UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Ding Dongs (Merilly On High)

merledogs

Jayne thats horrendous :ohmy:

I would be interested in the receipe Alex. I can never get my dog biccies to go crunchy. Im sure Im missing a vital ingredient :rolleyes:

Steph hope your mugs turn up in time :GroupHug:

Its our Christmas meal today. You've never seen a more bah humbug lot in your life :laugh: Im hoping Vienna will help put me in the Christmas mood :santa:

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope your mugs arrive Stephaknees flowers.gif

Dog treat recipe:

I use a jug to measure everything out as it's all in ml ...

basic recipe

750 ml flour (plain or self raising)

125 ml vegetable oil

1 egg

250 ml milk

250 ml of whatever you are adding (though this isn't rigid and you can vary the amounts)

optional

10 ml (two teaspoons) of garlic powder

Beat the egg and add the liquids together and mix, then chuck everything in a bowl, mix until it forms a dough. If it's too dry, add a bit more milk, if it's a bit too wet, add a bit more flour.

Roll it out to your preferred thickness. The thinner you roll it, the crunchier the biccies will be. I do mine about half a cm thick.

Cut into shapes of your choice - I either use a circular cutter and then a pizza cutter to quarter them as I do them quite small - or I just cut into squares with a pizza cutter.

Shove in the oven on 200 and bake for 20 mins (or longer if you are doing them thicker. They are baked when they are a nice brown colour.

Once they've cooled, serve to slavering dogs biggrin.gif

You end up with quite a lot of dough, so you can either bake two loads of biscuits and freeze some, or else freeze the dough for use another time.

Things I have added to mine ...

smoked salmon trimmings (squished in the blender first)

grated cheese

honey and/or sesame seeds (usually in with something else rather than on its own)

mince (cooked first)

peanut butter (couple of tablespoons) - I believe Julia quite enjoyed those ones laugh.gif

tin of ham (blender)

cooked prawns (blender)

cooked chicken (chopped very fine or blended into crumbs)

The list is endless depending on what your dog prefers flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

I do have another one which I've made up but which the dogs adore (and would be good for dogs which have an intolerance to flour, etc) ...

One bag or pack of value mince (any kind, can be turkey, beef, lamb, etc)

Teaspoon garlic powder

Oats (about a third by volume to the mince, so 1 part oats, to 2 parts mince, although this is optional)

1 egg

Chuck everything in a bowl and mix together with your hands, then just roll into balls or patties and place on a baking tray and bake until cooked through. The dogs just about take my hands off when I do those laugh.gif

You can roll this out onto the baking tray and cut with a pizza cutter - saves faffing about flowers.gif

Edited by merledogs

Captain Jack :ohmy: ouch. I hope your eye is feeling better soon. The puss cats send their love, as one of them got a grass seed in their eye once and it hurt them poorly bad, so empathise with having to have cream / drops in their eyes.

I have no concept of time, I always think things will take 5 minutes and it's a real battle to not be late or miss things. Ben has just cut is hand so took him to the doctors so the nice nurse lady could stitch it for him. The receptionist said I've booked you in for 11.40 (but the clock in the surgery has stopped at 4.00) so Ben walks off to go and sit down, and I asked him if it didn't mean for tomorrow as it's already 4pm. He gave me one of those very confused looks for some reason!

My mugs better arrive today or I feel I may dissolve in my own tears

Fingers crossed they arrive in time! :flowers:

good luck for your dad's op Michelle :flowers:

Happy birthday Lewis :flowers:

Great recipes Alex :biggrin:

Enjoy your lunch Amy, even if it is Bah Humbug :flowers:

Well, day one of operation Buster collar on Jack. Bless him, I'm just home for lunch and have managed to show him different ways to get on the sofa. He just stops still when he bangs into objects/furniture etc as he can't see there is a way round. He's very good with his eye cream and always has a treat straight after. :wub:

a881cde3.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub: Jack

hope bens hand is soon better :GroupHug:

Lil Angel..... enjoy your xmas do

Thanks Alex :flowers: i will try and experiment with some ingredients for my pair :biggrin:

town was mental :rolleyes: the queue was massive in the post office about 30 people waiting... then the flippin machine wouldn't recognise the fact that my recorded delivery letter had to be discounted as it had a pre paid envelope (i think the cashier could have happily killed me :laugh: ) the bus was only 20 minutes late going :rolleyes: and was empty coming home :ohmy: i do not want to go out again until at least new year!!

Aw Jack wub.gif He's a lovely chap.

Steph hope those mugs arrive today flowers.gif

Woke up to a white world this morning but it soon disappeared.

My car is in the garage as I can't get the bloody boot open and will need too when we go away at New Year. Fingers crossed that it doesn't cost too much.

Thanks for the recipe Alex thumbsup_still.png I might make some for Archie before too long.

Bluddy freezing here, but at least it's brightened up a bit and all the birds have come out to feed/play wub.gif I'm sure some of them are meant to have migrated by now, hope they do soon or else they'll freeze.

Have had a nice nap in between doing bits of hoovering, washing, etc.

It's bloody freezing here too Alex. I have the central heating on and a fleece jumper and still don't feel any too warm. I got chilled to the bone went I went to pick the car up - I don't know how the lads in the garage stand the cold in there.

The good news is that they were able to free the lock and the mechanism is still good - it had just seized. They cleaned out all the crap and lubricated it at a cost of £30 which I am pleased about as I was anticipating rather more than that!

The bad news is that it will more than likely seize again but Andy, the boss man, has it noted down to clean and lubricate it at every service - it should only take an extra 15 minutes so not add greatly to my service bills.

I've been giving Max and Timmy a small teaspoon of Manuka Honey every day. Thankfully they love the stuff so I can just feed them a blob each wub.gif They've both had a poo and they were nice and firm biggrin.gif Taffy, however, has a runny tummy rolleyes.gif I know why this is, because he keeps climbing up on the dining table to eat the cat's leftovers, which he sneaks in and snaffles before I've realised she's stopped eating dry.gif The shelf I used to feed her on has come off the wall (crap walls with very crumbly plaster and impenetrable brick) and I can't drill any deeper to put it back up, so I'm going to have to find somewhere else to feed her.