UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

evening all, hope everyone is well, feeling really p*ssed off so best not to post, don't like humans much myself at the minute Owl...however my mouth hasn't got a filter and stuff just comes out...mind it wants saying to one person in particular...he can't see my worth and has made me feel worthless....again!! yet somehow it is all my fault

It's o.k Jazz, just needed to get it off my chest...sometimes it helps just to put it down somewhere

Yantan, you are right...damn cold, i have been on an errand already and left home at 7.10am!!! haven't been to sleep so am way ahead on my day already Lol

The old saying "the more I see of people, the more I love my dog" definitely applies to me, I find a large chunk of humanity a waste of oxygen. People who put others down do it to make themselves feel bigger, and don't realise it's actually making it clear that they are the worthless ones.

I'm trying to resist the urge to put the heating on, so far I'm wearing a long sleeve t and a jumper, just about to add a body warmer!

• Like 1

We have had frost the last two mornings.

The northern lights have been visible every night for the last 10 nights. At 5 am the sky is lit like daylight and the stars are shining as if they were light bulbs.

We passed a man taking a photograph this morning. He was a holiday maker because he was wearing a short sleeved shirt.

• Like 1

Up in the far north of Scotland, 40 miles from John 0'Groats.

We are having another sunny, autumn day- 10 days so far.

We stayed in a static caravan in Foindle when we were up that way. If you ran out of anything it was bloomin' miles to the nearest shop. The first morning we were there I threw the curtains back only to find myself looking at a fella from my home town in the van opposite. We actually worked for the same company and although we spoke almost daily we hadn't traded holiday plans. We kept running into him and his wife everywhere we went in Sutherland that week.

We live in a highland strath which is crofting country so lots of sheep and cows.

Our nearest shop is 7 miles away in the next village.

Nearest town for weekly shop and vet is 17 miles away.

Doctor's surgery in 16 miles away. The surgery do their own prescriptions so you collect it immediately. Repeat prescriptions are phoned in and delivered to the village shop for collection.

Our nearest neighbour is 500 yards away and out of sight from the house.

We retired up here 11 years ago and love it.

I have put the heating on as I need to dry Wispa's hi vis harness and leads on a radiator. Just put them through the wash. Also my shooters waistcoat with lots of pockets. We have to be reasonably clean and decent tomorrow as we and our partners Isobel and Finlay are being filmed up in Yorkshire. Series being made by Hat Trick productions on missing dogs. Hope I don't fall over my own feet, hope Wispa doesn't try to eat the TV crew. At least it's not live. Wibble!

Very strange the people you meet unexpectedly on holiday in remote places. I went to Mull and met a work colleague in the pub in Dervaig. And another colleague in Stromness, Orkney.

I would love to see the Northern Lights. Good to know I don't need to leave UK mainland to so that. Too busy at present but maybe next year I will plan hols in Caithness. What times of year do you see them, blackmagic?