UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Augmented Inanities

merledogs

It's printed and in my work bag - need to scan it over to She Who Thinks She Must Be Obeyed in the morning. Ironically, or not, the minute it was printed, my two day headache went! Not sure whether it was the relief of it no longer hanging over me, or the fact that I had succumbed and actually taken TWO paracetemol rather than one a short while ago.

Glad your headache is gone flowers.gif

A while ago I offered to take Wispa to track a dog which had gone awol from home not too far away. The people accepted, but when I said I would need to track from the point they last saw him they refused. They said they could not tell me where they lived, not even the road or area, as they had young children. I explained that I am a member of the Doglost team and if they rang the site number they could get confirmation of who I am and that the site owner has known me for years. Fortunately the dog was picked up, strangely with a different collar on. Yet other owners of missing dogs have invited us in for tea and been quite happy for me to talk with their children.

That sounds very odd huh.gif

Morning all, I have a day off today - which is good :biggrin: , but I have to do housework - which is baaaad :glare: .

Ah well, perhaps one day I will learn to keep the house reasonably sorted at all times which will, in turn, mean I don't have to have a mammoth tidy when visitors are coming to stay :rolleyes: :laugh:

I'm so glad someone else started the August thread so I didn't have to think up something profound for the title. :laugh:

Owl, it appears you and I belong to the same group of extremely suspect persons - perhaps we really should drop our habit of walking around with an axe in one hand and a machete in the other - that'll just leave us with the chloroform in our back pocket. To be honest, the thought of someone giving up days of their time to help find dogs and using that as an excuse to get to their children is quite bizarre.

I have pinged the letter - when my work PC decided that it was going to work!

I have no headache, just feel shattered. And have an extremely long "to do list" - that that's before I look at my work "to do list". :laugh: Now need to add "Christmas" to my list - thanks Alex.

San, you and I definitely belong to the same school of housekeeping - although there is always cake here. :rolleyes:

Owl, those parents sound utterly scary. No wonder children are growing up to be so peculiar and untrusting of people.

Where is this year going, it's too scary now :mecry:

Mrs B - your letter was very good and I'm glad your headache has gone now :flowers:

I did my accounts yesterday, nearly ready to go so I'm quite happy with myself. Now to finish it off and get it all to the account and she'll wonder who has kidnapped and replaced me!

Off to find my To Do List for today!

Mxxx

I hardly slept last night either...it was too hot, plus the arthritis in my left index finger has decided to spread to my thumb and middle finger too, and I couldn't find anywhere to put my hand that didn't hurt. :wacko:

What is the matter with people today? the figures show that children are far more likely to be harmed by a member of their immediate family than by a stranger, but some parents seem to view everyone, regardless of age or sex, as a potential paedophile, it's insane!

Rosie cav is in disgrace, I was giving them their biscuits this morning and she snapped for hers and caught my already very painful finger...I'm afraid I shouted at her, very loudly. I may have used naughty words :blush02:

morning august xx

its my birthday the 23rd :biggrin:

I had a lie in. so did lewis, so the dogs shredded an old diary and a napkin, so all colours over the floor, with some wood from the garden. thats tidied up.and the wee and poo. im not impressed.

have a nice day xx

Evening

Kept waking up cos it was too hot last night. It's been trying to rain all day but hasn't quite managed to come out with much.

Not a bad day at work. Had wind that one of the ladies wasn't happy on Friday and is that fed up she's thinking leaving so had a chat today in an attempt to help her. Gave her something new to do which apparently she had wanted. Made a point of saying if she's ever not happy or is fed up doing what she's doing to shout up and I'll sort it out for her. All she kept saying was no I'm fine so not much else I can do. I've told everyone there already that although I'm their manager part of that role means looking after people and making sure they're ok so they can always come to me and I can help them out.

You're an angel Michelle flowers.gif

I've just had help identifying a seedling which had self seeded itself. It's a wild cherry tree, must have come from my neighbour's tree which he planted a couple of years ago. I'm a bit concerned now because it overhangs my fence and it's only about 5m from the house. Apparently they grow to about 60ft tall ohmy.gif Don't know if he knows that but will be pointing it out to him next time I see him. Apart from the fact that the roots could cause all sorts of problems, it will block out my light and put most of my garden in the shade mad.gif I've already got roots from his sycamore at the front coming up through the border just in front of the house, but to be fair he has been trying to have that chopped down but it has a TPO on it.

Alex, whats happened at work? :GroupHug: Hope you can get the tree issue sorted sooner rather than later.

Michelle you sound like everyones dream boss. :flowers: Can me and Alex come and work for you please? :biggrin:

Alicia, hope the lumps are nothing to worry about. :GroupHug:

Mrs B glad you have gotten over your headache and I hope the 'apology' saga is over and done with too! :flowers:

Who have I forgotten? Brain like a sieve at the moment. Not enough room in it and stuff keeps spilling out. :laugh:

Our company is on two weeks factory shutdown but I am working both weeks. Its so nice not to have to listen to certain twonks all day! AND we have had the air-con on today and I had to put my jacket back on as I got chilly. :biggrin:

Edited by safneo

freddie has lost a lot more sight. he falls over and panics on walks. when hes home he lies on his own a lot now. I still hope the lump isnt anything

id like to publically say ....

and im in shock .....

trudy has played with a toy

and with ruby and mouse :ohmy: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

yeaaaaa

Good

When did Scooby side with Fergus & Bracken exactly? We were trying to be a bit devious with Fergus in an effort to remove a claw that needs doing as he just won't let us. I had him distracted and it was looking good until Scoobs started barking at the clippers using his warning bark. Fergus immediately knew what was going on and that was the end of that. :laugh: