UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Whatever it is, cream it Owl! I'm a happy bunny, grabbed a priority slot for this Friday! Any time between 10 and 6, but they text to tell you when apparently.  If things are missing from the order that don't have to come from Tesco, at least Philip can go and inspect the wonders of Aldi when they are quiet.  

• Like 1

im going to get a list together. does it say on the website you have priority?

bad stomach in the night, had Imodium. when the dogs wanted up at 6.30 I put them in the garden then we all went back to bed till 8.30   bindi is better glad to say

be safe xx

Suzeanna they usually send a substitute providing you haven't put a tick beside the item to show a substitute isn't required. Mind you sometimes what they think constitutes a suitable substitute can leave you shaking your head! 

Another nice day here. It was nice yesterday but we also had that rather keen wind and we found it necessary to wear our fleeces when we went for a walk. 

We are back on our diet and I've lost 3lbs of the 12 I gained.

just looked again on the Tesco website, it had a click and collect for tomorrow so did an order quick so it shows ive used it. lewis will pick it up before work. has anyone done that? ive forwarded him the email to show. he needs to take carrier bags. anything else he needs to know please

When a long time Facebook friend in USA is proud to be fighting for her freedom as her ancestors did, i.e. marching with the Kentucky rebels, sharing hugs, because it's only the flu and we are all making a fuss about nothing ... 

Oh dear Owl, that is seriously delusional. Really hope she doesn't suffer for that, though I guess that would only fuel her delusions and she'd think it justified her actions.

Thanks again to Blackmagic, my sister phoned that number and got on the priority list for Tesco. But I won't be following your bikini advice. Dunoon is NOT ready for that lol. Did liberate my legs for a few hours though. Peely wally was an understatement (very pale for non-Scots)

Hope your stomach is better Jazz

I looked an hour earlier and there wasn't any, then there was just 2 there so booked it quick

did I tell you 2 of my friends have parents in the home my ex works at? him and other staff have the virus. 9 patients have died.

my friends mum has been diagnosed with cancer, hasn't got long left. Hope the lockdown ends soon so she can see her

ive put the tall fan together hoping the hot weather is coming

We've used click and collect in the past, Jazz.  Our Tesco has a van sitting in the car park with two spaces next to it allocated for c&c customers, you just drive up, park and give the driver your name and address and he gets your shopping out of the van in the usual way.  

I was going to say typical of a certain sort of American, but since she's a friend of yours, I'd better not Owl! 

Oh go on Eve...if it's warm enough, wear one! If your neighbours don't like the view they can always draw their curtains. It always made me smile when we were in Greece, us Brits terribly aware of our less than perfect bodies and hiding behind sarongs, when other nationalities wore what they liked regardless of their shape.  The older Italian men in their budgie smugglers made me wince rather, and Philip took a long time to recover one memorable day when he'd accidentally walked into the nudist part of the beach and a rather large elderly lady wearing nothing but a yellow sun hat bent over in front of him to pick up a shell.  He came back muttering about needing to bleach his eyeballs!

• Haha 2

Ha ha Suzeanna. The nudist beach near where we used to go in France seemed to be full of porky German men. They seemed to like infiltrating the non nudist section and showing off their portly pot bellies lol

Edited by eve
  • Haha 1

Suzeanna, I wouldn't blame you thinking that about my friend, but she is no redneck. She does acting and film extra work, facepainting at parties and events, she is a rather bohemian type. I have been discussing with a mutual friend in Dundee, also a net friend but we have been chatting away for well over 20 years, well before Facebook. We are both concerned about our American friend, as she has mood swings and either things are wonderful or hopeless. She thinks very much with her emotions and logic is not her strong point. My Dundee friend tells me that a few weeks ago this lady was convinced the virus was a hoax and didn't believe it even existed.

Jazz, that is sad and worrying news. Hope your friend gets to see her mum.

Owl, could your friend be bi-polar? Just with the mood thing, that's what an ex friend of mine was like and it turns out she was bi-polar. 

Eve, I have been sat in my back garden with a bikini top on....I decided I didn't care less what my neighbours think, if people are offended by the way I look... don't look lol. I need to lose about 1/ 2 a stone but for me to be happy I would say at least a stone... it's going nowhere though.

Haven't done click and collect at any supermarkets yet, think we have one for Monday at Asda but not sure.

Had about 2 hours sleep, wide awake again, want to get up but the dogs will wake the whole house so best stay put!