UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's keeping her occupied to have a poopie in the house again :laugh: She keeps trying to "examine" Prince Hugo by pinning him down with one foot and snuffling him all over but he's not too impressed :rolleyes: Orca did try to show him how it's best to just lie still and let her get on with it then you're good to go, but he's having none of it. Even the cats are trying to show him how important it is that Mummy Flora gives you a quick all-over check if you've not had one for a while :laugh: Bran's big enough now that he doesn't need to be checked any more. Bran and Hugo like to have barking competitions and are very kindly hosting these in the lounge so that Flora can join in from the comfort of her crate :wacko:

It's just lovely for me to see her wanting to spend time with them and wanting to be so close to them again :wub:

Edited by dirtychicken

:laugh: I am going to spend today on this forum checking if there are any sane people here. It's only just hit home to me you have 2 pups now :laugh: Does Flora check they've washed behind their ears and not just had a quick wash to make do. Bracken's mum checks him over. Thankfully he is always found to be up to scratch cos if any aren't she tells them off. :laugh:

It's only just hit home to me you have 2 pups now :laugh:

I'm glad it's not just Flora that does the mothering thing then :laugh: and yes. Isn't it fun? :rolleyes: Plus I've just agreed to have Orca for 2 months this summer as well :wacko: AND we have to go camping twice whilst he's here :blink: Thank goodness I have a trailer and a roof rack :laugh:

I'm glad it's not just Flora that does the mothering thing then :laugh: and yes. Isn't it fun? :rolleyes: Plus I've just agreed to have Orca for 2 months this summer as well :wacko: AND we have to go camping twice whilst he's here :blink: Thank goodness I have a trailer and a roof rack :laugh:

So which dog is going in the trailer and which is going on the roof rack :unsure: :unsure: :laugh: :laugh:

Tie 'em to the front of the car and save fuel. Also they will sleep like logs when you get there!!!!! :glare: :rolleyes: :laugh:

For anyone who doesn't know my weird sense of humour. That is a joke. :flowers:

Joke? :unsure: Sounds like an excellent plan to me :flowers: :wink:

Edited by dirtychicken

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get an updated photo of her scar now - 5 weeks down the line :ohmy:

Scar.jpg

As you can see, her fur is growing back nicely too :wub:

I did get lots more photos during her short play session this morning, but I'll put them in a thread of their own shortly :wink: She is doing amazingly well and is still incredibly patient at being in the crate. We do have days when she is just whingewhingewhinge but mostly she is happy to snooze or chew on her bones :wub: Bran isn't allowed to go out with her on her toilet breaks any more because she will completely ignore the need to pee in favour of the need to bounce on her brother :glare: :rolleyes:

She's due back at Langford on 4th June for her follow-up x-rays etc and the appointment will be with the lovely Martin Owen. I've not met him before but will be able to pass on my thanks for his kindness in person at last :biggrin: