UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Antics

Jazz

I hope all goes well for Ruby tomorrow.

There are some nasty people in this world . I hope the police catch up with them

Eve, I don't treat for fleas unless I find them on my dogs. In 30 years of dog owning that has happened twice and each time they were picked up from a house I  visited with the dog. First was a friend's house and the second was a holiday home.

As I live in tick central I use scalibor collars They last for 6 months. The only problems are if your dogs go swimming you are supposed to remove themas the insecticide  is dangerous to fish.and  you should not let your dogs sleep with you.

Murphy panicked when I used the spot on so switched to the collars.

You can get Seresto collars which cover fleas and ticks. for 9 months.They are more expensive than the scalibor. You used to need a prescription from your vet but I don't know if you still do.

As I am still in Edinburgh I have not researched it this year. I get my collars from the cheapest source online.

Another lovely day here spent recovering from tackling the garden yesterday.

Sitting here in the hospital car park. We left early so we could call into the storage unit, which we pass on the way here, and get our garden chairs out. Now we can sit out and enjoy the weather and the peace and quiet on our street now there are no tourists. 

This hospital is near the sea so its nice sitting here listening to the seabirds.

Neighbour, not the one who works at plastics firm but the one the other side, is working from home today. He has diggers large and small, a skip and a truck, and he is digging up and replacing his own parking area and drive instead of doing it for other folks. He is also replacing the manky tarmac on the narrow path between our houses. As it would be much harder to do his without touching mine, he offered to do my half of that path and also a path which runs up between my concrete hard standing and his patch for materials only at cost price. I gladly accepted, especially as he has knocked down a crumbling low wall and gatepost which is technically mine and needed either repairing or demolishing. He will be putting down blocks of different colour on my territory to make boundary clear.  It will make my place look a whole lot better. 

• Like 2

That's really nice of your neighbour Owl.

Our nutty neighbour came out past our garden on her way to the little Spa shop. Remember how she came to the door to say how sorry she was about us losing Tye, which was very nice of her but remember I said she probably won't speak next time we see her? Well she totally blanked Ruby and me as we were sitting out but stopped to talk to the neighbour at the other side of us. She asked her if she wanted anything at the shop but didn't ask us. She really is a strange one.  

Philip was chatting to Tracy just now when he was walking Candy and she was walking Cookie.  She's the one who had a double mastectomy and immediate reconstruction.  She said the healing was going ok but it was still very sore and hurt inside and they just don't feel like hers! He assured her they look fine (strange chats, my husband has!) Then a woman came out of her house, ready to join in the clap for the NHS, wearing her dressing gown and flung it open to display what she was wearing underneath...he said he beat a quick retreat before anyone else joined in! Honestly..it's not safe out there for a male on his own.

• Haha 3

I saw my oncologist this morning, very odd walking into the MacMillan Centre and finding only about half a dozen people in there, it's usually packed.  He's not happy about the lumpy thing on my collarbone, which is growing noticeably, so he said if I'm willing to go over to Sheffield to Weston Park Cancer centre where he's based, he'll attack it with targeted radiation therapy.  Take about five sessions apparently.  I said ok..not much else I could say really.  The post came shortly after I got home, with THE LETTER.  You are a vulnerable person..blah blah blah.  Advised to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks more blah blah blah.  Keep away from others in the house..bit late for that!  What made me smile was the signature..the oncologist I saw this morning!  He does make me laugh he finds it so hard not to touch, he went to hug me when I went into his consulting room then remembered and put his hands up, he started out with his chair well away but got closer every time he was explaining something and he did a quick arm round my shoulder when I left.  

I hope you and Wispa soon bounce back Owl, I think even if we are not consciously thinking about the virus it's lurking somewhere in our brains, and that can make you feel tired .  Flight or fight and all that.