UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Original Orations

snow

Been trying to plan my diving on my next trip. Found out there are no dive shops anywhere near where my hotel is, so went onto the live chat to ask Thomas Cook if I could move. All was going swimmingly well, found a nice hotel in a good resort with better reviews than my original hotel. They said it would cost me £39 to move to this hotel. After they had taken payment and confirmed it, they realised because it was less than 28 days till departure, I'd have to pay 90% of my total holiday cost to change hotels :angry: :rolleyes: I'm staying with my original hotel. Am a bit gutted - I was so close to staying near to scuba diving shop - they emailed me a confirmation and everything before they realised that I'd have to pay £1400 to move!

Congratulations and hello twins :)

I have sent a tweet to Thomas cook customer services about last night's debarcle. They have said they can't promise anything, but will look into it. I was quite reasonable and just pointed out that their computer systems shouldn't allow their staff to change holidays and then change their mind about how much they are going to charge. We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath :rolleyes:

In other news, I've had a lot of black mould on my bathroom and bedroom ceiling since I got the cats (because I don't open any windows). Today I bought some mould spray from b&q. It's absolutely amazing stuff - I've sprayed it on the ceiling in the bathroom, within 10 minutes most of it had gone and my ceiling is perfectly white again. Wish I had taken before and after pictures now!

Jayne, it can be bad for your health to have mould, the spores get into your lungs. Can't you fit something over the window that will allow you to open them just a bit but not let the cats get out? (Or burglars in!). There is a sort of mesh frame thing I think you can buy, even a net curtain tacked over once the window is open will stop the cats getting out.

What I have started doing is leaving the bathroom window open during the day (it's too small for burglars to get through) and leave my bathroom door closed so that the cats can't get in whilst the door is open. Am hoping that solves the problem. Unfortunately some of the paint has flaked off the bathroom ceiling, so i'm going to have to sand it down and paint it, but it looks loads better already :)

I have the most wonderful neighbours. Man next door loves bonfires. His idea of a good Saturday night is to sit round one with one or two mates and a few beers. It relaxes him after a week away from home tarmacing roads on the other side of the country. He asked if he could burn some of my huge stacks of leylandii clippings. This morning I went down the garden to find he had shifted the whole lot over the fence and burned them. There is still some more hedge to be cut but if I drop it over his side he will deal with it.

• Like 1

That's lovely Loobie :flowers:

We had no option but to install a fan into our new bathroom as the building regs require it. It makes a big difference. It switches on as soon as the light goes on.

Owl that was so good of your neighbour. You might get asked over to share a beer. I'd bet the crack would be great with all of you having such fabulous tales to tell. LOL!

Is it half term? It's feckin heaving here with people so something must be going on!

How lovely, Loobie.

Owls are allergic to alcohol, Yantan. And this particular one is rubbish after around 9 pm these days, a real lightweight. They did ask me to join them for a barbecue the other week, but I am allergic to meat as well. What a social disaster :(

Autumn festival at the reserve today, very well attended and it didn't rain.

I am sure it is next weekend that we go back to GMT.

Yes, it is the last Sunday in October.

Jayne, you can buy window locks from mothercare and online, they are for when you have kids, you attach them to the frame and open the window and lock them at the desired gap. That spray is excellent if it is the same one i had...HG or WG or something. I also hope Thomas cook play nice.

Owl how lovely of your neighbour...must admit i do love bonfires...not fireworks though

Congrats Loobie

thanks for the congrats on the twins, i went to see them...my god it was miles away!!! i could only see mum dad and one baby, the other is in neo natal, he can't feed and is a bit poorly at the moment...just hoping he will soon be reunited with his brother and mummy and daddy and then they can all come home