UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Things are happening :wacko:

Her basic assessment - before x-rays - has confirmed that her hips *should* be able to support a hip replacement and that that is definitely the best option for her over the femoral head removal. She's very lame on her back left and that's the hip that is initially being looked at being replaced. Hopefully, if that hip is done and all goes well, having 3 good legs will be enough to support her back right without it also needing a hip replacement.

The consultant was very open and up front about potential complications of the surgery itself and post-surgery, the need to adhere strictly to the recovery plan and instilled a great deal of confidence.

The student vet that initially took her history had never met an ABD before and was rather smitten with my girl :wub:

Her heart murmur appears to be a tad more obvious now (typically :rolleyes: ) and so they have kept her in for an ECG and an ultrasound scan on her heart before giving her the go-ahead for a GA for x-rays to be taken, which will happen asap after the heart assessment. So she may possibly be home this afternoon, but, in reality, it will probably be tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday morning.

So still no definite conclusions yet, but I'm relieved that at least something is being done now and I'm confident that she's in the best hands (and the consultant confirmed that our new vets are very good at their job so should be a great support after the op :biggrin: ). It's very quiet here without her plus the children and Bran are still with my mum as I don't know if I'll need to dash out to collect her later. Fi and Twister are stopping over tonight though so I have some expert company :wink:

I'm feeling tentatively more optimistic but we'll still not have any definite answers until after the x-rays.

Thank you all so much for the continued good thoughts :flowers:

Oh this is sounding so good. Obviously every finger and toe is crossed that the ECG and ultrasound show that her heart is OK for the GA and the xrays show that the op is definitely possible.

Will wait to hear a definite outcome as soon as you know. I bet the waiting is killing you

Love Anne

It always feels better when you're in good hands. They make you feel more optimistic about things and leave you feeling confident you're making the right decisions. You're going to have to be very strict over keeping little madam quiet for this to have the best outcome. I really hope she's a good girl like Sheena was and then she'll be just fine. Bit harder to stop her getting exciting with you having children around but thank goodness your 2 are sensible. Will keep thinking of you all and wishing for the very best outcome. This is all sounding very positive Sarah. :GroupHug:

Just had a phone call to say that she won't be home tonight.

The cardiologist has given her a quick examination, but she's booked in for her ECG and ultrasound tomorrow morning and x-rays tomorrow afternoon, which should definitely be going ahead but the drugs used for her GA will be determined by the outcome of the ECG and ultrasound. See? I told you that nothing was ever straightforward with Flora :rolleyes:

Apparently, she's got a whole new gang of admirers who've asked to pass on their thoughts of how beautiful she is :wub: :wub: She's a happy girl now that *her* student (the lovely lady that we met earlier) has taken her for a little walk and given her some food :wub:

So I still don't really know any more and still don't know if she'll be home tomorrow or Wednesday, but she's ok for now :)

Well its all sounding positive so far. :flowers: Lets hope the tests tomorrow bring good news so Flora can get her treatment sooner rather than later so she can be on the road to recovery. :GroupHug:

And I am not surprised that she has a new following of admirers. She is a stunning girlie. :wub: