UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

We haven't any snow.

After Ruby has walked The Archibald we are going to have a little run out, maybe have lunch somewhere. The town will start filling up with tourists from tomorrow coming for the new year and it will be difficult to get parked from then on. We all laugh when we read the blurb accompanying the details of holiday lets around us when they declare "ample on street parking". No there's not! They should be done under the trades description act!

We had snow overnight but it's pretty much melted now. It did take me about 20 minutes to defrost the windscreen though because the snow fell on top of sleet and then froze into a thick layer.

Just had a sausage, eggs, mushrooms beans and toast. So did the dogs. I look forward to much farting later :rolleyes: :laugh:

We had about four inches of snow...quite a bit of it is still lying. I'm not happy, my daughter and her husband were coming here for the afternoon and evening, staying the night, and then looking after the dogs whilst we went down to Sussex to see my son and his family. Their lane is dreadful..it's never gritted and very steep...and they can't get here. Drat. To put it mildly.

A pity about that. I don't expect many people will be getting through West Handley today, Suzeanna. Not without tractors. Main roads here in Worksop are clear but it is bad here on the estate so we decided to play in the garden rather than try to get out.

We have had a bit of snow - nothing major though. It's unusual as we usually get loads of snow here!

Have spent the afternoon ironing and trying to tidy my house - have fished baubles out from every possible corner of my house and put them back on my tree. I am not the tidiest person in the world, but the mess that walter and Jessie are creating is something else! I will be quite glad when new year comes and I can put the Christmas cards and decorations away! I still love them to bits, and they haven't destroyed anything yet!

Just a quick question about cats whilst I am here.... Walter has started having a poo in the bath. I have 3 litter trays and clean them out at least once a day. He has to walk past a litter tray to poo in the bath. Does anyone know why he might be doing this? When he messes in the bath, I don't make any reference to it, just scoop it out and wash the bath with Jif and hot water. I changed the cat litter a couple of weeks ago, but he will pee in the litter tray and I have seen him poo in the litter tray, so I don't think it's the litter hurting his feet. Does anyone have any ideas? All 3 litter trays were emptied and disinfected on Christmas Day and he messed in the bath on the same day. So I can't see it being a build up of ammonia :unsure:

It may be because you are cleaning them out so often Jayne. Leave a bit of the smell of wee the litter tray and they may be more likely to go in there again. You could try putting a litter tray in the bath and see if they use it in there.

I've just watched Breaking Dawn Part 2 again - love that film.

Thanks. I just scoop the poo out, the whole tray gets changed and disinfected once a week.

I don't really mind him pooping in the bath - I would rather he did that than on the carpet! I just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong :unsure: I read online that it can be stress thing, but am not sure what he would have to be stressed about - the house is pretty quiet, we never get visitors and they are pretty much left to do what they want (which usually involves snuggling up to me when I am chilling on the sofa).

Anybody in Coventry area?

crossposted

Public meeting for dog owners to protest against proposed Dog Control Orders to be held in the Margaret Roper room, St Thomas More Church, Watercall Ave, Coventry, CV3 5DE on Monday 29 December, starting at 7pm. Please try to attend, get your family and friends to sign the petition, email your local councillors, before you know it our dogs will have nowhere to play.

http://epetitions.coventry.gov.uk/2014/12/dogs-need-places-to-play-coventry-responsible-dog-owners-unite/

Are the litter trays in nice quiet spots? It's important to pussprats to have a little privacy. Are the trays set well away from their feeding area? Too close and that can cause upset. What do you disinfect the trays with? A cat has such a sensitive nose and if Walter has taken a dislike to the disinfectant that could be the cause. It could also be his way of protesting about something. Or he might jus be testing his boundaries.

When I had my gang of 7 felines I found I could read them pretty well but kittenhood was the worst when they would just seemingly do stuff for no good reason - or at least anything I could pin it down too. I will just say that patterns established now, if not sorted, may very well continue for the rest of a cat's life.

My Yours order was delivered at 6pm tonight. I am very pleased with all the bargains I bagged :)

The litter trays are in pretty quiet spots, however as there is just me and the cats, there isn't a busy area. There is one under the kitchen table (relocated from the living room whilst the tree is up), one next to the freezer and one upstairs on the landing.

I use a cat litter tray cleaner from pets at home, it doesn't smell too strongly.

They are fed in the kitchen - walter is an impatient pants and eats his on the kitchen worktop. Jessie is a lady and waits until I put it on the floor - they don't eat near their litter tray.

Moaning :tired:

I had a whole 8 hours last night! :ohmy: It was so nice and snuggly in my Soak & Sleep bedding that I didn't want to get up this morning. If anybody's looking for some nice snuggly bedding I can recommend the Tuxedo Stripe bedding. I had that on last night with a fleece throw over the top and it was toasty and lush. The dogs have a couple of the single duvet covers in dark stone for their own duvets - £16 for a single cover. Unfortunately because it's clearance they have limited stock, so I had to get the superking fitted sheet for my king size bed, but you don't notice once it's on.