UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Really hope the proton therapy works Suzeanna, and that your treatment starts soon. Sounds like you have a lovely caring oncologist.

I think Jazz is right Owl. Not doing our usual stuff and getting out and about is more tiring.

Been feeling really down the past couple of days and getting annoyed with myself as there's no reason for it and I'm far better off than a lot of people health and lifestyle wise. Just realised it's the first anniversary of my dad's death today so that probably explains it and I've decided to forgive myself lol. Hopefully normal service will resume tomorrow and you can put up with more inane drivel from me 😁

You certainly should forgive yourself for that. It is hardly surprising. I think my tiredness may be due to all the change and reorganising everything. I have been so focused on getting everything sorted out, getting on to internet banking which I hate but needs must, sourcing everything we need, getting stuff for growing salads etc, checking on friends, that now I have space to stop it has all caught up with me. I had a couple of days of getting upset because of all the suffering and not being able to help in any way, but have got over it as much as one can.   

Haven't done much today but repotted some lavenders. Long awaited rain should arrive tomorrow. As should a big box of fruit and veg from greengrocer :)

Eve, it's probably what's been making you feel down, Steve gets like that around the times his mum and brother died...he never realises until I mention is it when Jackie or Carl died.

Owl, I hope you get some good rest over the next couple of days

Suzeanna, pleased you agreed to the treatment and it's lovely to have a really good consultant you get on with....i am really going to miss mine, I miss Felix my chest consultant terribly but it's nice to know I can contact him if needs be

I've taken some paracetamol, hopefully they'll help.  It's not too bad until I have to go up or downstairs, or bend.  Hadn't realised I'd hurt my shoulder too until I went to lift my arm.  I only had two vodka and cokes last night, honest!

My eldest grandson has put some videos on TikTok, had a look at them earlier and I can't believe how grown up he looks.  We saw them at Christmas, but he seems to have changed just in this short time.  He's 11 now, his mum says he's getting very moody...early teenage strops, obviously.  His twin brother and sister are six, so she's got a few years before they start, although with Jamie having autism, he's the master of mega strops already.

Is it me, or is it cold? I've put the heating on!

Owl, there were some crows in the big trees behind us the other day and one was making a sound I've never heard from a crow before, sounded more like a pigeon cooing, but definitely it was the crow.  Then I realised his attention was on another crow a branch above him, so I imagine he was wooing a lady.  Didn't seem to work though, she flew off after about five minutes!

• Like 1

I love frozen yogurt Owl. But I've usually chosen to buy the ice lolly version lol. Same with frozen OJ. Can't stand milk so wouldn't have that in any form.

Hope you're feeling less hurty today Suzeanna.

Thank you for all your birthday wishes. I did have a nice day despite the circumstances. I'm not that bothered about birthdays to be honest but for once we had actually planned a night away and dinner with family. So that was obviously cancelled a while ago. But we had a sunny day so sat in the garden with a cheeky wee glass of wine 😊 I'm not used to drinking in the afternoon so dinner may be interesting. Richard can't cook so it's still down to me lol

• Like 1