UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

Too tired to post last night, but the day with the TV crew went well. Only 2 of them, very nice people and it was the cameraman who got us our lucky break with the dog we were tracking. We didn't meet many people but he spoke to them all. One guy was mowing a lawn and it turned out he was a gardener from a few miles away. He hadn't seen the posters and wasn't on the net, He had seen Lulu the day before at another village a couple of miles from where we were tracking. So we rushed over there and got fresh scent. But the landowner won't let us go on the land as shooting has started :( Hoping that Lulu goes up to the village and gets seen.

Wispa got on fine with the TV crew. She didn't even mind the boom mike with fuzzy cover which looks like a dead rat on a stick. Goodness knows what I looked like on film as the wind was strong and my hair looked like a dandelion clock.

That's good Owl, at least she didn't try to eat the mike! Hope the lost dog doesn't get spooked by the shooting and disappear out of the area altogether.

Nigel, I just looked at the Fox House website and I think I'm out of date with my info...it's changed owners again since the last time we went there, and according to the reviews it is dog friendly, but a lot of comments about the service were less than favourable.

still not had the baby, they might induce her today, they are just talking over the options

im up there at 1 for my heart scan, that's when my parcel is coming, and I bet she has the baby as I get home lol

Edited by Jazz

Awwww, hopefully today will bring you some News Jazz

Suzeanna, if i had a food place i would gladly allow dogs in provided they were well behaved, my mate has 2 ice cream parlours in wales and he allows dogs in both of his

Owl, i really hope the dog doesn't get too scared by the bangs from the guns but if she does i hope she finds a safe place in a garden somewhere with people who will get her back to her owner

not much to say for myself at the moment but i hope you are all well, even if i don't post i do think about you all every day

There's loads of places around town that allow dogs in which is why we have been voted the most dog friendly town in the UK on a few occasions. Loads of businesses put out water for dogs and a lot of the shops are happy for owners to take their pooches in with them. Plus there are loads of eateries with pavement seating so you can eat outside with your dog in tow. The local park now has a cafe attached to the museum with an outdoor seating area and I see dogs and their owners in there a lot - locals and visitors alike. Our favourite is The Derwentwater Hotel where dogs are not just tolerated they are actively encouraged. When I first went with dogs in tow I put my order in and when the waiter brought it out there was a dish of water and some dog biscuits for the boys included - and I never asked for them! I haven't been for a couple of years though so don't know if things have changed there.

• Like 1

How's your mum Sam?

A awful lot better thanks , she was discharged last weekend after nearly 5 weeks in the hospital and the staff there were first class. We are very very lucky indeed her surgeon was not only very good at his job but a throughly nice man

As she still gets fatigued we have hired a wheelchair so we can get out and about every day

Dylan was born at 1pm. all I know so far

IM A NANA!

Congratulations

Glad grandson arrived safely, Jazz. Good to hear Sam's mum is doing ok.

The dog we were filmed tracking has been found but had gone to the Bridge. We don't know why but she had been very ill with pneumonia 2 weeks earlier so wasn't 100%. Looks as if she was making her way home, but she will have passed before we tracked so we could not have saved her. Very upset fro her family who tried so hard :(

Congrats Nana Jazz Lol, welcome to the world Dylan

Sam, i hope your mum is soon on the mend, great idea about the wheelchair, being able to get out in the fresh air and go places will help her on the road to recovery

Owl, gosh , that is so sad but i am pleased she was found as the not ever knowing what heppened is awful, i lost a cat when we moved house 33 years ago....everyday i still think of him and wonder what heppened