UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

I have just combed George and he STILL has fleas :angry: He's had a Frontline, as well as 2 baths with Flea or Flee (or something like that) and the house has been sprayed with Indorex. I have washed everything in the house and sprayed the car - what can I do now? I don't like him having Frontline (because of his epilepsy) but am wondering if he should be treated again with it :unsure: It's only 3 weeks since he had the last one. Neither of the cats or Archie have any - I have double checked. I'm fed up :(

can you try neem oil ? it stinks but it does seem to work

there are medicated washes a bit like sheep dip you can get from the vet ( well you can in Sri Lanka and Pete says you can here ) but it might be a bit harsh for George so maybe Neem is better

Tinchy's surviving 5 siblings and his mum have all on various occasions been very ill over the past few weeks and I thought that I would loose more babies as they were all so tiny at birth. However I now have 5 thriving babies who are 4 and a half weeks old and mum has put weight on and finally come out of her abject misery catatonic state and is chirrupy and cheeky. It's her last night with the babies - I've kept them together until now as they've all helped each other pull through. If mummy Mabel gets on with Kanga and Tigger she can move in with them and stay here. I've checked and double checked and the babes are 5 boys so I now have to find homes for them.

Yay, well done little Tinchy and family for hanging on in there.

Well done Wendy, on the new job. I hope it means less travelling and more time with the dogs :biggrin:

:mecry: A good friend of mine tried to commit suicide this morning and it was a real attempt and sheer luck she was found in time. Later on this afternoon it'll be my turn to stay with her as she cant be left alone.

A lady at work lost her 14yr old nephew to suicide over the weekend. He jumped off a tower block.

Wishing both lots of friends and families much strength :( :GroupHug:

I slept in this morning (supposed to be up at 5am to take OH to the station, so he nearly missed his train), then went out for an early walk and Tess got stung on her face just below her eye. It swelled up a little bit but I bathed it with salt water and she was eating and drinking OK. Got to work at 9am, thinking I will ring the vet and get an afternoon appointment (I finish at 1pm on Mondays), only for a colleague to tell me about the time her dog was stung and it had a massive reaction and its throat closed up :ohmy: Flew straight home to collect Tess and took her to the vet, who saw her straight awary. She's got antibiotics and is resting on the sofa now and milking her poorly face for all it's worth :rolleyes: 'Twas a bit scary though, I thought I would get home to find her collapsed this morning, I'll be surprised if I haven't picked up at least three speeding tickets.

:GroupHug: for all those people with sad news :mecry:

Wendy - well done mate :flowers:

I have just combed George and he STILL has fleas :angry: He's had a Frontline, as well as 2 baths with Flea or Flee (or something like that) and the house has been sprayed with Indorex. I have washed everything in the house and sprayed the car - what can I do now? I don't like him having Frontline (because of his epilepsy) but am wondering if he should be treated again with it :unsure: It's only 3 weeks since he had the last one. Neither of the cats or Archie have any - I have double checked. I'm fed up :(

Did you treat the cats for fleas.?

90% of the fleas found on dogs are cat fleas. Very often the cats are the carriers

If they bring the fleas and they transfer to George you will find them on him before they die. They take up to 24 hours to die.

Woken from my sick-bed just now and hope no-one minds me sharing a little good news :unsure: After working the last 2 months as a minimum wage paid waitress, I've today been offered a permanent, full time job - I'm going to be the new Hospitality Co-Ordinator at Bowood :biggrin:

The money is less than I was on in my last job and it will be hard going in initially as I've no experience of events & hospitality planning, but I love working at Bowood and I can't wait to get my start date :biggrin:

:pinkie: That's brilliant news :pinkie:

Evening :)

A big :GroupHug: for Collie r us and Andrea :flowers:

The more the merrier :laugh: Dylanwhofartsalot obviously needs a special mummy and he couldn't find a better one than you! Make sure Dylan has been thoroughly wormed, they could give him noxious fumes :sick01:

Ta :flowers: My mother tells me my house will smell of cats if I keep them both :unsure: Like 2 more is going to change anything :wacko: :laugh:

Donna from the rescue said he'd been wormed when I picked him up but I'm really beginning to wonder if that is what's wrong...it's terrible,I've never known a kitten like it.I'm sure someone's feeding him curry,sprouts etc behind my back.

I can't believe the miserable git of a vet wanted him pts,he copes so well with his disability and doesn't give a flying feck that he falls over all the time and makes an arse of himself.Honestly it's better than TV having him here.

Thanks for the :GroupHug: and suggestions for treating George's "pets". I might try the Neem oil Sam as you say it seems to work - is the smell very bad?

I've tried other "natural" things, like the Flea or Flee (I'm sure I've got the name wrong!) and none of them seem to be particularly efficacious. I don't want to waste more money that I haven't got on stuff that doesn't do a lot - the Flea or Flee cost £18.

Blackmagic yes the cats have been treated for fleas even tho neither of them go out now as they are both old ladies (18 and 17)& Archie gets regular Frontline treatment as otherwise he would be infested with ticks from his adventuring.

Im having a busy night booking hotels online tonight. my hotel is booked for 11th september in one part of london, im mid booking 2 nights for me and my folks for another part of london, then i have 3 train tickets to book, and im going to upgrade my oldies and treat them to first class down to london and back.

Its amazing what you can do these days without shifting your arse from a chair :laugh:

Thanks for the :GroupHug: and suggestions for treating George's "pets". I might try the Neem oil Sam as you say it seems to work - is the smell very bad?

it smells like curry :wacko: its a great ointment tho, works for fleas, and repells midgies and is anticeptic so can be used on cuts and grazes too. wonderfull stuff, even if it does smell a bit odd

Well done on the new job Wendy :flowers: Picked up another bin bag of soft toys for Oldies Teddy Tombola stall from a freecycler today - a friend staying with me and myself were all ohhh isn't that sweet as each one came out for inspection :laugh: Had a lovely afternoon with the Ds in Ilminster,a very pretty market town with a fab walk up and around Herne Hill on it's edge.

its not the nicest smell in the world, it smells very musty

it smells like curry :wacko: its a great ointment tho, works for fleas, and repells midgies and is anticeptic so can be used on cuts and grazes too. wonderfull stuff, even if it does smell a bit odd

it does smell like curry , musty curry

I love the smell of neem oil but Rob doesn't. It reminds me of leek soup :biggrin: I am going to try it at some point for flea/tick repellent as I am really reluctant to use frontline.

god lord what type of Leeks are you using :laugh: ( musty curry ones maybe ? )

I use neem on dogs in Sri Lanka to keep fleas off, equally I do use frontline because when the dog is covered in fleas and I mean covered it is the only thing that really does work

I have with the vets used it on very very young dogs ( reduced the doseage ) and it has saved thier lives , I would not choose to use it every month on any dog nor do I use it unless I see fleas present but for occasional use I think its fine and effective

god lord what type of Leeks are you using :laugh: ( musty curry ones maybe ? )

I use neem on dogs in Sri Lanka to keep fleas off, equally I do use frontline because when the dog is covered in fleas and I mean covered it is the only thing that really does work

I have with the vets used it on very very young dogs ( reduced the doseage ) and it has saved thier lives , I would not choose to use it every month on any dog nor do I use it unless I see fleas present but for occasional use I think its fine and effective

I know, I'm weird, but when I first put it on M-M's ears (for her hayfever) I kept having to sniff her ears :laugh:

I'm not knocking anyone else for using Frontline Sam and I'm sure many of the dogs you treat in Sri Lanka are in a very different state where fleas are concerned :flowers: I have used it in the past and I would again if I felt it necessary :) I'd just rather not use it if I can avoid it.

I give up.

i live in a Victorian house-3 years ive been here: so far

new kitchen

new downstairs loo

new back door

new front door

decorate 1 room

replace all gutters/fascias

new boiler inc remove asbestos

new shower screen.

new radiators throughout

lots of lecky problems-now sorted inc new fuse board

complete re-fence of 130 ft+ garden

remove old shed/put up new shed & greenhouse

the kitchen was done in May-the day we got back in the new boiler packed up-repairs done-which showed radiators knackered-so replaced-which showed some lecky problems ie nothing earthed!that done-which showed issues with new kitchen...

and today-the Bloody Dishwasher packed up-AAAARGH

if i ever move again-im moving into a new house-and Pish to "character" houses

fee

if i ever move again-im moving into a new house-and Pish to "character" houses

LOL. No new roof or exciting moving patches of damp? Chimneys still all firmly attached..?

I grew up in a Victorian house. Made me think twice about the whole 'character property' thing. They look nice, but my goodness you have to keep fiddling with them!