UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dangly Doings

Yantan

My mum has just started with hot flushes- she went to holland and barratt and they were really helpful apparently.

Did anyone watch top gear over the weekend? They were in Argentina and the reaction they got when they arrived at the southern most point was scary!

do you remember me saying that Mark and I were not buying pressies for family and instead we would be helping some local people with things they needed

heres Srima with her very first own bike , she currently has to share a bike with her Dad and if they are both working on the same day it means one of them has to walk and her Dads bike is really heavy and very old

20141229_142441_resized_zps0f0d4d4d.jpg

Now she has her very own girlie bike with a basket and a bell :)

• Like 2

I'm home from my eye surgery - have found an old pair of glasses in a drawer which I think were my mums and they are balanced rather precariously on my face all skewiff and I have the screen zoomed up to 150% but at least I can manage to be online for short periods. Once the patch comes off tomorrow I can pop out and get some off the shelf readers. Very impressed with how efficient they were at the hospital, I had to be there for 7.30am, had a bit of a panic as we were all set to go Rob having deiced the car at 6am but when I got in the passenger door wouldnt close the lock had frozen in the open position so wouldnt engage and hold the door shut, so made scramble to deice my car and get going. When I arrived I was told I was 4th on the list and probably wuldnt be having it done untill 11.30 so they sent Rob home. However the lady before me ended up not having her surgery so I was moved up and I actually went into theatre bang on 10am. The nurse rang Rob and said shed walk me down to the concourse taxi rank and he could pick me up from there so I didnt have to walk all the way to the cat park, we were in McDonalds having breakfast by 11am.

Hi all hope you had a lovely christmas. Went to my sisters on Saturday a really nice drive down in good weather took the usual 3 hours, what surprised me was all the cars drving towards me covered in about 4" of snow, was totally clear in my part of cheshire but about 10 miles away they copped for a lot, the snow in the fields eventually ran out at the Staffs/Worcs border.

took 5 and a half hours home though due to 'congestion', it didn't help that all the signs warning of congestion made everyone brake and slow down, got the other side of it all and back to normal, hit more signs saying congestion and guess what, all the brakes came on and we slowed to a halt FFS !

Anyway it's going to be Cliffys birthday in 2 days time so will get him something nice, strange how the older he gets the more puppy like he is with his snuggles :luvlove: , despite become somewhat of a grumpus at bedtime !

That is lovely Sam - well done :flowers:

Am snuggled on the sofa with Walter and Jessie again - watching Bedknobs and Broomsticks with a cup of tea :) I love not having things to do!! I don't feel guilty for snuggling on the sofa and being lazy.

Still having a play on my dating app - I have matched with a flight instructor from the RAF :biggrin: Have also matched with a newly qualified commercial pilot :biggrin: With my newly qualified pilot we are having our first date at the airport. The RAF flight instructor has said he will take me up in a fighter plane :laugh:

Did anyone see on the news about the plane this afternoon that had to make a 'non standard landing' at Gatwick? It was a 747 jumbo and the landing gear wasn't functioning properly under the right wing. Scary stuff, thankfully everyone was ok and the plane landed safely. They had to circle for 3 hours though before they could land!

So this elderly staffy suddenly leaves home, trots to the tube which is 10 mins away at Norbury, gets on a train,changes trains at Balham (managing an escalator between platforms) and gets off at Clapham South. By this time station staff are aware of the small fare-dodger and someone from Battersea DH comes to collect him. He is now safely back at home.

Sometimes we don't have a clue why dogs do the things they do. This is one of those times.

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=80447#.VKGgsA1sKk

• Like 1