UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

Not done much, took the dogs to the beach, sat in the sun in the garden, then when it clouded over went upstairs and had a kip as I didn't sleep very well last night. Sorry I haven't posted much the past couple of days. Some days I struggle for things to say, definitely not got anything interesting to relate lol.

You are not the only one Eve, I am much the same. The most interesting thing that has happened to me was being pooed on by a couple of agitated wood pigeons who landed in the conifer above me as I was quietly reading. Very glad I was wearing a cotton sun hat which protected my face and hair. All clothes straight into the wash after scrubbing the stains out. 

Most days are the same under lock down. It has not felt like Easter at all.

Yesterday my DILand I attacked some overgrown and straggly bushes  in the front garden It took a lot of brute force   to get them out.

It was hot and tiring work. Both of us are a bit stiff today.   The borders are overgrown with weeds - the next job when we have recovered.

Cleo started limping on a front leg on Friday so no walk yesterday. She was not  amused.

She is  back to normal  today but I only did a short onlead walk, just in case.

Have a long hot bath Blackmagic, that should ease the joints.

Good thing about the hat Owl, easier than yucky hair!

Eve, I don't think any of us have anything exciting to talk about these days.  Philip did the shopping yesterday and bought a half leg of lamb (sorry Griff!) as he likes lamb and we haven't had it in ages.  I'd completely forgotten how to cook it but fortunately I have the manual from our relatively new cooker which tells you in terms even I could understand the right temperature, shelf position etc.  It was lovely, and even the roast potatoes co operated and were crisp on the outside and fluffy inside and no, they weren't from a packet.  I managed to eat a reasonable amount despite my mouth ulcer, which seems to be getting there at last.

Suzeanna, ask for something called Nystatin if you are getting regular ulcers...it's snot green and the taste is a bit dicey to begin with but is very very good stuff.

Lol...I don't mind people eating meat..I just want everything to have a peaceful passing. I cook meat for dad, Steve and the dogs

Had a stressful day... thought I would be getting a kick in but dodged it, brief outline, mate with 4 very young kids in lockdown on her own but self isolated 2 weeks before...left her husband but had to return for the sake of the kids... namely difficulties with the eldest...anyway..he went mental today and chucked her out..no shoes, no phone, no keys to her house...upset the eldest who was in hysterics...he luckily left but has returned. I would never leave her on her own and my phone is on all night and I have said if he starts call 999, she has an Alexa too so if he takes her phone she can still fetch the police.. don't think I will be sleeping

Griff that's awful. Poor woman. There are special arrangements made for abused women during lockdown. I didn't take in the details as I don't know anyone it would apply too but the info will be out there. If you can do anything for her don't let her wait until it becomes too late.

It's a lovely looking day but bloomin cold. I woke up around 5.00am shivering. I toughed it out until the heating came on at 6.30 and then got up. I had a session on the cross trainer to warm me up. 

Highlight of my day - Sainsbury's are delivering between 10 and 11. Hurrah!

I managed to book another delivery for Saturday. Next Monday is Ruby's hospital appointment. The consultant wants to see her in person so he can check her wound and the amount of fluid behind it. We'll see if goes ahead or not!

Owl its supposed to bring you luck when a bird poops on you. I wonder who thought that one up??? Probably someone trying to calm a hysterical person after a pigeon dumped a load.

And on that note I shall disappear....

Yes Marion..I did point out that controlling behaviour, verbal abuse and physical abuse are all forms of domestic abuse, the eldest point blank refuses to leave the family home and return back to her mums...I know my friend won't leave without her. I told her to be very very careful but she just said that she will be fine..she is always fine, I did point out that everyone says that until they aren't.

I hope Ruby's appointment can go ahead....mine has been changed to a telephone consultation, quite how my ears and nose can be checked by a phone I am not sure lol

I had to run from my husband, grabbed the youngest, but he wouldn't let me have david. I got him back 6 weeks later

my spine surgeon is a phone one. hes not seen me before so don't know how that will go but wow it needs seeing to

Colder here too, Yantan. We had 15 degrees on Saturday, 9 degrees yesterday and today's forecast is 6 degrees. It was down to 1 degree overnight.

Tomorrow we are due to have 13 degrees and 15 degrees on Wednesday. 

The weather is as mixed up as everything else.

America has had a tornado.

2020 will be remembered for  a long time.

Griff, my son's ex girlfriend only ate what she called  'happy chicken and happy meat'- free range. 

Another day of not doing very much. There's not much point in  planning anything.

I should have changed my car for a smaller, more manageable one, and had my house on the market.  I don't know when that will happen now.

It's about 6 here according to my phone, I've put the heating back on! even Philip was saying he was cold and he usually is warm when I'm going blue!

Griff, I hope your friend will be safe.  It seems too many women shrug off abusive behaviour until they end up badly hurt or worse.

I was reading something in the paper that really made me laugh (shouldn't have I know).  A French company planned a treat for a colleague who was retiring, he didn't know until he got to the airfield.  A flight in a fighter jet! Yes...well.  He was expecting a gentle angle takeoff,  not 47 degree!  Apparently he screamed in terror, grabbed at something to steady himself and oops! it was the ejector handle, so he promptly left at speed.  Must have given the pilot a shock and I can't imagine how the poor bloke felt.  Anyway, parachute opened automatically and he landed with only minor injuries.  They say they will review the way civilians are instructed before any future flights! Bet he needed clean underwear!

• Haha 1

good job he had a parachute on lol

one good thing about all this, people are bringing in fresh milk. I normally have long life so I don't muck up the dates and its off. tried freezing it but it as horrible. dog arnt happy though, they normally get the dregs of the milk, and im having it. they don't get much, 6 dogs sharing it, but they still arnt happy lol

be safe xxx

We use Arla B.O.B, it's skimmed milk but tastes & looks like semi-skimmed. It freezes really well and once de-frosted is just as good as it was before. I'd rather do without than have UHT long life milk. Yak 🤢 I love a latte made with Soya milk but don't like soya in tea 🤔

Owl, I saw a thing online where people put the milk into ice cube trays to use for drinks

Another day woken by workmen... bloody 7.10 am!! Called the vet as I have an appointment tomorrow night so not sure if it's still on, they have to check with Conor and he isn't in until tomorrow..so will find out if we need to go down then or not