UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

It's been like a garden bird factory here this year. All of mine have had 2 broods and several have had 3. On a pond not far from here a pair of moorhens raised 3 broods and had them all swimming around together at one point. There were almost-adults, some half grown and a new brood of tiny balls of fluff.

Because of the drought I kept feeders going all through the summer so at least the adults could keep themselves refuelled while they dug for worms etc for the babies. It seems to have been worth it.

Lots of tadpoles and young frogs still around.

Wispa is much improved and may even be back to doing a bit of tracking tomorrow.

Edited by owl

Glad Emilys bits are as they should be flowers.gif

Have heard the Welsh Assembly have approved the puppy farm application for 200 brood bitches., Morons!! :mad:

In Australia there are still a lot of dogs sold in pet shops but there are some great campaigns including one called Oscars law

http://www.oscarslaw.org/

They also term them puppy factories not farms as one of the organisers ( who I met in the Melbourne Lush when they did an awareness day ) said the word farm still has positive images in some peoples minds so called them factories really helps the message across

I would like to see that used more here as well

Have heard the Welsh Assembly have approved the puppy farm application for 200 brood bitches., Morons!! :mad:

Money talks louder than anything :mecry:

But it isn't even a good idea commercially as the bottom was falling out of the breeding industry last year, and surely less people are buying dogs at present.