UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard on our local news that a man had been found dead in his car on thursday, looks like it was a heart attack. Only found out last night its a friend of mine :mecry: He was in his early seventies but you'd never have given him that, a really lovely guy. He has a smallholding with cows, pigs, horses, chickens etc so i'll pop up later and see if anyone needs a hand with the animals until things are sorted.

so sorry to hear this :GroupHug:

its raining here so have to brave the weather if i want a bacon sandwich for my lunch

Cliffy and Popstar are both asleep in the kitchen

some slight good news (if its true), the horrible girl next door is supposed to be packing up and leaving shortly which is great as we all hate her and the noise she makes at 3 am during the week when she comes home drunk with a load of lads and put her music on, never mind I have called the police numerous times when it all kicks off

anyway hello from me not been around for a while :wavey:

my son is coming round at some point this weekend. do you think he will say 'mummy! im taking you to see harry potter!' or shall I just go on my own at some point, hmmmmm

i hope you get to see it. :flowers:

Not a lot I can do outside today so am gonna chill and read my book.

Max is licking Timmy dry wub.gif

hope you have chilled after all your hard graft this week. :flowers:

:wub: Max and Timmy.

Heard on our local news that a man had been found dead in his car on thursday, looks like it was a heart attack. Only found out last night its a friend of mine He was in his early seventies but you'd never have given him that, a really lovely guy. He has a smallholding with cows, pigs, horses, chickens etc so i'll pop up later and see if anyone needs a hand with the animals until things are sorted.

How sad :(

anyway hello from me not been around for a while :wavey:

hello Nige. :wavey: glad Cliffy and Popstar are doing well. :wub:

Bit tired now as we've done mega cleaning in the house this afternoon. The funniest thing was when we were trying to move the settee back and I couldn't lift my end. That was soon sorted by telling Cherry to get off, 25 kilos lighter, I could carry on! :laughingsmiley:

I'm going to make that potato curry tonight (On Karen's recipe thread). Got seemingly tons of tatties to use up, so need lots of different ideas. :rolleyes:

Edited by houndzrus

Urgh so much for much look forward to lie in. My friend accidently rang me at 8am I could hear muffling sounds so she didnt have her keylock on. Then the postman turned up with parcel that needed to be signed for :rolleyes: Parcel does contain some fab handmade treat pouches we've ordered to sell for Oldies Club. :biggrin:

8am is a lie in Amy! laugh.gif

... when we were trying to move the settee back and I couldn't lift my end.

Your end isn't that heavy tongue.giflaugh.gif

I'm having curry as well, but have just ordered it online rather than making it. Haven't had one for months and months, so looking forward to it.

Wine o'clock did somebody say?

Edited by merledogs

I'm annoyed with myself because I have broken the screen on my camera. I've dropped it umpteen times so really not surprised. It still works and takes picture perfectly, but because it doesn't have a viewfinder I can't see what I'm photographing, so I just have to wave the camera in the general direction and hope for the best rolleyes.gif Wondering if I can claim on my home insurance? unsure.gif

ooo found a braised steak and mash meal in the freezer :biggrin:

Enjoy :flowers:

quote name='merledogs'

Your end isn't that heavy tongue.giflaugh.gif

I'm having curry as well, but have just ordered it online rather than making it. Haven't had one for months and months, so looking forward to it.

Wine o'clock did somebody say?

:laugh: :laugh: @ my big end!

Hope you can claim for your camera.

Enjoy your curry, I will join you in a wine too :beerchug:

Edited by houndzrus

On our walk last night, Misty was really scared and ran away :ohmy: I had to run after her! She was scared of a kite flying in the sky :rolleyes:

My speshul boy is afraid of kites too. :rolleyes:

:laugh: @ Rosie cav.

Jules :GroupHug:

Alex, why don't you get a water butt for plant watering purposes? Lots of councils sell them at reduced prices. Or just use any large container. Glad to hear you are having a chill day and spoiling yourself with curry and wine. :flowers: Give the insurance a try with your camera. The worst they can say is no.

Alicia, tell your son he is taking you to the cinema to see HP. :biggrin:

I had to report one of my neighbours yesterday to RSPCA. Not heard from them yet so not sure if anything has been done but pup which has been doing lots of whining outside in the garden for the last few days (and nights) seems to have gone quiet.... Not sure if it has just given up whining or been taken in. Poor thing had no shelter I could see in the garden and the only water bowl I could see was upturned. Not to mention the poor baby being so lonely. I hope they have been and had A word but not looking forward to seeing them as sure they will know its me that reported them, being the only dog mad person around here amongst the usual staffie x (I own a pitbull) brigade!

Wish I hadn' tbothred to get up today!!

Looking forward to a nice productive time after heaving one overnight stay out, getting ready for kids and grandchildren coming Monday, and DB being away for the day from under my feet!!

Have wasted hours trying to finish a blind made with completely unsuitable material (same as the curtains) cos the pucking thing keeps fuckering. Then I tripped over the flex to the sewing machine - landed on the floor closely followed by the sewing machine (my noooo sewing machine :mecry:). Luckily the sewing machine missed me by some miracle and seems to be unharmed but one of my toes is giving me gyp and is a very lovely purple colour.

THEN, I sprayed window cleaning fluid over a pillowcase I was ironing, instead of water!!

Then took dogs out for a run across the newly mown field next to the house - Mungo ran of in one direction 'cos his nose promised him rabbits while Donald (dacshound of the son who was the overnight stay) decided that 'cos there was no grass it was much to big and scary and went off in the other direction to go home. Because of my sore toe :wacko: I was hobbling around but being ignored by both of them.

I've just had an hour with my book, fed the little boogers and am now going to tackle the rest of my ironing whilst glaring at the heap of blind on the kitchen table!!

Wooooe is meeeeeee :crying_anim: Actually, son left rather nice bottle of red - how much damage could I do with that inside me :rolleyes:

Got seemingly tons of tatties to use up, so need lots of different ideas. :rolleyes:

A school dinner recipe from the dim and distant past:

boil some spuds until just soft. Cut into rough pieces - about walnut size. Fry an onion until just soft. Grate some cheese - something with a bit of taste like strongish cheddar is good ("some" is an interesting measurement - meaning not to much and not too little :rolleyes:)

Grease a deepish oven proof dish layer the potatoes, onion and grated cheese into it finishing with a layer of potato. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Beat an egg and pour it over the layers. Bake in a medium to hot oven until lighly browned. Goes well with tinned tomatoes for some strange reason or beans or anything you fancy really.

Hope that uses up some spuds. :flowers:

Edited by Spins4me

Alex, why don't you get a water butt for plant watering purposes?

I've got one, which I do use, but I'm just too lazy to keep traipsing back and fore constantly rolleyes.gif

... the pucking thing keeps fuckering

ohmy.gif laugh.gif Sorry you're having a carp day, get a plastic glass, take said bottle into living room with you and don't move off the sofa until a responsible adult gets home Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

My curry was luffly. Ordered double so I can have another one tomorrow as well biggrin.gif