UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

Hope things go better than you are expecting Griff. :flowers:

I've had a blissful few hours...Rosie cav is at the groomers, so I haven't had a running commentary on everyone, dog, vehicle going by the house as she keeps watch from her vantage point on the living room window ledge! You wouldn't believe how quiet the house is, I'm sure Dylan is enjoying it too. :laugh:

We went away for Monday & Tuesday and I am so glad we picked those two days because the weather was lovely and since it's been utter pants. I am soooooooo cold today!

Yesterday morning was horrid because on day 18 out of 21 my clumsy broody Brahma hen stomped on a very precious egg, killing the nearly ready chick :mecry: I sobbed my heart out over that and rued the day I trusted her with it instead of baking it in the incubator :mecry: It was strange because I've never hatched any Fresian Fowl chickens and I only got that one egg because my friend who was sending me 6 Brahma eggs only had 5 so topped the box up with the FF. Sods law that the Brahmas were all infertile but the surprise FF was a good egg! Then the postie arrived with boxes of eggs I'd bought on Ebay for another broody. In those were a box of 12 from a breeder who sends out boxes of eggs depending on what breeds have laid that day, all are pure breeds so it's very exciting opening the box to see what I've got. In the box were two Fresian Fowl eggs :wub:

Phoebejo :GroupHug: :GroupHug: sorry to hear about your little chick

suzeanna glad you and dylan have enjoyed your peace :biggrin:

Mommy bear and Lil Angel...... still can't find the receipt :laugh: bet it got filed in the bin :rolleyes:

thanks for the good wishes... i am more confused than when all of this bl**dy began :rolleyes: i now have 4 different diagnosis and not a clue who to believe..... well i trust my gp the most out of all of them, todays bloke gave me a diagnosis and the symptoms don't match mine at all :unsure: arrrgggggghhhh

So please to hear you've got another chance with the FF's. I'm guessing Madam won't be getting another chance..

It's not her fault she's a clumsy moo, all Brahmas are and my lesson has been learnt, don't trust Brahmas with precious eggs! So this time I spent £4 on some Silkie eggs to put under Bridget Brahma and my good eggs are going to go in the incubator. I'll give her the chicks once they've hatched. Thankfully chickens cannot count :laugh:

So sorry Cheryl. I did see your status on facebook but didnt realise Princess Micheal of Kent was a chicken. :GroupHug:

I banged my head trying to lean out of the car to press buttons to get out of warehouse car park. Not fun being short sometimes. Keep moaning my head hurts at every opportunity now.

Cheryl :GroupHug:

Morning :tired:

It's Friday. I have an Investors in People interview at 10, now shall I be honest? :devil:

Can't wait for home time, feel like I really need the rest.

RMF : I think I may be a gardening addict. Whereas it used to be a chore, now I make myself a list of jobs to do in the garden every weekend and I'm actively seeking out jobs to do. Every morning I walk round the garden checking all the plants (which I call my babies) and again in the evening and I lovingly tend them and have spent literally hours and hours and hours researching which ones to buy and how to care for them. I've even bought some which can't be overwintered outside this far north so they will have to go in the greenhouse. I love seeing how they are all growing and starting to flower. It's pure nourishment for the soul. Now I just need a bigger garden so I can buy lots more plants :laugh:

:GroupHug: Griff

:GroupHug: poor little chick

Now Izzie [black and white collie] has been called a 'wolf dog' before by a kid but todays beats that easily. I was weeding in the field and Izzie was playing ball when i heard a kid say 'Look mummy the ladys got a new horse.' 'Where' asked the obviously puzzled mum 'There, its black and white' was the reply......... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alex, have you only just realised................. :laugh:

Edited by collies r best