UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

The house currently smells like a cowshed as I've just cooked tripe and veggies for Madam's tea :sick01: Honestly, the lengths we go to for these dogs :rolleyes:

I just luuuurve the smell of tripe NOT - my two think it is the most delicious stuff in the world but me - I can't think of a nastier smell.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep thinking of you all. :GroupHug: Hoping the tests go well and show her bones to be good enough to have the op. You know what I went through with Sheena and she was an old girl. She was fantastically well afterwards. My advice would be if she does have this op is that you don't show any stress around her. She will be needing lots of positive vibes to get through the other end. I don't know how I did it looking back but I managed to jolly Sheena along. Kept the others around her quiet and gentle. She did react to my emotions and it helped her. Being a collie type she was a worrier herself but I am still amazed now at how well she coped with it all. She was in really good spirits. Flora at this moment still has a chance. Try and concentrate on that if you can. I know only too well what a rollercoaster of emotions this is. :GroupHug:

I cooked tripe once, before I knew better :ohno02:

Now I feed it raw.

That will be my plan for the future :rolleyes:

She thoroughly enjoyed it though and Bran got the "juice" on his tea. They cleaned their bowls till they shone, then cleaned each other's bowls, then cleaned the floor under their bowls :laugh:

She's getting so much fruit and veg at the moment, at times it looks like I'm feeding a horse not a dog :wacko: but she loves it and that's all that matters.

If Flora could get through this on just good wishes and love alone, she'd be flying through with wings on because of all of you wonderful people :wub: Thank you for caring :flowers:

If Flora could get through this on just good wishes and love alone, she'd be flying through with wings on because of all of you wonderful people :wub: Thank you for caring :flowers:

She's a very special girl. I thought that the first time I saw her photo and fell in love instantly. I may not say/write it much but I am here constantly willing everything to be right for her :GroupHug:

And you are a first class mum to her and she was sent to you for a purpose :GroupHug:

Cottage cheese is also a good source of protein. I sometimes give mine some as their breakfast, or as part of their dinner, if they need to slim down a bit.

Green beans are often recommended for helping to fill up a dog on a diet.

Lots of good wishes for Monday for a special girl and her special mummy.

And you are a first class mum to her and she was sent to you for a purpose :GroupHug:

:mecry: Thank you :flowers:

Cottage cheese is also a good source of protein.

Doh! I'd seen that mentioned before and forgot. It's on the Flora shopping list now, thank you :flowers:

:GroupHug: to one very speshull dozer from me please

All hugs are being passed on gradually, I promise :flowers: My poor girl is in enough pain that she flinches if Bran or I get too close to her unexpectedly so we're trying to move slowly around her (somewhat of a challenge for the Pickle!). She's being very sensible though and if things are getting too much for her, she'll "ask" to get in the crate by scratching at it's door :wub:

I've realised today just how invaluable her wonderful PJs are going to be if the op does go ahead as they'll be the perfect thing for her to wear to stop her bothering at stitches and to cover all of her baldy bits :biggrin: Her Auntie Verity made a fantastic choice :flowers: :wub:

If Flora is anything like me I can completely understand her strange reaction to Tramadol. I took it after I broke my coccyx and omigod it was weird stuff :wacko: Obviously it did what it says on the tin, it numbed the pain somewhat but I was on another planet, the lights were on but nobody was home :rolleyes: It was like being in a tunnel, the people speaking to me where at the other end and I could just about hear what they were saying but it was a bit like slow motion. I'd then have to concentrate hard to figure out what had been said and try really really hard to give a credible answer :laugh: I spent a lot of time looking gormless :laugh:

Sarah, I imagine your brain and emotions are in turmoil. :GroupHug: I hope all goes well on Monday and they can treat Flora so as not to prolong things further. Hopefully she will then be able to enjoy the summer (if we have one :rolleyes: ). As someone else said, she was sent to you for a reason. She would need special looking after and lots of love and you are the special person that has been picked for that. :wub: I will be thinking of you all on Monday. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Cheryl - Thank you :flowers: It helps to know what effect the medication could be making her feel like.

Georgina - It was lovely to catch up with you today and thank you so much :flowers: Bran and Flora send snogs in thanks for their treats :wub:

Very fortunately, I got some carpet scraps, a load of rubber underlay and a big rug today off of Freecycle (I was driving all over Bristol all morning :wacko: ) so we now have secure flooring covering almost all of the lounge, in a wide path through the hallway and in several directions through the kitchen. On seeing the changes, Flora and Bran had to have a 5 minute romp with proper grip underfoot and then both fell asleep curled up on the rug :wub: The pathways look none too pretty but it is totally irrelevant as it's doing the job :wink:

My wonderful Cheshirian friends are coming down tomorrow and Stew (the star) is going to help me to make a sturdy ramp to cover most of the steps into the back garden :biggrin:

I've also ordered a piece of memory foam to fill the base of the giant crate (bargainous £33 on ebay!) which should help a lot :)

All in all, I think I've now done just about everything that I can practically do in preparation for whatever Monday brings. Which is probably why I fell apart again this afternoon :rolleyes: :mecry: I would just quite like it to be this time next week when I will have answers and, one way or another, we'll be moving on and not stuck in limbo like we are now :(