shopping and bring us back - all for the sum of £2.20 each.

Bargain! flowers.gif

I'm counting down the next hour or so until I can get out of here and go home via Sainsburys. Will probably do some work tomorrow but at least I'm at home so don't have to go out.

WOW that is cheap Blackmagic :ohmy: here we have to buy a bus ticket... costs £3.60 (o.k you can use it all day but we have a differnt provider at night who doesn't accept the day tickets :rolleyes: ) you stand in the cold for ages and ages (quite often an hour) hoping for the bus..... when it arrives it is packed and then you have to try and get back again..... if i could pay £2.20 to get there and back i would be well chuffed!!! good job i don't go out very often (i go to the drs and hospital... and thats it!)

Merledogs enjoy your long weekend :flowers:

I hope captain jacks eyes are soon better (him and cherry are a couple of smashing dogs :wub: )

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: for all who require them