UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Don't feel bad about it. Think of it this way, Abbey will be happier in a new home where she can rule the roost. You're helping her on her way to a better life. And Maddie will be as pleased as punch she doesn't have to share her home with such a little ratbag :laugh:

:laugh: you're right! Last night i shut Abbey in the lounge so the others could pile up on the bed without Madam bossy knickers demanding they leave. The cats were much happier and everythings much quieter today, they all seem more relaxed :unsure:

Another breakthrough with Rosie the doorstep cat.. she accidentally got shut in the house for a bit and for the first time ever didnt panic or have a breakdown because the door was closed :biggrin: In fact once we realised she stayed by me and pottered around for over half an hour.Its taken 2yrs to get this far :rolleyes:

Why is it strays and sick cats find their way to me :rolleyes:

As both our bedbase and the spare room bed are both ancient (at least 25 years!!) we splashed out on a complete new bed for us, and a wooden bed frame for the other room..they came this morning, the men connected our kingsize and put the new mattress on, and gave me an allen key and instructions for putting the other one together! :wacko: I decided to give my OH a nice surprise and have it all done before he came home and.....I managed it!! a lot of puffing and panting, some minor swearing and a broken nail, but it's sorted. Dylan is very pleased with it :laugh: My son and grandson are coming either tomorrow or Thursday for a few days, so I hope my handiwork stands up to a lively toddler leaping around on it.

Nick & Vicky are back from their honeymoon and will be over shortly to collect Bruno and show me photos - cant wait to see them I have missed them. I'm also going to miss Bruno, he's been no trouble at all and he and Nog have definately found their levels, even playing together and sharing a bed :biggrin: now I am more keen than ever to go multidog household whereas hubby who has doted on Bruno the whole time he's been here and will miss him more than me has said he is more dead set against having 2 dogs than before :rolleyes: methinks this is because he realised it was much easier than he expected and thinks that if he doesn't put his foot down now I'd have a houseful :laugh: :laugh:

tia :GroupHug:

emily :GroupHug:

Collies r best..... i agree you need to do what is best for all of your animals and if it means rehoming the bossy begger than at least you have helped the cat and can give people a thorough assessment of her :flowers:

Snow..... if you have 2 dogs you end up as a spare part :laugh: you need at least 3 :laugh: :laugh:

i was just out talking to my nice neighbour when she asked the brat next door to move their bin off our drive so we can get in and out.... that child has no repsect :angry: he was dead rude to her :ohmy: my parents would have leathered me if i spoke to an adult like he had.

RMF i have just ordered a crash helmet...... i need to save £700 and then i will be able to do my bike test, problem is my dad is dead against it and i live with him :unsure: after all of my problems of late i have decided life is too short and i am going to seize every opportunity to try new things :biggrin:

edited to add well done suzeanna on building the bed... i hope it stands your grandsons testing!!

Edited by griff

Snow, I think that hubby should let you have another doglet, I love watching ours play together.

Hope you manage to talk your dad round Griff :flowers:

Have just spent the afternoon at Manchester airport viewing park, had a lovely day in the sunshine watching the planes land and take off. We saw the big double decker Emirites land and then take off. It's so big and graceful. We then went on a tour round Concorde, which was ace, got to sit in the seats and have a nosy around it. It has made me want to go abroad now :rolleyes:

cheers Gooster :flowers: it will take me at least a year to try and save £700 and i have decided i want to do it... so i will... he can just lump it :D i have a friend who runs a motorbike repair and sales place...many moons ago he offered me an apprenticeship, i have completed one on cars but bikes would be easier given my health issues, i just need to try and see him and smile sweetly and remind him of his offer :laugh: if i had to work on bikes i would need to have a bike license wouldn't i :wink:

ooooooo glad you had a nice afternoon watching the planes.

Well we are back from the vets, Tia is a little brighter but still not wanting dinner. She has had a jab for sickness and she will have an advocate treatment in case lungworm is an issue - she doesn't show all the more obvious signs. The vet and I are of the same mind to monitor for a while before looking at more tests. Her temp, heart and lungs seemed fine and she has no lumps showing where there shouldn't be, testing would be a lucky dip so ...wait and see and hope she is back to her normal bouncy self soon. :unsure:

I had an email this morning from Daisys biological 'father' that made me literally shake with rage :angry: Apart from a fiver here and there for her first few months on earth he hasn't provided a penny for her nor made any attempts to see her until late last year when I decided I was fed up with scrimping and saving to make end meet and that it was high time he dipped his hands in his pockets to make things easier. I had no idea where he lived or what his circumstances were but the CSA managed to trace him. The letter had barely touched his doormat before he was on the phone to me begging to come to some financial arrangement that didn't involve the CSA. Since then every month without fail he has coughed up. Daisy received a lavish Christmas present from him, he said he was going to make more of an effort to build a relationship with her........ and then nothing happened. Her birthday passed by unmarked by him in June. This morning I got this:

Cheryl,

Just to let you know as of next month I will have to reduce monthly payments to £xxx I have a baby due in 6 weeks time and as you can appreciate this brings new commitments.

Trust you understand.

Mark

No mention of her by name, no enquiry as to her wellbeing, nuffink :angry: She's a child, not a bloody sofa from DFS! She doesn't cost 50% less to maintain all of a sudden! I would've liked to have had more children but I couldn't afford to support them so did not. He already has a son, who incidentally he has every other weekend, and who is a stranger to Daisy. Am I supposed to tell her she's about to gain another half sibling??? He sure as hell will not.

This was my reply:

Your 'commitment' to your first born child never ceases to amaze me.

I'll think about it and get back to you.

He didn't like that. Within minutes he was on the phone! I heard tales of woe, yet he still didn't ask about Daisy.

What a pathetic, miserable, inconsiderate piece of excrement. I hope he turns green and all his skin falls off.

Positive thoughts for Baggins Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Bejo ohmy.gif What a waste of space. I'd be straight back onto the CSA mad.gif

Feckin Scottish Power, I am fuming mad.gif I've just entered my meter readings and it calculates your bill instantaneously. They owe me £94. Last time they ended up refunding me money and reduced my monthly DD slightly. When I clicked on the link for my direct debit forecast for the next 12 months, they have increased my payments from £57 to £69 ohmy.gif Cheeky feckin b@stards! I know their prices have just gone up, but even so I bet they will still owe me money after my next statement. The woman I spoke to has put the increase on hold and until after my next bill. If they still owe me money at that stage then I will be getting another refund, believe me.

Incidentally first time I rang up I pressed the option for customer services, and it said there was a wait of between 39 and 49 minutes to speak to an operator. When I rang back five minutes later (to book a callback) I pressed the option for direct debit payments and it was answered straight away. Quick to answer if they want your money, not so quick if you want to complain rolleyes.gif

Edited by merledogs