UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

I got the letter, but it does say you are advised not to go out..not you are ordered not to go out! No Eve I can't get a delivery either, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons and Iceland all solidly booked for the next three weeks.  Thankfully Philip can get out, but I worry for him as he is asthmatic.  Mind you..I have nipped out to Aldi a couple of times before I got the letter and so far, no problem.  My oncologist is Romanian, and he said in Romania the army were on the streets making sure no one went out! 

Thanks everyone. My cousin is getting her the basics but she wants to be independent plus my cousin is a key worker looking after vulnerable adults in a care home so she wants to minimise the burden on her. Definitely gaps in the system then if you're not getting priority Suzeanna.

I wouldn't stay in anyway lol

I have been missed, I know I have, I am sensible...I go to the shops when it is quiet, I fly round as quick as possible, use my card and scraper..unless it's Poundland in which case the security guard chats my ear off lol. As soon as I get home, I unpack the bag and then wash my hand and sanitize them too.

3 hours ago, suzeanna said:

I got the letter, but it does say you are advised not to go out..not you are ordered not to go out! No Eve I can't get a delivery either, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons and Iceland all solidly booked for the next three weeks.  Thankfully Philip can get out, but I worry for him as he is asthmatic.  Mind you..I have nipped out to Aldi a couple of times before I got the letter and so far, no problem.  My oncologist is Romanian, and he said in Romania the army were on the streets making sure no one went out! 

Yes. My son lives in Romania and they have to fill in a  huge  form if they want to go out.

There is no law that you cannot go out Suzeanna, It is recommended for your  own safety. 

Eve, I found this  https://www.tesco.com/help/priority-slots-faq/

Please call us on 0800 917 7359. We can’t guarantee a slot will be available, but we will do our best to prioritise you as we continue to expand our capacity.

• Like 1

Morning all. Going to be another glorious day here by the look of things.

So far I've been able to get a weekly grocery delivery from Sainsbury's or Tesco. You have to stalk their sites as they only release a few slots at a time. There might be none but you check again a few minutes later and hey presto! I don't mind the continual checking, I've got nothing better to do!

We can also get a delivery from the little MiniMart, the Co-op and Booths supermarket in town are doing a click & collect so you order & pay online and are given a time to go and pick it up without having to go into the shop. A local wholesale food company has started up another click & collect service from their warehouse a few miles out of town. You get a pickup time, then reverse up to a loading bay and they fill your boot with your grocieries. The freshness & quality of the fruit and veg is superb I've been told.

And on top of all that the town has a volunteer Covid-19 taskforce. A number of "wardens" look after 3 or 4 streets each. You can ring, text or email them to let them know you need help for things like shopping, prescription pick-up or even moral support and they will arrange it all with their team of volunteers.

I phoned that number, Blackmagic, and I have been put on the list for priority.  He told me to keep looking at the pages, as they don't release all the slots at one go.  

That's good, Yantan.  Don't think there's anything like that around here.

Lovely sunny day here but a cold wind. Well, I find it cold anyway, but then I'm always ruddy freezing. Philip reckons I could walk across the Sahara and still have cold feet!

Thanks Blackmagic, I've passed the number on to my sister.

Lovely here today so mostly spent sitting in the garden. Cold breeze didn't hit us till late afternoon so we mostly sat and soaked up the sun. Have to make the most of it when you live in the west coast of Scotland. Might even bare my legs tomorrow if this keeps up 😮

Hope Bindi is ok Jazz. Have you worked out what's stressing her?

I don't know. shes gone to sleep after the metacam with her cuddly toy.  mouse is lay with her

I don't feel great. I wonder if its the cleaning fluids ive used. none she could injest, but the fumes, though the doors are open. Hope we feel better in the morning

night all x

Eve, the weather is to get hotter towards the end of the week.

But the west of Scotland looks set to be warmer for the first part of the week, with temperatures generally expected to reach between 17c and 19c - and 20-21c possible in western parts of the Highlands.

Get the bikini looked out!