UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

Completed homecheck. Didnt get lost but went down some half scary lanes :ohmy: Went a different way on the way back much less scary lol. Got greeted by three lovely dogs there. A yorkie, german wire haired pointer and a very suspect Border Terrier x JRT which doesnt look like either and they suspect definately something else in the mix :laugh:

I am also home relaxing. Nice day, great to see Alex again after so long and to meet Al and friends. Dogs slept most of the way home, ate supper, now crashed out again.

2 foster hamsters arriving tomorrow from Claire at Rhydowen. Haven't had a Syrian hamster for about 5 years.

Edited by owl

We've had (and are having!) a very stressful time at the moment so I didn't really get a look at the Refuge much over the past few days, so :GroupHug: to anyone who has worries about themselves, their dogs or their families.

My OH's company lost a contract to another company and now he's been told he is in the TUPE process, which transfers certain employees over to the other company (despite there being job vacancies at the one he's with!) It would mean a four times longer drive to work assuming its in Nottingham, but if its Milton Keynes, he couldn't get there at all. However, if he says he won't go, then he automatically makes himself redundant. It isn't fair :mecry:

One good thing, what with the worry over that and my health, I'm losing weight like you wouldn't believe!

Suzeanna, that is ridiculous. We are told to use less petrol and then processes like this have people using gallons more when they could be taking up vacancies near to home.

So sorry you are both having such a rough time.

Enjoy your 2 days at home, Alex. Well deserved :flowers:

Glad Bella has settled in so well.

Suzanne Sorry to hear you're having a pants time :GroupHug: Can he apply for the jobs at the company he's with? :unsure:

RMF : We had a lovely walk this morning - it's a beautiful crisp sunny day with clear blue skies :wub:

When I'd dropped the dogs off and went to pick up some Calor gas for the heater cos we had our first frost this morning.

I have been hankering after one of these heaters for over a year now but the price tag is holding me back. I can't justify spending £300 on it. I was hoping if I left it a while the price would come down, but it hasn't.

Pov-library-highcropped.jpg

I hope its third time lucky for you, Jazz!

Alex, yes he can apply if a job comes up at his company, BUT he would get no preferential treatment and the pay level he has built up after five years with the company wouldn't count..he'd start on the basic pay scale again. He's permanent, but he'd have to come in as a temp, the way he did when he first started. Great, isn't it? and TUPE is supposed to protect the jobs of employees!

Suzeanna sorry you and OH are having such a stressful time. Not the best way to lose weight :GroupHug: I suppose you have to look for the positives in a crappy situation. :flowers:

Alex, that heater looks nice. Have you compared prices of them elsewhere and checked ebay?

I am keeping tabs on Milly on your other thread even though I am not spending much time posting

ooo that looks nice and cosy

ive passed my pre op check, so should be having my knee replacement next friday, the 20th :biggrin:

Great news! Lets hope it all goes ahead this time! Keeping fingers crossed for you :flowers:

RMF, I need to go shopping but have a labrador snoring on my foot. :laugh:

Edited by safneo