UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Christmas/December Rmf

merledogs

Just had a minor panic - Dad said he would take Pol for a slow amble whilst I took Ed on a big one! Dad went out before me and Ed and we came back 2 hours later and they had not returned ohmy.gif Was just about to go out looking when I had an idea and was right .... Pol had walked Dad round to my best mates pub and there they both were, Pol having cuddles off the customers and my Dad having a couple "on the house"! Must say, Ed was not impressed with being first back biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll all come round, as fugees are impervious to people like that, and

you can send in us Aquarians first, apparently we're all b*astrds :ohmy:

RMF, will be glad to see the back of 2009, a really sh*tty year for me

Not all of you, Nige. I have only met 3 horrible Aquarians in my life, but I have to say those 3 were so unspeakable that they made us supposedly lethal Scorpios look like rank amateurs.

Hope life improves for you in 2010, and wishing little Cliffy a great birthday :wub:

:laugh: @ Pol, not stupid that one.

2009 was definitely an improvement for us on both 2007 and 2008, though that wasn't hard as both of those were very tough. We have managed to not move house this year, and the only owlery members to move on were 3 very ancient land snails who gradually slowed up and then shuffled off over the Bridge. MummyOwl has survived double pneumonia :biggrin: Wispa has survived being chomped by an adder :ohmy: and the rest of us have survived living with Wispa :wacko: Polly lost a lot of her coat but has grown most of it back and keeps beetling around as usual telling us all what to do. We have adopted 2 hamsters and have a further 2 here on foster :wub: And I met Owlbloke by accident on the net :laugh:

RMF We are going to Anglesey with the flyball team in April for a big flyball and agility event. Not competing as yet,not until W has stopped running off with the ball and burying it, but I gather there will be things for us to have a go at. Will be shopping around for a tent.

Thought I would buy the things I need to buy on-line before the VAT hike, so today I bought, a bag of Orijen, two KMS hair styling products and a new Leki trekking pole as I seem to have lost my one, I think I must have lent it against the car whilst I got the mutts in then drove off without it, but I am mightily missing having an extra leg.

Actually managed a decent walk today, although it took us twice as long as normal because of the deep snow, poor Dinkle must have had frozen nipp'sohmy.gif

Beautiful sunny day here with very blue sky's, but being Scotland that could all change in the blink of an eye.

Happy Birthday Cliffy :wub: It's been very tough for you Nige. :GroupHug:

It's been an odd year for me. Not quite back in the real world for most of it.

I've found the self assessment stuff and now the house is in complete chaos as I've been in loads of rooms chucking out rubbish and moving stuff out to give a good old clean.

I have been to the post office. Popped in to see my Kinky-cat on the way back - she has moved in 3 doors down so I don't see her these days. She is very overweight so the man who looks after has been told in no uncertain terms that she is to go on a diet or else she will be coming back here (elderly couple, he dotes on her but she is very overweight). It's me who pays the insurance and vets bills, so I told him for any obesity related disease, he would be paying.

Where has today gone, I feel like I've not stopped wacko.gif

Been out and about doing stuff. First stop Cirencester to change the gloves my parents got me, then a half price coffee from Cafe Nero as their fire alarm was going off and they couldn't stop it (no fire, just customers being deafened). Then stopped at parents briefly on the way, then on to Next to take back the microwave Mindy got me for my birthday as it died the other week.

Madness at the retail park, cars everywhere. Sat and waited, indicating left in the area for collection/drop off. Car in front about to go but then a couple in their enormous 4x4 came along and cut in front of me. Chap in the car in front pointed at me, shouting at them that I'd been waiting, he went to pull out and 4x4 driver starts reversing, I pull in to the left so I'm in the space but at an angle, go to straighten but 4x4 driver pulls up so tight to my car I can't move, rolls down his window and shouts at me, asking what I'm doing.

I tell him I'd been waiting for ages & he should wait his turn, he doesnt move so I manage to get my car over a bit more, up the kerb. Woman who'd got out of the 4x4 comes back from wherever she'd been saying they were collecting something so I said, fine, but I'd been waiting my turn and they'd cut in. She asked if I was going to be long so I said, oh no, not long at all. She told the bloke to move, which he did so I could park straight. I get out, queue up in Next, still shaking after nearly being squashed!

After that, cheered myself up by getting petrol in Asda which was 8p cheaper than the petrol stations near me :laugh: