UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

Well don't come in here spreading them Jayne! Good luck for Sunday :flowers:

Archie's acid reflux was bothering him through the night. First Ruby got up with him around 3am and gave him a dose of his medicine. She went back to bed and shut her door thinking he'd be OK. However he wasn't so he came into me as I leave my door open for him and in any case his bed is in my room. I got up and gave him another dose but it didn't do the trick and he was pacing and wanting out in the garden to be sick. Eventually he settled around 4.30am and seems fine this morning. He's just gone off all waggy tailed with the DW anyway. I can't say I feel very waggy tailed though!

Cracking day so far. Brilliant blue sky and a nice bit of sun even if it is a tad chilly.

Dont' know what to do about Candy (I know this should be in the dog's section, but no one seems to put anything there any more!). For the first couple of weeks we had her she was on springs..she'd take a flying leap onto the bed, ping on and off the sofa etc. One day when she was chasing her ball she didn't stop in time and went head over heels, after that she doesn't show any signs of pain, but she won't jump up any more or even attempt it, and every now and then she carries her left hind. Walks as fast as ever, no sign of a limp. I know carrying the leg can be a sign of luxating patella, but it feels ok. The thing is, we have her insured but the insurance doesn't cover anything in the first fortnight you have it and it isn't a fortnight until Saturday of next week. Am I risking damaging her if I don't take her to the vet until after that, as if it's something that will be horrible expensive we'll be up the proverbial creek with a very short paddle?

Philip was out walking Candy late afternoon yesterday and I was putting something in the bin when a three doors down neighbour came by with her two jrt's. She asked how the new girl was getting on, and I told her about Candy's on and off leg problem. Her bitch had a cruciate go last year apparently, took two goes to repair it as the crate she put her in wasn't small enough or something, but then Philip came back down the road with Candy and Ann said she didn't look as if anything was wrong at all, very weird. She certainly shows no signs of pain, no panting or shaking and she uses that leg to scratch her ear with great enthusiasm and no squeaks. We've decided no off lead at all, certainly no chasing balls, and we'll see how she is by Monday. She ran up the stairs once this morning perfectly normally, ran up a bit later and carried her leg then next time ran up normally. I think if anything it's a patella problem that is slipping in and out, Rosie had the same thing but hers resolved itself with no medical intervention.

Wow..sunshine! Bet if I put my washing out the clouds will roll in though.

My old George had a luxating patella which "popped" every now and again. I used to put him it back for him after the vet showed me how. In-between times he would use his leg normally including the enthusiastic ear scratching thing. He had it from the day I took him home at 7 weeks old until he went to the Bridge at 13. The vet told me when he was a pup that it might mean surgery in his later years but it never got to that stage. Sometimes it would pop and I would notice him lift his leg before taking a few more tentative steps where it would pop back in of it's own accord. When it really popped he would just hop his way over to me for mum to fix it :wub:

Afternoon all.

Met my dad for coffee this morning. It was a bit strange but not awkward so am going to meet up with him again soon. I just wish I hadn't left it as long because he's so old now (80 today) :( and we've missed out on 11 years. He's a cantankerous old git but at the end of the day he's my dad and he's not going to be around forever.

I've got a new bookcase being delivered between 1 and 4 today. What's the betting it will be 4.05 when it arrives? :rolleyes:

I've been cleaning the kitchen/hall/stairs/landing. Flies are really irritating me in the kitchen. I have no idea where they are coming from but I'll go and check behind the blinds and there will be one or two or sometimes up to five very docile flies. Last time it happened, turned out that Garfy cat had killed a starling and hidden it, little get. I've searched all the nooks and crannies in the kitchen just in case Gorgeous George brought something in and can't find anything. It's been off and on or a couple of weeks now and it's driving me nuts! I did wonder whether they could be flying in through the cat flap because there is no flap on it (darling cats won't use it otherwise). Any ideas?

Edited by merledogs