UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

Huge apologies, but I am ever so slightly falling apart at the seams again :mecry: and can't cope with being here at the moment. However, it was brought to my attention today that there are a lot of people here who care about my very special girl and would like to know what's happening with her.

I would absolutely love to say that all is going well, she's fighting fit and there are no concerns. That wouldn't be the truth though :mecry:

My little girl has been under the care of our fantastic, wonderful new vets for 3 weeks now and today had her 3rd cartrophen injection. Unfortunately, in those 3 weeks Flora's mobility has deteriorated further and further and we are now left with no option other than surgery :(

I should hear tomorrow when her assessment appointment at Langford is, but the wheels are now in motion for Flora to be having a total hip replacement.

She has no quality of life now and she breaks my heart daily, so I have to pin every hope that I can muster on this huge operation working for her. Unfortunately, I also know that nothing is ever straightforward with Flora so the bad thoughts keep sneaking their way in too :mecry:

I will try my best to keep you updated and if I can't be here myself, then I have one or two volunteers sitting in the wings who would be happy to do it for me :wub:

Ange - please please can you put her on the reiki lists :flowers: and everybody else - if you have a spare thought for Flora, she could really do with it right now :(

Thank you all so much :flowers:

DSCF2166.jpg

Edited by Sherlock Bones
adding in post op pics

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah, I am so sorry to hear that Flora has gone down hill. I don't know whether you are in the least bit interested but there is a Yahoo group - to be found here http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/CanineHD

They have a huge membership - mostly American - but 95% have been through what you are about to go through with Flora - either a THR or a FHO. In other words major surgery and the recovery from the it. They are massively supportive and helpful. If you want to talk through what is going to happen with people who have been there, done it and got the T shirt, this is the group of people for you. I will say hi if you join, but I mainly advise on the conservative management side as obviously Barty has never needed hip surgery.

We are all sending you and Flora massive cyber hugs and every good thought that we can muster

Love

Anne, Barty & Chloe

OMG Sarah, I've been thinking of you and wondering how one of my fav little Refuge girls is! :GroupHug:

Loads, loads and LOADS of my very bestest "get well soon" wishes for Flora :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: and a big :GroupHug: :GroupHug: to you for all your worries. I'd be happy to help or listen, just give a shout okay?