UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

It says they are supplied as 5 ft plants, so their root system will probably be pretty big. You might need a proper tree pot to put them in. You could always email them to find out the approximate diameter of the root system and then buy a pot with plenty of room for them to grow, because you will not be wanting to repot them (or move them) if you can help it cos they will be heavy! This site does tree pots, some of which are gigantic!

RMF : I've done Costco and Asda and watered the plants, so am going to chill with a nice shandy and some Costco chicken wings

thankyou :flowers: bit too big for out the front then.... shame they looked ever so pretty.

my head is being done in..... i heard a song on itv4 the other day and it was advertising up and coming programmes i think and sounded 80's/90's....my dad reckoned he knew what it was but true to form can't remember now.... it is driving me nuts :angry:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Bejo - those damn fairies again rolleyes.gif

thankyou :flowers: bit too big for out the front then.... shame they looked ever so pretty.

Have a look at these links :

http://www.helpfulga...opic.php?t=5267

http://gardens.inton...ordpress/?p=887

The root ball doesn't look too huge on the last one, but she does say she didn't get all of it. Is there no way you can plant it out rather than keep in a container cos once you've put it in a container you're not going to be able to move it without some very strong blokes!

I have a nedache.

Jobs for today :

- hopefully new vacuum will arrive today so do the hoovering

- providing the polystyrene offcuts I ordered arrive today, I have one huge container to fill, two medium sizes ones and five small ones with various sized plants

- top dress the plants in the borders with farm manure

- IF the clear plastic sheeting I ordered arrives today, I will attach that to the netting which is fencing off the plants.

If none of the above arrives, I'll be reading my new book laugh.gif

Which reminds me - I dug in lots of farm manure yesterday when I transplanted an escallonia in the border. My neighbour could obviously smell it cos he made a jokey comment on it. I actually like the smell, it reminds me of the countryside. However, it took me about four handwashes before I got the smell out, it was rather pungent laugh.gif

If anyone could spare some thoughts to help my friend Martin who is in the hospital on life support due to complications of gallstones of all things :mecry:

Sending lots of positive thoughts Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I've got rid of a load of carp from the garden - I sawed an old wooden shed roof in half to fit it into the car, plus some rotting pine garden furniture, plus an old wooden planter and a bin full of green waste which I have taken to the tip. Drive looks much bigger now - room for more plants laugh.gif

Phew it's hot out there :cool:

I did the Reiki course a few years ago, but haven't really used it much..still have all the books, I'll give it a go! Can you pm me with a few more details?

I think I would have preferred the smell of manure to whatever my neighbour was burning late afternoon..from 6.30 till gone 10! I shut all the windows but the house still smelled of smoke. What got me was the oil drum she was using was close to her house, and she was trekking up from the end of the garden to put stuff in. Why didn't she move the blasted drum down???

good wishes being sent for Martin... i hope he makes a good recovery :flowers:

Merledogs, i can't plant a tree out the front permanantly as i worry about roots and i thought if i put it in a pot it would only grow to a certain size... just wanted to stop the neighbours looking in at my house a tiny bit.

Jazz.... the mystery of the song has been solved!! "hit me with your best shot".... i nagged and nagged my dad until he remembered :laugh:

Pheobejo...frozen salad is minging.... i made that mistake once :laugh:

been vets this A.m.... diezs stitches look puckered, i have to take her back to get them removed early, should have been monday but my vet is off so we will go back tuesday, they said if they get any worse go back earlier.... they don't have weekend cover and i am not paying £150 to the emergency vet to have stitches out :rolleyes:

been vets this A.m.... diezs stitches look puckered, i have to take her back to get them removed early, should have been monday but my vet is off so we will go back tuesday, they said if they get any worse go back earlier.... they don't have weekend cover and i am not paying £150 to the emergency vet to have stitches out :rolleyes:

On the frequent occasions our late dobe Saphyre had stitches (never met a more accident prone dog!) she always removed them herself when they got to the stage they must have started pulling or itching or something :rolleyes: The first time we took her to the vet anyway, and they looked and said she'd made a good job of it, no problems...so we let her get on with it next time. I know I was a bit startled when, after my daughter's pony having an argument with some barbed wire and slashing her chest, the vet cheerfully told ME to take the stitches out in ten days time! Luckily she was obliging and stood still whilst I juggled with tweezers and scissors, if it had been her previous pony, I'd probably have been booted across the field ... always supposing I could have caught him the first place! Hope Diez is fine :flowers:

got the liver consultant at 3.30 to see what stage my liver chrrhosis is at, need your thoughts please xxx

on facebook there is a group for the disease.very interesting. the gunk in my eyes and my crowns and teeth breaking, are part of the disease, so I can tell the consultant ive got that later

Good luck Jazz

flowers.gif

Merledogs, i can't plant a tree out the front permanantly as i worry about roots and i thought if i put it in a pot it would only grow to a certain size... just wanted to stop the neighbours looking in at my house a tiny bit.

It will only grow to a certain size if you put it in a pot, but it's best to buy a young plant not a mature one as that will already have a large root ball flowers.gif

I have taken stitches out of myself and pets many times - not rocket science just needs a steady hand flowers.gif

Max, the little sh*te, got behind the netting and trampled all over my new escallonia, so I've got to prune several branches off dry.gif

Griff - apologies, I didn't mean to put you off putting your tree in a tub. Have you already ordered the tree? If so then you could wait until it arrives and see how big it is before buying a tub (you might not need one as big as you think because if it's mature already, you probably won't need a pot much bigger than the rootball). Or you could email the seller and explain you want to put it in a pot and what size diameter would they recommend. I hope you can put it where you want it flowers.gif

If anybody finds the few hours I lost this afternoon, could they send them back to me please? I went outside at 1 o'clock to do some potting up, then did some pootling and shifting about of plants and next thing I know it's 4.30 and the dogs are following me round glaring at me cos I'm late with their tea laugh.gif Sorry Michelle - no sun cream but I haven't burnt.