UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

A Flora Update

dirtychicken

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor (but very positive :biggrin: ) update: ECG and ultrasound showed nothing worth worrying about just at this moment and not enough of an issue to halt the x-rays :)

Her x-rays were booked to take place at 2pm so she should be under right now :unsure: Once she's come round I'll get another call to tell me if she's come round well enough to come home today or whether she'll have to stay in until tomorrow.

She's home :biggrin: Albeit looking something like a patchwork cushion :rolleyes:

I still don't have any definitive answers as our consultant has been in a meeting all afternoon and came out of it to come and speak to me as we collected her. He has briefly looked at her xrays and feels that she *should* be within the size range, etc for THR but needs to confirm it with the correct measurements, etc. He'll be doing that tomorrow afternoon and I should have a written report by the end of the week.

He'll then give us a week or so to digest all of the information that we've been given before discussing how we want to proceed. I have little doubt in my mind that I want to proceed with the THR if it's possible, but appreciate the consideration. It should then take between 2 and 8 weeks to get all of the necessary staff in the same place at the same time with the necessary surgery bookings before the op can take place, so I was totally misinformed by the receptionist about it all potentially happening on the same day!! I'm very glad to have a bit of space to breathe and prepare ourselves though.

The other "interesting" news today is that the ECG and scan have confirmed that the heart murmur is due to 2 leaky valves and although no changes have occurred within her heart yet, it is going to need 6 monthly monitoring from now on and at the first sniff of any changes we'll be off to the cardiologist. My girl doesn't really believe in doing things by halves!!! :wink:

She is currently lounging in the crate with a very tasty lamb bone which Nanny brought for her and wondering what all of the fuss is about :wub:

Thank you all so much for the continued good thoughts :flowers: You guys are always there when I need you and have got me through some of the bleakest times :wub: