UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

morning all

On a disabled site, I put a challenge to the dog owners to teach them a trick every week and put a video on there. I had kevin lying down, and taking me to the cupboard I need, got to do something else today

be safe x

• Like 1

Morning early birds! I've got into the habit of waking up every two hours during the night, it's very annoying.  At least I've got my sunlounger to lie on if it's going to be as good a day as they promise, and I'll get Philip to crank out the big shade.  I got some suncream in Aldi that might suit you Yantan (if you've got an Aldi?) It's Lacura, their brand I assume, it's for extra sensitive skin, no fragrance, hypo allergenic, factor 50 and waterproof.  I'm fair skinned but since my cancer I am supposed to be careful in the sun and these tablets I'm taking can make you photosensitive, so hopefully the cream will stop me coming out in a rash.

Griff, they may be complete ar*es, but I'm sure they wouldn't be stupid enough to do you physical harm?

Oooh I like the sound of that suncream Suzeanna. Unfortunately our nearest Aldi is in the next town over, Cockermouth, 13 miles away. I'll get some at some point though! 

I was only sitting out for a few minutes when I realised I was burning yesterday so put my lounger in the shade. 

How is everyone coping with their hair? My usual 6 week cut should have been done yesterday so my hair is starting to lose its style and shape. I think getting a hair appointment after the hairdressers are allowed to open will be a challenge in itself!

Yantan, Nicola Sturgeon cut her own hair following a video on you tube by hair stylist Julie McGuire. It looks very  neat.

Probably easier to do when just slightly needed than waiting until it is out of control.

We are having lots of sunshine but not warm enough to sit out thanks to a cold wind. It is okay if you are working in the garden or walking. 

I asked my GP to fax my repeat prescription to the local chemist which they did on Thursday . My DIL( designated shopper and medicine collector) went to collect on Friday and they could not find it. The system showed it had been made up and they asked if someone else could have collected it. Um, no. So they made up another lot but they only gave her two of the items out of 5.  

I phoned and the chemist found the computer entry but couldn't understand what had happened. However, he put through a request for the missing items.  He was not the  regular pharmacist and said he would explain to her when she came in Monday. When my DIL collected them again the pharmacist asked if I just had not got as much as I expected. Nope, I got nothing.

She made up the three items but has marked them as 'emergency supply'. 

I don't know what happened to the first lot but I think there were probably two prescriptions as 5 items may not have fitted onto one sheet. The chap who made up the two items maybe missed the second sheet.

They sound a little disorganised.

It doesn't sound as if things are going get easier any time soon. 

After lockdown things will not be 'normal' for a while.

I have my hair cut right back every 3 months or so. Had it done early March so will be a while before it looks a mess. When it does I will just wear a hat or a bandanna. 

I just got a letter from my local council giving people i can contact if I need anything. They have me listed as vulnerable, I assume because of age. Is this the same letter that other people have had, or did you get something from NHS or central government?

I have my fringe cut usually every 3-4weeks and my hair every 6 weeks....that hasn't happened and all my layers seem to have grown  out but it looks o.k. you never know, if people leave their hair grow out a bit etc they may try something new lol.

I used to get sudocream sun lotion, factor 50 and it was a weird foam, I got the kids one as a nurse once told me that the kids cream is much better...no clue myself but just something I do now. They seem to have stopped making it I think now....I bought about 15 cans of it 

That's what I'm hoping for Griff, I'll get inspiration for a new style. The saving grace is that I hardly ever see anyone at the moment and everyone else is in the same boat anyway.

Apart from walking the dogs I haven't set foot outside the house or garden today. Having pasta tonight so the  fresh veg can wait till tomorrow. At least it should be warm and sunny if I have to queue at Morrisons 😀

Tonight's 8 o'clock clap was even less than last week. Mind you the neighbours who work for the NHS (her) and carer in a nursing home (him) have both told us that they don't want it and it's just not their thing. We still do it so we can say hello to the few neighbours that do come out. Check who's still alive lol

Sorry owl, I missed your question. Mums letter came from the Dr on behalf of the government....it had her hospital number on it, contact details for the Dr etc.

We also got the generic one saying if we couldn't manage there would be people to help us

• Like 1