UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

I have just got a monster delivery of fruit and veg from local firm, really good stuff. Ordered rather too much so have been busy washing, chopping, bagging and freezing. No excuse for not eating healthily now. 

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

My   friend's dog only ever drank out of the bird, nit out of her water dish.

Yesterday was hot so I opened the boot of the car to stop the car getting too hot. Then spent the afternoon working in the garden.

Cleo cam out to join us later on and went and jumped into the boot. She lay there happily but when it was time to go in she would not budge.

She   locked her legs and dug her paws in. There is nothing more unmoveable than a stubborn retriever size dog.

I could not move her or lift her.out My DIL could not move her or lift her out.

My  son grappled with her struggling but eventually  won.

I think she is as fed up as us with not going out anywhere.

She gets walks everyday but it is not as exciting as going out  to the beach or somewhere new.

They've changed the rules here..don't know about in Scotland? You can drive somewhere for exercise, so long as the time you spend in activity is longer than the time it takes to get there.  So, if there are any parks in a short drive away, you could take her..if the rules are the same?

Candy is looking rather scurfy, so we popped her in the bath and gave her a shampoo.  She now looks like a curly coated retriever! Philip's taken her to a walk to help her (and him!) dry off. 

There is a large park within  walking distance so that is not a problem.  There are also two  areas of waste ground and a long country path so we are not stuck for places to go but she  loves going out in the car and obviously misses it.

The big country  park is closed.

I filled the form in on the government website. got emails from Sainsburys and iceland giving me priority. Had a  call today from the government. as I used to shop online with Tesco and morrisons she is telling them to give me priority when I do an online shop. Im also getting a hamper of essentials delivered free in the next 7 days

Edited by Jazz

Eve, you get a letter from the government...tonnes of people have been missed....me included lol... means I can escape for a walk with the dogs instead of being confined to my house and back garden! You could try contacting Tesco...took us an hour on the phone, explain the situation and maybe they can add your sister. If not, call the local council, explain she is on her own.. vulnerable and needs help, they will give her a food parcel, they offered mum one twice but she said she would manage herself

So you got a letter then jazz??