UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Karen Tik Tok is owned by a Chinese company. The Chinese don't generally have a good record on the LGBTQ front, although it is starting to change.

Not such a nice day here, very overcast and much cooler. Looks like the coming week is no better - and maybe worse as rain is forecast from mid week.

There are tourists starting to turn up in alarming numbers! Obviously not the hordes we are used too but we are still in lockdown so there shouldn't be any! 

Bloody hell, I think it's a plague... it's really busy on the roads here too so obviously people aren't adhering to the staying home thing anywhere!

We are scorchio here, next door has been up the fekin scaffolding again so I am back in, the dogs are being quite good but still barking.... it's only to be expected, they hate him and he is staring

It threw it down earlier, took an awful lot of blossom off the cherry tree.  Philip mowed the lawn this morning so at least that's done.

Yantan, I don't think the Chinese have a good record on any sort of human rights, especially if people dare to speak up against them...they have a habit of disappearing!

Griff, it doesn't bother me, it's only part of our driveway it covers.  He said he tried to angle it so it only shows theirs but he couldn't.

We have a rat! well, probably a family but we only see one at a time, thankfully in the garden rather than the kitchen.  Cheeky blighter too, stands its ground if it sees you watching it.  Philip swears it thumbed its nose at him, but I'm sure he must be mistaken! I remember years ago, before we lived in this house, one of the cats brought a baby rat in and let it go. It somehow managed to get itself into the back of the cooker and we had to take the back off to get it out, it promptly leapt into the basket the other cat was sitting in, she jumped a foot in the air and legged it outside! Philip intended to wallop it with a spade but my daughter persuaded him to put it in a box and take it to the playing field down the road.

my friend could hear mice in the walls, then opened a cupboard, a big rat had died and decayed, so they had to empty and scrub it all. still hearing them in the walls. don't want to put poison down as she has cats, but

doesn know what else to do

Mix of cloud and sun here today but much cooler, for which my burnt knees were thankful lol. Did a bit of weeding but not much else. Should go out and water as the garden is bone dry and probably can't wait till the rain forecast later in the week.

Took the dogs down the beach this morning as it was low tide and they had a good run around. Nick is limping though, think it's around his back left knee that's tender and he can't put his weight on that leg. Trip to the vet then if it's no better in the morning.

Hope it's not his cruciate, Eve.  Long job to heal.  

I think the weather is set to be wet for us all this coming week, but I have to admit the gardens need it.  Candy will be happy anyway, she doesn't enjoy warm weather at all, I think she's a husky in disguise!