UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

Merry christmas everyone, i have been thoroughly spoilt and got lots of money and gifts, dogs are being o.kish...kota is so excited with my brother Lol, he is being really nice and very patient with them both which is nice

hope you all have a lovely time

• Like 1

Merry Christmas Griff...glad your brother is coping ok with the nutters, and you got plenty of presents.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day however they are spending it and spare a thought for all those either temporarily or forever without their loved ones by their side. We're off to my daughter's soon for the afternoon and evening, hoping to Skype with my son and his family whilst we are there. He was coming up here on Saturday but as his mother in law is still with them but very weak, he daren't leave his wife to cope if her mum suddenly goes, so we are going to dash down to Sussex on Sunday to take their presents.

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a great day with no stress and drama ,

We had a meal at a local hotel with some friends and then I skyped with my mum for 90 minutes which was lovely , I would have loved to have been able to spend a few days with family in the UK but its just not realistic to travel back and forth regularly any more

• Like 1

Had a panic on our walk this morning when Taffy ran off and I couldn't find him for about ten minutes. He would never normally do something like that. Found him eventually, but my heart was thumping looking for him!

RMF : I've put 3/4 of a coffee and walnut cake out for the birds. The greedy starlings got there first and happily munched most of it :wub:

Afternoon all :)

Back at my house after an interesting and funny Christmas Day - present opening was a bit awkward as dad bought mum a watch, he was really proud of it and mum didn't like it :unsure: Me and my brother were both sat there wondering what to do :unsure: Dad went in a grump for a while, but then he cheered up. I had bought mum and dad a game called cards against humanity. It's a game that is totally non pc and wrong. We played it with the family last night and it was brilliant :biglaugh:

Afternoon :wavey:

I hope you all had a happy and restful Christmas :flowers:

I had a quiet day. Went round to my parents' on Tuesday morning, and stayed there until this afternoon. My little sister and her OH joined us for Christmas dinner. Logan loved it - he is ace at unwrapping presents, and loves it when there is lots going on. I should have another quiet day tomorrow, then an agility show on Sunday, if it isn't too snowy to get there.

Nick, Vicky, Owen & Bruno have just left - the house suddenly seems so much bigger, we had a great Christmas, lots of laughing, Nick had mentioned Cards Against Humanity but forgot to order them in time, however I'd bought Headbandz Act Up - and that caused soooooo much hilarity it should be sold with tenna pads! Owen absolutely loves Baddie and was squealing and laughing every time Baddie so much as looked at him. Bruno spent the whole of Christmas eve dragging his bed so it was next to Baddies and wasn't satisfied until he was able to sleep half on his bed half on Baddies with Baddie lol Initially Baddie had no idea what to do with a wrapped present but as soon as I ripped a tiny hole in it and he smelt the treats he was most enthusiastic about opening it himself lol Both mine and Robs pressies for Owen went down a storm, Nanna bought him his first laptop - naturally and grampy bought him his first keyboard, both have proven to be a great hit. Then this afternoon I got a call from my brother who was all emotional and told me I had got him the best present I'd ever gotten him up to now - he really loves those photo tiles I had made and he got all choked up when he opened them awwwwwwww so so pleased he liked them. So thats Xmas done, next up my cataract surgery on Monday .... *eek* lol

If anyone needs an nice throw, my sister got me this one and it is absolutely gorgeous. The dogs love it too, and there was nearly a spat as to who got to sit next to me last night when I was using it as a blanket. I got the one with stags on, but the hound one looks lovely too. My nana has asked for one for her birthday (which is next week), and mum wants one too but is deciding if she can wait until her birthday in February or not.

I like the one with hounds.

We are being very snuggly and cosy, having had a busy day getting in enough supplies to last us a few days because of the forecast. Also we had a nice walk in the fields. Heavy snow falling continuously now. Planning a few days of indoor decluttering and filing, watching dvds and reading. The advantage of having a more mature dog is that she no longer needs exercise in all weathers and is happy to pootle about in the garden if it is snowy then go indoors to warm up.

Mum's 95th birthday yesterday was better than expected as she had about 20 mins of being lucid and alert, recognised and enjoyed her cake, and spoke a few words to us. My sister took a photo of her with the cake giving us a lovely smile.

Very pleased that a beagle who was on the run near here for 3 1/2 months was caught just before the snow arrived :)

• Like 1

Had a great Christmas and was very surprised to find that Santa had left me a new desktop.

Archie got all sorts and as we are trying to keep his acid reflux problem at bay he got a Lily's Kitchen Christmas dinner instead of sharing ours. He loved it and has enjoyed the odd slice of turkey minus any skin.

I got a mandolin - a cutting one, not the instrument - but managed to cutvmy finger on it being gung-ho slicing a tater. This was right after I sliced my thumb with a kitchen knife!

Owl great to hear that your mum was lucid at least for a while to celebrate her birthday :)

• Like 1

One of the pressies I love most is a snow leopard print hooded fleece kaftan - soooo snuggly and warm and practical, suits me so much better than a onesie as you don't need to strip off to have a wee lol Rob got it for me and told Nick so they got me matching snow leopard print slippers :biggrin:

• Like 1