UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jumbling

Mrs B

STILL pizzing down here rolleyes.gif I think one of my plants, a Daphne Odora, which is a bit of a fussy thing, is not liking too much sun (so I've moved her once) and now she's not liking too much rain, so am going to try putting a plastic bag over her to try and dry her compost out a bit. Fussy cow, can't think who she reminds me of rolleyes.gif

RMF : My guttering needs replacing, badly! When it was raining hard yesterday the joints were leaking and water was going everywhere. I have the materials from when I was going to have a go myself a couple of years ago but couldn't stomach going up the ladder, so am getting some quotes off myhammer.co.uk - so far I've been quoted £100 inc VAT which I didn't think was bad at all.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've just been looking at a new car...... we pick it up wednesday.... a sports car

ooh, exciting! :biggrin:

I quite like leftover pizza for breakfast. Just like cheese on toast really :huh:

Sounds a good enough price to me too Alex. :biggrin:

I have pottered around the garden, sorting out the plants in the tomato houses etc. I've puled up some outdoor salad leaves past their best and planted more salad seeds. They've had their weekly feed too. :biggrin:

Prepared lots of veggies for dinner later and some to make a casserole tomorrow.

Just having a break before tackling the ironing. not been a bad day here, a few spots of rain, but nothing like the heavey downpours we had yesterday. :cool:

:(

I hope the poor dog is safe now. :wub:

I have not heard it yesterday or today. Had a call I think from RSPCA but as I had asked to be anonymous they wouldnt even tell hubby who answered the phone who they were. :laugh: Sure they will ring again with an update.

Curry for brekkie is yummy but has to be hot not cold! And leftover pizza is always yummy whatever time of day, hot or cold. :biggrin:

I went and found a new car yesterday. They are taking my old astra in part exchange. :biggrin: Just have to wait for them to do a couple of jobs on it before I can go and pay for it and collect it. Then the 'new' one that I don't trust anymore (despite it not having a problem for over a week now :rolleyes:) is going up for sale. I just want a reliable car to tow our caravan so we can get away at weekends/holidays with the dogs.

Think I am going to have to go to docs this week about my foot. Pulled my achilles heel about month ago and its still not heeled and hurts like f*ck when I put my foot in the wrong position! I can only wear crocs and one pair of shoes (work shoes) which means I am struggling with taking the dogs anywhere interesting in this crappy weather. Crocs are not good in the wet and I can't afford to slip on it. Just have to try and get an appointment outside work hours now! :rolleyes:

Hope you can get a quick appointment Andrea :GroupHug: Good to hear you're getting the cars sorted.

You're obviously enjoying better weather than us Marje as it's lashed down here all day. Muchos wetness all round.

Great stuff Griff. What kind of car?

Have been studying since 12 so think that's enough for one day. Now onto the cleaning. Well some of it as I didn't realise that was the time :ohmy:

the plumbers been to take the sink out

ive moved everything round so the man can do the worktops, then realised id put everything in front of it! so have moved it all again!

got to empty the study next week!

ill be glad when its all over

Andrea - hope you get your achilles fixed soon and that your noo car works as it should Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Have been studying since 12 so think that's enough for one day.

Don't, I'm having flashbacks mecry.gifrolleyes.gif I will find out on 3rd August (or maybe 2nd August if CIPS are true to form and publish the results the night before) whether I have any more studying to do. crying_anim.gif

Great stuff Griff. What kind of car?

it is a BMW Z4, 3.0 litre i se....very pretty in silver with a black hood and gorgeous red leather interior, i haven't had a go in it yet.... i was just dragged along to check it mechanically :laugh: i am praying for sunny weather now :laugh:

safneo...... your foot sounds very sore, hope you can get a appointment quickly :flowers:

Merledogs that sounds a fair price to me too :biggrin: i don't blame you for not wanting to go up the ladder!

Houndzrus you sound like you have had a very busy day...... my tomatoes haven't produced anything yet, i am getting very impatient now, mind you i don't like tomatoes anyway :laugh:

:(

I have not heard it yesterday or today. Had a call I think from RSPCA but as I had asked to be anonymous they wouldnt even tell hubby who answered the phone who they were. Sure they will ring again with an update.

I went and found a new car yesterday. They are taking my old astra in part exchange. Just have to wait for them to do a couple of jobs on it before I can go and pay for it and collect it. Then the 'new' one that I don't trust anymore (despite it not having a problem for over a week now :rolleyes:) is going up for sale. I just want a reliable car to tow our caravan so we can get away at weekends/holidays with the dogs.

Think I am going to have to go to docs this week about my foot. Pulled my achilles heel about month ago and its still not heeled and hurts like f*ck when I put my foot in the wrong position! I can only wear crocs and one pair of shoes (work shoes) which means I am struggling with taking the dogs anywhere interesting in this crappy weather. Crocs are not good in the wet and I can't afford to slip on it. Just have to try and get an appointment outside work hours now!

Fingers crossed for the pup :wub:

and the car :flowers:

Good luck at the docs :flowers:

Have been studying since 12 so think that's enough for one day. Now onto the cleaning. Well some of it as I didn't realise that was the time

Time just flies when you're having fun

got to empty the study next week!

ill be glad when its all over

At least you can have a good clearout.

I will find out on 3rd August (or maybe 2nd August if CIPS are true to form and publish the results the night before) whether I have any more studying to do.

Fingers crossed for you too :flowers:

it is a BMW Z4, 3.0 litre i se....very pretty in silver with a black hood and gorgeous red leather interior, i haven't had a go in it yet.... i was just dragged along to check it mechanically i am praying for sunny weather now

Houndzrus you sound like you have had a very busy day...... my tomatoes haven't produced anything yet, i am getting very impatient now, mind you i don't like tomatoes anyway

Car sounds great!

I have no tomatoes either, bit too early. I like to grow things I want to eat, so are your family going to eat your tomatoes? :unsure:

Done enough ironing now. dinner is nearly cooked and wine is being supped. Can't believe the time myself either Michelle! I haven't left the house today :unsure:

Sandra, how is the dwarf hammy?

TBH I don't think he's too good. It looks like his pouch has filled again and he's not looking too happy, will need to get him back to the vet :sad02:

We were at an agility comp today, it rained on and off all day but we got three clear rounds :elefant: he popped off the dogwalk in agility (if he hadn't he might have even got a place) - I luffs my boy :wub:

I appear to have spent more of the weekend wet than dry.

Was at an event on Saturday, and I had all the leftovers to bring home - including one wet gazebo which I have nowhere to dry to is currently in a soggy heap upstairs.

I need some dry weather! Preferably evening as I suspect Mr B won't actually think to put it out during the day unless I ring him!

aaaaawwwwww :GroupHug: little hamster :GroupHug:

Houndzrus....errrrmmmmm well my mum and dad eat tomatoes but not many so i will probably end up giving them to my neighbour :laugh: i was given the plants and decided to have a bash at growing something.

Mrs B i hope you get some dry weather to dry your gazebo :flowers: it has chucked it down today again :rolleyes: i want dry weather for wednesday for picking the car up so when i go out in it i can have the top down :laugh:

Merledogs.... sorry you are back under pressure :GroupHug: must be very difficult to work when you are not getting proper sleep.