UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

The next door neighbour told us the plants are alstromeria .

Yantan, give the fosters plenty of time to settle. It can take at least three weeks for them to find their feet then the  honeymoon is over and the fun starts.

They may be frightened by the big, bad world if they have never been out They may also freak out at household noise - hoover, tv , washing machine etc

Although they are bonded try to get them used to being apart at times as one day the daughter will have to cope without the dad. 

I have  known people who had big problems when the old dog died,  leaving a younger one on their own.

Glad the bullies got  caught, Owl.

Yantan, I used something called unwind, it's homeopathic and releases their stress....if you are interested I can give you my homeopaths details and you can email her. When getting them used to a lead, even just a piece of string attached to a collar and trailing is a good start. I guess think of them as big puppies...there's going to be lots of firsts for them whilst they are with you.

Hope tablets work quickly, Jazz.

No, have been nowhere except busy on phone and online because a group of 8 dogs, all different breeds, escaped in Worksop and went off on a jolly, whizzing happily past local dog walkers. No idea who owner was but they did catch up with them and round them up. Big worry as they were headed down the road towards the golf course and Clumber Park.

The blackbird in outhouse is sitting on nest. I have seen her a couple of times popping out for a drink or to forage, then straight back into outhouse.  We have steady light rain so worms and slugs are appearing.

Just been pottering about in the garden today. Meant to rain on Thursday so getting as many jobs done out there as I can before that. Guess I'll have to get round to some much needed housework then.

We have sparrows nesting in a gap below the guttering both front and back of the house Owl. Love watching them go in and out.

I love alstromeria Blackmagic, they're so beautiful. I put some in one of my big planters last year so I'm hoping they don't start taking over!

Hope you feel better soon Jazz.

I ordered another feeding stand from Zooplus, They delivered it today. Or rather they didn't. Inside the box was a 14kg of Proplan dog food :worried_anim: 

I've asked them to rectify their mistake by sending my feeding stand and arranging pick up of the bag of food. 

I'll bet the wrong labels have been put on two different boxes and someone somewhere has got a feeding stand instead of the expected bag of dog food!

Was cold here today and felt quite damp although it didn't actually rain. Was pleased about that as I had to queue for about 45 mins to get into Morrisons. The queue to get out took nearly as long but at least I was in the warm then.

I've always found Zooplus brilliant to deal with Yantan, don't think you'll have any problem with them. Any update on the fosters transport run?

I've used Zooplus for years so I know it's just a mistake but I chose them over other companies selling the same thing cheaper so I could get it faster. I wanted it here in time for the pupsters arrival.

On that front we've not heard anything but when we got Tye we only found out he would be coming the day before he arrived. 

• Like 1