UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Another sunny morning in the Costa Edinburgh. 

Had another busy weekend in the garden but three big, old bushes were eventually removed plus loads of little tuberous bulb like things all attached like a string of bananas. They are  like small tubers   of peonies or dahlias all strung together.  Sword like leaves grow up from them but I don't know what   they are. They are prolific over the  whole garden.

It has been good to have all this dry weather to get it done.  We are forecast to get rain from 3pm to 6pm  today and then 9pm to 11pm  but  all day tomorrow. 

I have taken the personal  registration off the car in anticipation of selling it, whenever that may be.

The world  is closed.

All OK here :)

Blackmagic I wonder if the plant you are talking about is something my mum had all over her garden. Grows in mats of little tubers, has sword shaped leaves and flame coloured or yellow flowers, a few like long narrow bells on a stalk. Good ground cover but can be very invasive. I can't get it to grow here at all.  I can't remember its name.

Morning.

Lovely day here tho chilly out of the sun.

I went down to the churchyard for my walk around it which is a good way to get my exercise. I was really suprised at the amount of traffic on the roads compared to previous weeks. People too! Way more people. 

The foster dogs should be here this week. Transport is arranged but they are trying to fit another dog in for drop of on the way to save on trips.

We are going to have to go to our storage unit to get the dog gear out. Last time we went it was en-route to Ruby's hospital appointment but we are feeling guilty as we are going to have to make a special trip just for the dog stuff. 

the rescue bertie is with, wont do virtual homechecks, so he will have to be here till lockdown is over to do them

found the number to ask where my food parcel is, in case that's gone to the wrong address. after texts and call saying im getting one, ive been taken off the system! that's why priority hasn't gone through with all supermarkets. im now back on the list

im so tired. I cough if I lie down so merlin wont let me go to sleep. need to stay awake if this food parcel comes anyway. think ill watch a film to stay awake. 

I cant breathe with tomato or mint plants. the amount of places we havemoved into with them, had to rip them out quick. them and roses. they always ripped me as I walked past, so they came out too 

Not montbretia- that has corms. These are like little tubers long and narrow. It could be what you describe Owl. If I see some flowering in other gardens I will know The tubers seem  connected  to each other  with a thin thread like stalk so you get a run of them  in a  big bunch sideways as well as downwards, Some  have spread two spade depths down. 

Films send me to sleep Jazz so wouldn't work to keep me awake. Think I get most of my sleep watching telly of an evening even if it's something I want to watch. Good of Merlin to keep you awake.

Exciting about the fosters Yantan. Hope they get to you soon. Are you definitely only taking them as fosters? Or might the old boy, at least, find his permanent home? Or both of them if it's suitable, of course.

Been mostly nice here today, lots of sun though a bit cloudy this afternoon at times. Planted out a few more plants in the garden. Really wish I had started some tomato plants Owl, and cucumbers. If I'd known how fabulous the weather was going to be I'd have had the courage to do it but you get a bit pessimistic living here lol.

I spoke with my opposite neighbour this evening, the one whose nephew gave first aid to the man knocked unconscious by the gang of men near Newark. You were all concerned about the Injured man, so I am glad to tell you he has recovered well, and the culprits were finally caught and arrested on Saturday and charged with a whole raft of offences.

• Like 2

Great news Owl 👍

Eve you never know! It will depend on how the dogs get on here and if we can handle them. They've had no training, have never been walked and have no idea what a lead is or what they should do when a lead goes on.

The first week or so probably won't involve walks. We'll let them decompress and feel safe. We'll get them used to leads going out into the garden. 

Having a house and garden to run round in will be a refreshing change, we hope, to spending day after day squashed into a crate - mum, dad and daughter. 

We  are having dad & daughter and they are very bonded. Mum had started being aggressive towards them so went off to another rescue. We would never be the cause of these two being parted unless their behaviour toward each other changes for the worst. 

Sounds quite the challenge Yantan. Honey & Cooper were the same when they came to us, never been outside, been on a lead or gone for a walk. Couldn't avoid taking them for a bit of a walk right away as we also transported them and had to let them out for a wee at the services. They were like whirling dervishes and screamed like banshees when first let out. Five years on they're still not perfect but we love them to bits and we wouldn't be without them.

• Like 1