UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Owl, keep an eye on your bite.. a few years ago something miniscule bit my arm when I was in the garden and it left a lump which then progressed to a red line going up my arm! Phoned the GP and was told to come in straight away, blood poisoning.  My then GP said if this had happened before antibiotics, you'd die.

I know when my mum was on pred her face became very much fatter than normal Griff, but I don't recall it affecting her all over.  Couldn't be some sort of strange water retention could it? Don't let it put you off wearing what you want, people shouldn't be getting close enough to stare and if they do, smile brightly and tell them it's a side effect.  They'll think you mean of corona and run!

Philip says I need to get my hearing checked...they were on tv earlier talking about churches being closed and someone said "furious clerics."  I thought they said furious ferrets, and was rather confused!

• Haha 1

Owl, keep an eye on your bite.. a few years ago something miniscule bit my arm when I was in the garden and it left a lump which then progressed to a red line going up my arm! Phoned the GP and was told to come in straight away, blood poisoning.  My then GP said if this had happened before antibiotics, you'd die.

I know when my mum was on pred her face became very much fatter than normal Griff, but I don't recall it affecting her all over.  Couldn't be some sort of strange water retention could it? Don't let it put you off wearing what you want, people shouldn't be getting close enough to stare and if they do, smile brightly and tell them it's a side effect.  They'll think you mean of corona and run!

Philip says I need to get my hearing checked...they were on tv earlier talking about churches being closed and someone said "furious clerics."  I thought they said furious ferrets, and was rather confused!

• Like 1

I have the moon face from steroids. My hands, feet and legs have swollen. my skin is splitting. Do you think its the change in weather making you swell?

a queen song says dining at the ritz. I thought it was tie me at the wrists lol

Edited by Jazz

Insect bite much better. Lump still there but no longer red. 

Wispa has started to take a worrying interest in bumblebees. She ignores them if in the flowers where they should be but doesn't like them wandering about. We just had a huge queen in the house who with a bit of encouragement found a window and buzzed off, but Wispa was following her scent along the carpet!

I used to work with a lovely girl who misheard the lyrics to Poetry In Motion. I had to stop and listen one day when she was singing along to as I wasn't 100% sure I had heard right. I had. She was singing "Oh a tree in motion".  Every time I hear the song now it makes me giggle.

I'm not perfect though. I thought that Neil Diamond song Forever In Blue Jeans was The Reverend Blue Jeans for years until someone put me right. Oh and Prince Charming by Adam and The Ants was Prince Chow Mein.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry Yantan, that made me laugh. I hate to think how many song lyrics I misheard over the years.

Oh I seem to have missed a few posts. Seems like all of us mishear stuff. Should be hilarious if we ever all got together 😂

Glad your bite is better Owl. My lot don't bother much with bees thank goodness. Kai used to be a nightmare trying to catch them in his mouth. Luckily he was never fast enough. There seem to be a lot of them around which is encouraging. They absolutely love Muscari which I'd never noticed before.

Deags is obsessed with anything shiny, anything that moves...fly's, bees birds, squirrels.all are there to be chased!

Omg...grape hyacinth, a neighbour planted that and it has spread all through the gardens...I am on a constant battle trying to rid my garden of them...hate the bloody things, I have been trying to get shot of it for about 15 years

I have the same problem with forget me nots, they spring up everywhere!

Philip arrived at Tesco at 7.45, actually got in at 8.15! Don't think he's enjoying this shopping on his own lark.

These tablets that everyone was encouraging me to take are doing zilch for my hair or skin, it's all very well the experts saying you need to get rid of all the oestrogen in your body but the body needs it! We've got a faux fur throw over our leather sofa, and where I sit it's just covered with bits of my hair.  At this rate I might just as well shave the whole lot off and buy a wig or a hijab...we can go the Muslim route together Griff. I think I must be keeping the body lotion companies in business, my skin has got so dry I'm slathering it on in industrial quantities and don't get me started on the hot flushes.  Just what you need on a hot day!

edit to add; he's just messaged to say he's now q'ing to pay.  That may take a while!

Edited by suzeanna