UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

Her treatment is on the NHS. I offered her a free consultation with the private side of the business if she was interested - they have more options with regards to lens type. However her health insurance wouldn't cover it as it's cosmetic (as her cataracts didn't actually need treating). I'd love to be a fly on the wall when my boss rings her back!

I didn't actually find her but confirmed she was nowhere in their extensive woods and fields but had left the premises and headed down the road. They had already spread the word round nearby villages so she was recognised at once.

But we went after another lab yesterday, just me and Wispa, 48 hour scent and Wispa worked well. He escaped and got himself lost in a big estate and ran in a circuit which would have taken him home. But he came out on his own road further up and turned the wrong way which led out into countryside. We found lots of scent in a dry cosy haybarn but he had moved off into fields next to a lake surrounded by footpaths. So everyone set off on bikes to search round there while his mum walked home with us. We hoped we would be laying a scent for him. She walked to the farm and back later on to talk to the farmer, so she laid the trail twice.

This morning he turned up early barking at the door. His people say he was very warm, dry and clean so it looks as if he went back to his nest in the haybarn then followed his mum's scent all the way home. So I think Wispa can take some credit for that one.

• Like 2

Fantastic Owl, i do think Wispa is super smart (and you too)

Suzeanna, you are quite right, the police do use spaniels, you can play scent games at home with Candy...will wear her out a bit for you too

Hi ya Jazz

Steves first day back at work today after 3months off, he is not happy......at all. I am trying to be positive for the both of us but i know he will be in a foul mood later, just have to try and remember it is not me or anything i have done

Well done Owl and Wispa :cheer:

Archie would have made a great tracker or a police/forces sniffer dog. He has a terrific nose. I wish now I'd done something along these lines with him when he was younger. Once I had my elderly friend's BT out with us and she went off after a deer. We waited a wee while for her to come back but after much calling and whistling there was no sign off her. I took Archie back up the trail a little way saying "go find Sophie, good boy" and he suddenly dived off into the forest with me attempting to follow him. However the going was too tough for me and I was just beginning to think I'd lost them both when Archie appeared with Sophie in tow.

• Like 3

Well done Archie, bet you were relieved Yantan.

Spaniels make excellent trackers. A field spaniel helped out on a recent search we did for a Bedlington and he did very well.

Hi merle :)

Very quiet day here, both worn out as yesterday's effort was in Northants, 180 mile round trip. On the way home we stopped off for tea with Finlay and Isobel. Wispa was very cheeky. After we had tracked the other lab with them on Sunday we were so wet and cold that Isobel lit the log burner for us to dry off. Yesterday Wispa went and lay down on the sofa, looked at Isobel then pointedly looked at the cold log burner and back at Isobel. It was so obvious that we all burst out laughing. And kind auntie Isobel lit the fire for her.

• Like 2

I don't get it lol

see my brains not working. just went for my breathing test, it was my smear. test on Monday. at least I got the right time lol

Aw that's OK. It's cute you don't get it :flowers: Neither did my neighbour.

The dog wearing the lampshade wants the other one to lick his doo-dahs for him.