UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

When we kept finding wasps on my mother's windowsill we discovered there was a nest under the eaves.

We got a pest controller in and he found an old nest on the attic that was the length of the attic. Fortunately it was empty. They had obviously moved to better accommodation.

He used a powder that kills them but the wasps also take back into the nest on their bodies and so it effect all the wasps.

You can buy stuff to deal with wasp nests , but It is safer to get a pest controller to destroy the nest as half dead wasps crawling about are dangerous.

Some councils will remove wasp nests for free or a small charge.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we got our letter this morning :biggrin: does that mean if you have a cracked drain on your property they will now fix it??...cause i suspect we have one.

Have a look here, which explains it diagramatically flowers.gif

hmmmmm could well be a wasps nest in your loft, if you do have one and feel brave enough, squirt ant powder into the netrance but it has to be done either early morning or late night and be careful not to get stung :flowers:

my brother came up last night..... and i didn't kill him :laugh:

I don't mind them being there if they are doing no harm so will leave them alone as long as they keep themselves to themselves. I even helped one out of the window this morning (with the aid of a plastic bag of course).

Well done on not killing your brother laugh.gif

Oh lord..the fruitloops over the road are about to put up a fence...6ft at least...in their front garden. I thought you couldn't have a fence that high next to a pavement? To be accurate, he's doing the digging and posts etc, she's leaning against the front door smoking! Remind me not to wait their side of the bus stop in future, a light breeze and the damn thing will probably collapse!

Suzannea - is it between their house and the one next door, or at the front next to the pavement? If it's the one on the front pavement then I think it's a maximum of 1m in height unless they have planning permission (but higher if it's a hedge) flowers.gif

RMF : I think I may be addicted to Hawkland Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

NuvverRMF : It has been threatening to rain for several hours. I wish it would hurry up, cos it will save me having to water the plants again (I'm on a water meter so hate to see what the amount of water I'm using on containerised plants is costing me).

Edited by merledogs

good evening :flowers: Thought I would pop in and say hi. Been to the lotty tonight and were the last ones out, at least that's some weeding out of the way for the weekend, especially as the forecast is so poor.

This is my first ever sunflower, which looked fab this week, with the morning sun on it.

8597704b.jpg

Morning :tired:

Luffly sunflower Marge flowers.gif

It's rained but not hard enough so I've had to water stuff.

RMF : I am going to have a lazy weekend biggrin.gif

:dry: Hmmph, it's peeing down here and we have an agility demo at the Ferring Country Centre Open Day this afternoon - I just hope it clears a bit by then.

morning all

the mouse is insisting on lying on my knee, which is a balancing act, the size of her now lol

I got up at 9, so they havent been fed yet, im ignoring the nasty stares :laugh: they are all so weak from starvation, they are all lay down

aawwww :laugh: :laugh:

my son is coming round at some point this weekend. do you think he will say 'mummy! im taking you to see harry potter!' or shall I just go on my own at some point, hmmmmm

Tell him he's taking you Jazz flowers.gif

Had a shortened walk cos it's absolutely pizzing down still. Max was trotting quickly back to the car (usually he dawdles) cos he doesn't like heavy rain. My living room now smells of soggy dog, yum.

Not a lot I can do outside today so am gonna chill and read my book.

Max is licking Timmy dry wub.gif

Edited by merledogs

Lovely sunflower pic :biggrin:

Alex, do you know how to have a lazy weekend :unsure: you're always on the go :laugh:

Heard on our local news that a man had been found dead in his car on thursday, looks like it was a heart attack. Only found out last night its a friend of mine :mecry: He was in his early seventies but you'd never have given him that, a really lovely guy. He has a smallholding with cows, pigs, horses, chickens etc so i'll pop up later and see if anyone needs a hand with the animals until things are sorted.